shape
carat
color
clarity

W-Band turns into a BGD bracelet!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
About 2 months ago I was washing dishes with my rings on and I made the really bad mistake of hitting my left hand on the side of the sink. ;( I knew right then and there that I must have chipped a diamond in my set. I have prong set diamonds on my ering and wband and they are not sutured because I like to switch them out sometimes. Anyhow I debated what to do with my w-band because I did chip 3 out of the 5 diamonds. After seeing Frenchgirl's thread on a diamond bracelet she was making I was inspired to contact BGD and get a DBTY bracelet made (I already have a DBTY necklace that I bought from a fellow PS'er BEG- THANK YOU AGAIN!).

I contacted Leslie and she was great to work with. She was so helpful and understanding. I wanted her to take my w- band setting and melt it down to make a comfort fit band for me to wear as well. She explained that they would be happy to, however the setting would be melted down in a vat of other gold so it they made me a new one it would not be from the same metal as my wedding band, which obviously has a lot of sentimental value attached to it- so I did not go ahead with that project but I really appreciate how honest Leslie was about it.

BGD DBTY braclet in 18k white gold with .40 ctw (my 5th diamond was so badly cracked that they couldn't even try to remove it from the setting without further damage so my .50 ctw braclet turned into .40 ctw instead :tongue: )

I will take wrist shots and a whole set shot when it arrives! Thank you! :appl:

BrianGavin_Bracelet2b_110910.jpg

BrianGavin_Bracelet1b_110910.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to salvage stones. Love the bracelet.

Hmmmm, I could use your technique to acquire a few new pieces and still keep DH happy. "Well, Hun, if I didn't have to do the dishes All The Time, this wouldn't have happened, so here's how we're gonna fix it..." :devil:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful bracelet! :love:

Excellent use of your wedding band stones!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you had such a terrible thing happen to your ring, but I do love your new bracelet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I'm so sorry your ring was damaged beyond repair - but what a lovely way to resurrect the stones :love: :sun:

Wear it in good health away from the sink :))

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding band, but you made some gorgeous lemonade out of those lemons! :love: I love your new bracelet. What a great idea to recycle your ring into a new piece of jewelry.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hooooooo! So gorgeous! I'm sad for your badluck but the final result is beautiful! :appl:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding band, but what a gorgeous bracelet! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love love love the DBTY bracelet! I am actually heavily considering doing this with three .23ish ct RB myself.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear,

You have given me a great idea. I have oodles of old jewelry and loose diamonds, think I will start pulling them out and see if I can get a bracelet or necklace made. Thanks.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new bracelet is fantastic :love: I love it!!! (i want one too... :halo: )

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Good attitude - turned a bummer into a beauty! Love it! Enjoy!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I love this bracelet! So delicate and pretty! I like the idea of recycling a piece that is special to you so that all is not lost. I need tons of pics! I've been lusting for one of these bracelets and would love to see how they sit on the wrist.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear, it's stunning! What a great idea.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For reference here is my old wedding band. I'm pretty sure the one diamond that was cracked hit in the prong that holds the diamond of my e-ring. I noticed that prong is dented just slightly.

Attachments

• WeddingBand.bmp
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,166

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Matala- Thank you!! DH is wonderful about jewelry with me. He is in the military and gone a lot so I think it is his way of saying he is sorry he is not around more. Of course he doesn't have to do this at all, but he enjoys it so of course I let him!

Cachette,Luv2sparkle, Yssie and DB- Thanks! But really I have to give the credit to Frenchgirl- If I hadn't seen her thread I will probably still be wearting the band and eventually would have done more damage to it.

Amysbling- Oh I hope you do consider the DBTY more. I bought the necklace on a whim and am so happy I did. It goes with everything- you can dress it up or down. I have received so many compliments on it.

Autumngems- Oh I hope you post what you do decide to do with your diamonds! I would love to see finished results. I had some smaller melee diamonds that I sent off to Suzanne Sommersal to make a ring out of it and it turned out beautifully as well. I'm a big fan of recycling projects.

Pixies- I will take RL shots as soon as it gets here. I think they will ship it out in the next few days. I want to take RL photos of the bracelet and necklace together. I think my necklace has 7 diamonds and is a .50tcw so they will look a little bit different then my bracelet with 4 diamonds at .40 ctw.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
What a great way to make the best of something that some would consider tragic! I love your new bracelet!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
tigian|1291252742|2784681 said:
What a great way to make the best of something that some would consider tragic! I love your new bracelet!

I agree. That is sad that your wedding band was damaged but I love what you chose to do with the remaining stones. Can't wait to see wrist shots!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fantastic use of your diamonds sweetie! Its beautiful!~

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1291323253|2785408 said:
fantastic use of your diamonds sweetie! Its beautiful!~

couldn't agree more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results