shape
carat
color
clarity

Walk the Line

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this movie last night. I am so totally blown away by Reese Witherspoon's and Joaquin Phoenix's performances! I never really paid attention to Johnny Cash's music, but I am going to go out and buy some of his cd's this weekend. I did get the soundtrack to the movie. If you're going to the theaters anytime soon, I give Walk the Line two thumbs up!!

Oh, and I've already told my husband that I have fallen in love with whoever the actor is who played Jerry Lee Lewis. He is very understanding and now feels less guilty about his attraction to Eva Longoria.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
It was great, wasn''t it??!! Oh, and the actor who plays Jerry Lee Lewis - his name is Waylon Payne. He is a country singer out here in LA. He''s adorable isn''t he? He is also a friend of a friend and, well, he plays for the other team.
8.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Aww nuts. DH is over here snickering to himself. Seriously, I am so impressed by everyone''s performance in that movie. I usually don''t give a movie a second thought once I''m walking out the theater.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Can''t wait to see WTL!
Joaquin P. is gorgeous! I think I''ve seen every film he''s been in. No idea which ''team'' he''s plays fer.
37.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the one movie I have been dying to see once I heard about it. I hear there is major Oscar buzz for both Reese and her co-star. I look forward to seeing it. Not a big country music star, but would love to see the story behind Johnny Cash and June Carter.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s an amazing film, isn''t it? I saw it twice in one week, and would see it again in a minute! I was already a huge fan of Reese Witherspoon (loved her in Election) and Joaquin Phoenix (loved him in Signs)! I read somewhere that he might quit acting, which would be such a shame!!

LC

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great movie! well acted, etc. ms witherspoon never ceases to amaze me....see ELECTION if you have not yet seen it. and that they both sang themselves is incredible. we just saw jerry lee lewis iin november at the bridge concert and it was sort of eerie seeing someone play his younger self......

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2005 3:11:45 AM
Author: movie zombie
great movie! well acted, etc. ms witherspoon never ceases to amaze me....see ELECTION if you have not yet seen it. and that they both sang themselves is incredible. we just saw jerry lee lewis iin november at the bridge concert and it was sort of eerie seeing someone play his younger self......

I loved Dennis Quaid''s portrayal of him. Wasn''t that movie entitled, "Great Balls of Fire"? At Thanksgiving someone whom I had never before met said that my daughter looked like Reese Witherspoon with dark hair. He said he thought he had seen her with dark hair in, "Walk the Line". I have to see it to see if he''s right! (Although I don''t watch many modern movies, I did see, "Legally Blonde" in which she acts. It was one of those films my daughter insisted I watch with her. The truth is that I can''t remember a bit of it!)

Deb

koko

Shiny_Rock
Awesome movie, my dad was a fan of his when I was young....did you know that the poet Shel Siverstein wrote the lyrics to "A Boy Named Sue"......he has a good gospel music CD that my 24 year old dtr. loves.....Entertainment Tonight said the script for this movie has been around for several yrs. & that Johnny Cash said he wanted Joaquin Phoenix to play him because he was a huge fan of his from "Gladiator." Also, June Carter Cash was told before her death that Reese Witherspoon would play her and she was happy, thought she was "a doll.".....I loved the movie, would like to see part two, where it goes farther than them just getting married......
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I cant wait to see the movie. I''m not a country fan but LOVE JOHNNY CASH! I always thought the love story between him and his wife was beautiful.
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this movie opening weekend and loved it. Reese and Jaquion(sp?) did amazing, I hope there are some nominations. The music was great (i bought the jackson song of itunes), and I think people who arent even realy johnny cash fans will like it, it is so much of a rock and roll love story!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
This film blew me away! I agree - amazing performances. Although it wasn''t 100% accurately portrayed (hey - it''s hollywood), the love story between Johnny and June Carter Cash really struck a chord in me... Anyhow, I would recommend this film to any film and/or music buff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results