shape
carat
color
clarity

wait...wait...wait...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been mostly lurking, as if my FF is going to post the ring when he picks it up (not likely), so I decided I might be better served by venting some of my anxiety.
After dragging my feet about whether I was ready to be engaged, once we bought the diamond and okayed the ring design, I have been going crazy waiting to have it in my hot little hands! Given that the ring is already purchased and FF and I are house-hunting together, I have am not worried about whether the proposal will happen, just when. It has been about a month since we approved the wax model. I know the jeweler said he was pretty backed up with work, and I wasn''t in any rush at the time, but now I''m getting antsy. I would even be okay just seeing the silly thing and then letting him hold onto it and propose later. Okay, maybe not. I''m at the point of just saying -- gimme!! That feels so selfish, but given the commitments we are making to each other even without the ring, I might as well just have it already. I know he really wants to make the proposal special, and I know that he is getting antsy too -- he even said he had a dream about picking up the ring from the jeweler and giving it to me. I''m just getting so anxious at this point. What if something went wrong? What if the design has some major structural flaw and the jeweler changes it without asking? What if the diamond got lost or broken? What if the jeweler''s dog ate the wax before the casting was made and they had to start over? What if I get it and its not at all what I imagined? What if the stone looks much smaller than I remember?
Good thing I have househunting, PS lurking, and shopping to distract me a bit (although I''ve cut back on the last one a lot given the financial realities of the first!) -- this is driving me crazy!
23.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know how hard it is to stay quiet and not talk to him about it, but much as you can, let him do his own thing,especially if he wants to surprise you! It will be worth it in the end and I''d say it will be coming soon

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing to say to soothe, but just be patient.

I''m having my ring custom rmade and it''s been nearly 4 months since we okayed the wax mold.
So I completely know how you feel, it gets to the point where it''s not very fun anymore and you say just gimme it!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 59px">Date: 3/23/2007 12:14:00 PM
Author: MustangFan
I have nothing to say to soothe, but just be patient.

I''m having my ring custom rmade and it''s been nearly 4 months since we okayed the wax mold.
So I completely know how you feel, it gets to the point where it''s not very fun anymore and you say just gimme it!

Four months!!!! Aaaagh. I would be going crazy by that point!
I won''t bug him about it, but it''s making me so distracted. I certainly don''t want to ruin his surprise, but I know he''s getting impatient to have it in-hand as well. I sure hope it doesn''t take four months!!!! I''m sure it will be worth the wait, MustangFan, but I can''t say I''m as patient as you are!
Sigh. I am finding myself looking for other sparklies in the interim...silver shoes...maybe a silver or wg pendant (see https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/monogram-pendant-opinions-please.59559/) ... a shiny new house (or not so shiny...houses are way more expensive than rings!).
Thanks for the support, gals. Back to my waiting....

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Poor sweetie! I have to admit...your post made me laugh.
3.gif

I have a HUGE problem because I''m an "instant gratification" kinda gal. It''s hard knowing that I''ve *finally* decided on my e-ring and now I just have to wait for it to be made, delivered and presented. Feels like foreeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeerrrrr.

Luckily, I also like surprises, so I''m refraining (so far!) from being a little monkey on my FF''s back. :)

No words of wisdom, really. Sorry.
2.gif

Just wanted you to know that you''re not alone. Hang in there!

-J

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I so know how you feel re the ring.

My FI proposed on Christmas Eve, and since then I have designed the ring, bought the stone and okayed the cad last week. I''ve seen my rock for 2 minutes on Wink TV and have a really bad screenshot of it where it was tilted and in shadow.

I have tortured myself that I didn''t look at it properly and keep having to remember how I felt when I first saw Wink put it under the camera and I thought - yes, it''s perfect! Wink keeps having to reassure me it''s gorgeous.

Then I probably don''t get so see it in person till September as I''m too scared to ship it over to the UK so will pick it up when I''m in the US. I have nightmares that it will look horrible on my hand or that the stone is half the size it really is. Arrrrggggghhhh!!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to know I''m not alone. I''m not looking for advice -- just wanted to vent, and I appreciate those of you who are commiserating!
I''m usually patient. That''s a nice way of saying I usually wait until the very last minute for everything (as evidenced by right now, when I am (ahem) doing work that should''ve been done earlier today while I was otherwise engaged (lurking obsessively over PS). This has been different. I guess it''s good preparation for buying a home, as we probably will have to wait a while between purchase and moving.
Anyway, thanks for both the sympathy and empathy....I''ll just keep waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results