shape
carat
color
clarity

Walked into Costco to change my membership card...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally & normally enjoy rings from an arm length distance. Are you enjoying the view of the new oval yourself...?

Just posting this out for fun. HW didn't pair yellow with fire red either. ;)2

hw.jpg

Seems only blue and white can be paired with fire red.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally & normally enjoy rings from an arm length distance. Are you enjoying the view of the new oval yourself...?

Just posting this out for fun. HW didn't pair yellow with fire red either. ;)2

hw.jpg

They are approximately from the arm length but I cut off everything - my nails need manicure, and also, this time, it was a hole puncher in view, and it was also red! I should find the initial photo.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore your new ring! I don’t know a thing about diamonds but that cheerful yellow color in a bright white halo is giving me all the feels. :love:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and I love that it was an impulsive buy at Costco!!

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Holy crap! :-o I never cease to be amazed at what one can find at Costco! Amazing amazing find - I'm a yellow girl and so very jealous! Congrats :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade , you have such beautiful things. )))

and you have such beautiful things @Arkteia
I think it’s totally normal to lust after your stuff

You know, it is a totally different animal, a diamond. I like its dispersion. I would like a vivid but at the same time, I twice confused someone’s sapphires with FVD. Obviously, I need to look at them.

I don’t know what I shall end up doing, but it looks OK tonight. And you are right, it pales in comparison to a spinel so maybe not a good idea to wear them together.

If someone feels I should return it, please post, I shall not be upset, as it was an impulsive buy.

It’s a beautiful yellow diamond and I bet it’s totally eye catching irl. If I really want to nitpick then perhaps the stubby prongs, but it’s a beautiful classic design. Enjoy your new ring!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
They are approximately from the arm length but I cut off everything - my nails need manicure, and also, this time, it was a hole puncher in view, and it was also red! I should find the initial photo.

I hear you...winter sucks for nails and I don’t like doing manicure.

Many PSers like the oval but you seem not so sure...you are the one wearing it, remember? Are you happy with it?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s beautiful :kiss2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more - me, dangling out of the car, under our sky, trying to take pictures, lol! It is hard to take photos. I assume my old one has strong fluorescence so under any Fluor light it looks great. I can only guess but I think the newer one doesn’t but it stays yellow everywhere. It has no green or orange but the color is very clean. 3DF60D2F-124F-477C-B640-6C0DA92B2896.jpeg B000F8E6-3951-4E98-9F61-A7680C31E2D2.jpeg B4030ED4-6AB6-47FC-889E-943E90F3379F.jpeg

Sorry, but that ruby steals the show!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful!!!
Why would you return it? If you love it too that is.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!
Why would you return it? If you love it too that is.

I always wanted a vivid yellow. But with diamonds - I can not buy them off the picture. Too many factors. If in colored stones color rules, and anything can be forgiven in favor of the color, in FCD, it is still color, and dispersion, and evenness, and cut, and whatnot.

So if I ever find a vivid, it has to be like this, very dispersive and with good cut, but more saturated. And the cost will be high, I think. This one was affordable.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DauphineMucha , I usually don’t like ovals, but I like this one. The cut is quite ok by me. We have purists for diamonds, but I don’t know enough, for me, it is “fire - no fire”. I guess proportions are good per the report.

But - each time I look at it, I think, “can I do better? What could I sacrifice to do so?”

I shall wear it for a few days and look at it in different lights

Last edited:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I saved this Zimmi 3 stone ring for my own reference. the FY looks so vivid even thought the EC has cut issue.

Have never seen a Zimmi IRL to get the full experience...

zimmi.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, and I totally understand your decision. :Up_to_something:I hope you have/got executive membership to get 3% cash back on that baby :razz:!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Zimmis are extremely strong colored, they are not everyone’s cup of tea. Many look strong orange and even darkish.
I am usually not an oval fan either but do like this ring. There are amazing intense yellows very close to vivid and often I prefer them. Fancies have to be evaluated on an individual basis.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saved this Zimmi 3 stone ring for my own reference. the FY looks so vivid even thought the EC has cut issue.

zimmi.jpg

What is Zummi? Color or simply fancy vivid? I see these “canary” yellow, or “zummi”, what would it correlate with?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@DauphineMucha...

I shall wear it for a few days and look at it in different line

You could wear it to local jewelry shops and compare it next to FVY too, if they carry FVY. Make sure to take pictures and come back and show them off!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Arkteia Zimmis are like the “creme de la creme” within vivid yellows. They have extreme saturation and really do look different even from a “normal” vivid. Like I said they often appear like they have an orange secondary but they don’t on paper. They are supposed to be the best yellows and carry a premium. I do appreciate them very much for what they are but I personally prefer a more lemony yellow and to me intense are often the best value. I do love yellows, I started with them within FCDs in my personal jewelry collection. I do own a vivid orangy yellow oval but quite honestly my preference is the lighter toned straight yellows with intense saturation, something like yours.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

zimmi.jpg

This one is fantastically elegant

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring from Costco!

I had never heard of a Zimmi, that ring is très élégant.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am surprised that your OEC in only 'Intense'.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure how widely used is this Z word for color - yellow so intense its deeper reflections appear golden. I am not sure I have seen the real thing [!], although I am happyest in this large neighbourhood of golden yellow www.

Zimmi is a diamond mining region - www

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow diamond is gorgeous. The only thing I don't like are the prongs but being nitpicky so there you are....

So you plan on keeping it? Cosco seems to do a really good job on their diamonds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow. Costco sells gorgeous stuff! This ring says it all.

cheers--Shaorn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results