shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has not returned my money - 1.1 K for a sapphire. The stone was advertised as blue with violet undertones VVS1, it was hopelessly dark-violet without any blue. I sent the stone back the day I received it, he kept silent, till I started emailing him, then he stated I owed him $ 50.00 for a certificate and custom costs, then I tried to find a merchant's certificate and could not, and said, OK, just reimburse me minus $ 50.00. SInce that time, he has not returned a single email. No money on Paypal either.

Yesterday evening I said, I gave him12 hours to respond to an email, then I shall post it on PS, and if he is not returning the email in 12 hours, I am going to open a claim with Chase band and Paypal. I sent copies of emails to myself, I sent an email via his website, I called them and they did not answer. I do not know what is going with this company, perhaps they are going out of business, or just a scammer, but please, do not buy from them till I clear my situation. He acknowledged receipt of the stone, and I have this email, which is good and allows me to open the case. I shall be posting here about the progress, but it is Wednesday, the business day, and yesterday when I sent my last email, it was a business day in Colombo, in full swing.

There is a sale on his website, please be careful!
You know me, I usually do not complain here and try to resolve difficult situations directly with vendors. But this Wadood, I think he just wants to pocket my money.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Re: PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM JEWELSAPPHIRE!

Sux!! :errrr: Crasru, isn't this the second vendor with whom you've had this problem? I think I remember your difficulty with Thaigemstore about the time I returned my pear sapphire. How did that resolve?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Crasru, yuck! Here's hoping you get your money back & this ends easily. What a nightmare! That's not chicken-feed. And thanks for the heads-up.

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry Crasru,
Keep us posted. It's good you kept documentation, and I hope the credit card company reverses the charges soon. Good luck.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uppy - that was not Thaigemstore. That was Jewelsapphire only in my post I said I was not naming the vendor because I hoped he'd return me the money. They are not returning money, answering my calls or returning emails. I gave him time to respond, then I thought that the longer I would sit on the case, the longer it would take to resolve. So I did open the claim with Paypal and with cc company.

However, it is a hassle and a headache. I shall be keeping you aware of the situation and later share my takehome message. You may know these things already, but still - be very careful with overseas merchants!

Never use international vendor even with good standing with PS unless several PS members have confirmed that they had positive experience with him/her. I used jewelsapphire because on PS-er mentioned in her/his posting that she/he used him. I wish I asked other people before I bought from this guy!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for letting us know crasru, I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this. I do hope you will get your money back soon.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh.. :nono:

Please keep us updated. Sending you my dust to get this resolved quickly.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, fellows.

Indy - you do not post here often now. Which is sad, because we truly miss you.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I just sent them this to their [email protected] address

Hi,

There are a few stones on your website that I am interested in purchasing. I do not find the 25% sale; does that price only appear at checkout?
Also, a friend of mine purchased a stone from you and returned it but has not received her refund. I will not feel comfortable placing my order until that is resolved,

Best Regards,

SB621

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid|1314806658|3006412 said:

Hi,

There are a few stones on your website that I am interested in purchasing. I do not find the 25% sale; does that price only appear at checkout?
Also, a friend of mine purchased a stone from you and returned it but has not received her refund. I will not feel comfortable placing my order until that is resolved,

Best Regards,

:appl: :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL,

Thank you, my friend ...

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

VapidLapid|1314806658|3006412 said:

Hi,

Best Regards,

:appl: +1 :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a drag! Hope this gets resolved soon!
I see there's a "write a review" link on their site, but didn't see any reviews written (positive or otherwise), so not sure what happens if you follow that link (it asked for my info, to log in when I clicked on it). Using this and/or other online reviews as well as warning us here might be something to consider. If I'm thinking of buying from a company, I usually google "X company reviews". This is what I would do for gems if I wasn't on PS, so this might be a way to warn those "on the outside".

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, Crasru, I'm so sorry, that's awful! $1,100-$50 is not equal to zero!

and VL, you rock.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did not see the link. I saw the "feedback" but it still goes to them. Still no response. In his emails he told me he "ran a reputable business". I do not know what happened. He usually is prompt in responses. I think it is too large of a sum. I wonder if I should take it with someone in Colombo, too, surely there is BBB there?

Most important, the stone was horrible. I wish I took a picture. It just does not resemble what was on his website at all.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry, Crasu. I hope the vendor does the right thing.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sent them a message asking them to refund your money. Hope you get your money back.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Lisa

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He sent me an email saying he was on leave of absence and did not get my emails. He said he'd return my money in a day or two. Let us see what happens. Much as I know that it is easier to spend the money than get it back, this is the first time I had to go as far as to open a case with my bank and a retroactive case with Paypal so they can work with the bank. I shall keep you posted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope the refund process goes in your favour now that the vendor is back from vacation/work travel.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I hope you get it back! Keep us posted.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

uggg, what a terrible ordeal for you Crasru. I hope everything resolves in your favor very soon. I don't understand about being on leave on vacation, yet he can email you? which means he has access to the internet, why not just refund you :confused: a couple of clicks through paypal.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK he has refunded me. So case closed. Thank for all your support. I think what really made him pay, though, was a message Paypal sent him.

