shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting on my Caribbean-inspired paraiba custom ring with Cecile Raley Designs

voce

Ideal_Rock
You know how the shallow waters at some lakes and beaches look green, and as you look toward the horizon they turn blue?
eagle-beach-aruba-caribbean-beaches.jpg

sugar-beach-st-lucia-caribbean-beaches.jpg

08-greece-Beaches-With-the-Clearest-Water-in-the-World_550112938-Michail-Makarov-FT.jpg

Well, when I saw this green paraiba pear on sale in Yvonne's Etsy shop over the New Year, I thought of green waters.
il_794xN.972377790_pvyd.jpg

And, because I (1) love both green and blue paraiba tourmalines, and (2) didn't want to make a ring I've seen before, naturally I've got to use both in my ring, right?
il_794xN.1538518535_2p3o.jpg

Because Yvonne's paraiba melee are in such high demand, I kept buying in the months after until I thought I had accumulated enough to halo my green paraiba. Because I thought the green paraiba pear was a thinner pear, and because I had gotten the notion of a graduated halo from @ellebelle's beautiful garnet engagement ring, I told Yvonne I wanted a graduated inner halo with the blue paraiba melee and an outer non-graduated diamond halo, which will make for a rounder outline for this pear.

Here is the layout that Brandy produced. I loved it. We decided on platinum and split shank.
upload_2019-9-24_10-6-5.png
We started the production process for this ring in August, around when I received my multicolored crown ring. And this past weekend, Yvonne sent me a sneak peek from the setter's bench:

I think I'm smitten. I love the prong work, from what I see. I expect Yvonne will want to take glamour shots before she lists it, and I'm "on pins and needles" waiting to get this beauty. I know what some members here feel about pairing two "cool" colors together, but I love seeing tonal shifts in my yarn projects, and I love the particular color pairing of these paraibas. I'm afraid I've gone the unconventional, "unique" route again with my color choices instead of the classic tried and true paraiba look, but I like feeling like I left some touch on the design choices, and with a traditional outer halo this can perhaps be considered a more hybrid look.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hm, for some reason the setter's photo didn't load in first post?
unnamed.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, I can’t wait for more photos!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's absolutely stunning, voce! I really like your use of blue and green paraiba in the same piece, but I love seeing cool colors worn together :) Will look forward to seeing it on your hand.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god it's perfection! Wow, I love the blue and green together with diamonds. It's amazing and I cannot wait for more pics!

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Love the green-blue-white gradation. Can't wait for more pictures!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooooo. Pretty:love:!!!
Lokking forward to when its in your hand so we can see photos of it ON your hand!!!:cheeky:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
I can’t wait to see more pictures! It’s so gorgeous! :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I can’t wait for more photos!
Haha, I wondered if you'd like this, since you usually promote cool+warm color combinations. Guess paraibas are an exception to the rule, eh? ;)2

Wonderful ring
Thanks!

It looks like a cool drop of water suspended in a ring! Enjoy.
That's a cool thought! I am still waiting for the final listing for the ring, and the anxiety of the wait is getting to me.

That's absolutely stunning, voce! I really like your use of blue and green paraiba in the same piece, but I love seeing cool colors worn together :) Will look forward to seeing it on your hand.
Haha, I thought when I posted it that green and blue are right up Leslie's alley, and I look forward to getting this precious ring in hand! Your most recent neon emerald and aqua ring with Yvonne was seriously envy-worthy! I am consoled, however, by the knowledge that this paraiba ring will be mine soon.

Oh my god it's perfection! Wow, I love the blue and green together with diamonds. It's amazing and I cannot wait for more pics!
Yes, I am eagerly waiting for more pics too. I know Yvonne and her team are very busy, so I don't want to rush her, but I hope the final listing will be created this week and I could have it in hand sometime next week.

Love the green-blue-white gradation. Can't wait for more pictures!
Thanks SparklePolo, I was so afraid when I posted that other people wouldn't like the color gradation scheme as much as I did. Will definitely post more pictures when I have more! Right now I'm still waiting for Yvonne to pick it up from her setter, then create the listing so I can make the final payment for the project.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@ZestfullyBling @Sunshinelab yes yes, I'm as impatient for more pictures as well. At this point I'm waiting for Yvonne to pick the ring up and then create the final listing. I've already checked her shop 3-5 times to see if she has listed it. I know she's quite busy these days with all of our projects, but the anxiety from this wait is real. :oops:

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely gorgeous! Like drop dead gorgeous. I love how the colors pair together and I can’t wait to see more pics of this lovely design. :kiss2:

9111F7F6-2B79-4A19-A5FA-2188F3ADEE09.gif

Attachments

• 6F151445-2EFA-4471-8F2A-58DD31DEF7F7.gif
    6F151445-2EFA-4471-8F2A-58DD31DEF7F7.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous!!! Looking forward to admire a lot of pics once you have the ring on your hand.
I like!