When I called Paypal, they were very nice and told me, that irregardless of the fact that the period during which I could open the case was over, they still could open a retroactive case and work with my bank. That if the bank from which account money had been withdrawn lodged a complaint, they had to work with it. Now my bank is huge and it was going to send me the letter which I had to fill out and sign. For them to address the case with Paypal.

In the meantime, Paypal sent the vendor a message advising to work with the client. When the money appeared on my account, Paypal sent me a notification saying that they got it.

Here is what I learned.

45 days: say, I order an item from Sri Lanka, or Thailand, or whatever foreign country. How long does it take you to receive your item? If it is very expensive, several days. If it is cheap, about 20 days. It took me about 20 days.

1-2 days to inspect. If you do not like it, send it back. 20 more days. Or FEDEX, which means more money. If there is a problem with the vendor, you may be out of the time during which Paypal can open the case...

So technically, if you receive a nice expensive sapphire and want to send it to AGL to prove lack of treatment, and it comes back as heated, and and you rush it back via FEDEX, you may be fine! This if it is a fast track memo. How long it takes to prove lack of Be treatment in heated sapphires I have no clue. I think if you buy heated only stone and AGL or GIA says it is Be-diffused and you send it back, you are running a risk. Because you have to return it before the vendor sends you money, right?

Also, we all know problems with shipping back... suffice it to say I was lucky this time that the stone reached the vendor and that he acknowledged receiving it.

Yet many of us want to buy it from local vendors, because the prices are more attractive.

I told Paypal that their system was not user-friendly and the guy said they received many complaints. Maybe they will extend it to 60 days...eventually.

Well, thank you all for support and more!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I am so glad to hear that you have received your refund. Was it in full or did he keep Fifty for the cost of reprinting his in-house certificate of self certification?

I have just received an email from him too! He answers my question about the 25% off sale advertised on the website.

"Hi

Discount is offered from 5% to 25% on some items not on all items that is listed on special offer page. Your friend's fund was refunded now there was a delay in refunding it is not my mistake, she didn't return its certificate. 3 days back she informed me certificate is lost.

Regards
Wadood"

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He deducted the cost of the certificate. I shall probably find it sooner or later, but it is beyond the point. I told him I'll try to find it but could not last Saturday and decided that by the time I find it, inflation will decrease my 1.1 K by a factor of two, so I'd better get back what I can get back now. So I told him, please keep these $ 50.00 and reimburse the rest. This is when he stopped answering emails. Totally. And this is when I got scared.

Yesterday he told me he could not get to the computer for two days because he was out of the office. I said, surely someone should be at the office, I also sent an email at your info address and your office email. I even called! He said they were having a national holiday. But since you are saying that you spoke to him, surely he was at the office during that time!

(Funnily, when I was packing the stone, the certificate is lying next to me. I think I know where it is... I planned to mail two packages then decided to mail them with a three-day hiatus not to attract attention... It will be funny if I find it the moment I decide to return another stone). Never mind. The money is with me, I consider paying $ 50.00 for valuable experience. I think that your email, Lisa's email and Paypal's email worked. Thank you!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good news! You must be very relieved. :appl:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Glad you got your money back!

The only thing I will say is that it is quite possible that he was away - Monday was a public holiday here in the UK and as a former colony SL still has a lot of the same ones as we do and it's very common to extend them by a few days. Also, most of the dealers I have met in Colombo run tiny one-man operations from these mini-offices that are little more than a couple of chairs, a desk and a safe so it's more than likely that there was no-one to answer emails etc. (even ones with glossy websites who look like bigger businesses!)

Not trying to excuse him or anything, just wanted to point out that here in the West we are used to seeing businesses with staff, stores and big offices etc and in many other countries this is not the case.

Btw, that is a very long postage time to/from Sri Lanka! I've always got things in a couple of days.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Glad you received your refund. :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Pandora, for explaining things... I came to the same conclusion, many dealers may run small operations, invest into new stones at certain points, what not. Yes, one does expect that the business is large and booming because we are sort of used to such businesses here... my late congratulations on the holiday, BTW. Have to google it now to find out what it was.

LG - than you so much! As usual, happy to hear from you!

Beth

Shiny_Rock

I have return going back to them this week too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results