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
ooooh. It looks like almost an ombre look! I love cool colors :D

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Preeetttyyyy!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @elle_71125 @Acinom @deorwine @strawrose for your compliments. I'm torn between messaging Yvonne to ask about it again and letting CRD take their time without urging. I do love seeing her glamour shots and wouldn't want to rush them into not doing this for the listing.

Yvonne and her bench definitely executed this project to perfection! I was patient when it was still in the CAD stage, but now that she's given me this sneak peek for some reason my patience is getting overtaken by the thought of "I gotta have it ASAP".

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I love the blended ocean colors--so peaceful and serene. Beautiful! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to wait for this ring to be done!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, congrats, we need handpics!!!

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
Wow!! I love the graduated halo. Gorgeous ring.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @elle_71125 @Acinom @deorwine @strawrose for your compliments. I'm torn between messaging Yvonne to ask about it again and letting CRD take their time without urging. I do love seeing her glamour shots and wouldn't want to rush them into not doing this for the listing.

Yvonne and her bench definitely executed this project to perfection! I was patient when it was still in the CAD stage, but now that she's given me this sneak peek for some reason my patience is getting overtaken by the thought of "I gotta have it ASAP".

But isn't the anticipation the best? :mrgreen2: LOVE the color gradiation and how happy it feels! When you get it, pls take lots of sunlight pics!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I wondered if you'd like this, since you usually promote cool+warm color combinations. Guess paraibas are an exception to the rule, eh? ;)2

Thanks!
Normally I do, but one can never have too many paraibas in a piece of jewelry. ;)2

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of green-blue waters and the stone colors perfectly illustrate the beach in your pics :love:

Hoping to see handshots very soon. :dance:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wheeeeeeeee, the shots from Yvonne are here. I will hopefully have the ring in my possession fairly soon. Disclaimer: the center paraiba I purchased is by no means as high-end as the one in @mission_frisson's drool-worthy piece, but despite not having that much brilliance or luster, the soft glow does still remind me of tropical waters, and I am smitten by the tropical vibe that it exudes. My pics will have to wait for after I receive it and can take good pictures, but in the meantime I'm hoping these will tide you guys over until I have my hand shots.
il_794xN.2021072580_hodp.jpg il_794xN.2068668913_6m6p.jpg il_794xN.2068668883_kscj.jpg il_794xN.2021072584_eddz.jpg il_794xN.2068669421_k6z0.jpg il_794xN.2021072534_mfwx.jpg
il_794xN.2021072868_r7s4.jpg

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Wheeeeeeeee, the shots from Yvonne are here. I will hopefully have the ring in my possession fairly soon. Disclaimer: the center paraiba I purchased is by no means as high-end as the one in @mission_frisson's drool-worthy piece, but despite not having that much brilliance or luster, the soft glow does still remind me of tropical waters, and I am smitten by the tropical vibe that it exudes. My pics will have to wait for after I receive it and can take good pictures, but in the meantime I'm hoping these will tide you guys over until I have my hand shots.
il_794xN.2021072580_hodp.jpg il_794xN.2068668913_6m6p.jpg il_794xN.2068668883_kscj.jpg il_794xN.2021072584_eddz.jpg il_794xN.2068669421_k6z0.jpg il_794xN.2021072534_mfwx.jpg
il_794xN.2021072868_r7s4.jpg

OMGGGGGGG so gorgeous!!!! Love how big & bold but still streamlined it is! The colors pair beautifully at well and it evokes the oceans so beautifully :kiss2: Can't wait until you can wear it-- please post lots of pictures then!

voce

Ideal_Rock
OMGGGGGGG so gorgeous!!!! Love how big & bold but still streamlined it is! The colors pair beautifully at well and it evokes the oceans so beautifully :kiss2: Can't wait until you can wear it-- please post lots of pictures then!
Thank you so much, I definitely will take pictures after I get it. The streamlined look, is definitely thanks to Yvonne Raley and her bench; their craftsmanship is excellent, and I couldn't have asked for more! Okay, now I wish my vacation soon was at the beach. Instead, I'll be spending it in an ice rink watching a competition, and I'll probably be sitting in my sweatpants without my jewelry.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, I definitely will take pictures after I get it. The streamlined look, is definitely thanks to Yvonne Raley and her bench; their craftsmanship is excellent, and I couldn't have asked for more! Okay, now I wish my vacation soon was at the beach. Instead, I'll be spending it in an ice rink watching a competition.

May the ring always be a reminder of warm amd sunny.days.....even at an ice rink lol. That's what I feel when I see my sapphire on shitty days lol

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring will really brighten up your day! =)2

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very pretty!
Love the mix of graduated and congruent halos.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! It looks very well executed. Pls share lots of hand shots when you get it :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results