shape
carat
color
clarity

VS2 or SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chigu

Rough_Rock
Hey I have a dilemma

I am getting an engagement ring in a platinum setting with two side stones (3 stone setting)

The main diamond is 1.08 carot, VG cut, SI1, F colour

Assuming the same specs, should I pay an extra 800 - 1000 to make it VS2????

I took a look at the stone, and it''s pretty much eye clean. But i''ve heard that for any stones above 1carot, try to stick to VS2 and above??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as it''s eyeclean and a great stone, do the SI1 and save the $!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I prefer VS for engagement stones but its a personal opinion. You will find 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. In the end its what you prefer.

Psoasmajorman

Rough_Rock
I agree with the previous poster. Do what you think is best for you! In my case, I was dead set on a VS2 and never considered an SI1. Yes, some would call me crazy, but it was just a big deal for me. I ended up purchasing three stones...all VS2 G color.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i come from the school of why pay for what you can''t see? if the SI1 is eyeclean, save the money.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:46:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
well, i come from the school of why pay for what you can''t see? if the SI1 is eyeclean, save the money.
I totally agree!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is eyeclean (and be sure to ask at what distance ''eyeclean'' is defined) then it''s not worth the extra money!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Not entirely sure what I think. Would you say the same about H&A, with respect to performance?

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:47:43 PM
Author: jayrenay9

I totally agree!
I agree too. I just gave my fiancee a 1.28 F, SI1. It''s totally eye clean. In fact, the diagram on the GIA cert looks very clean too, even blown up. The inclusions are in the facets, so the center is clean. Allowed me to get an F in my budget. As long as no one can tell the difference when looking at it, why pay the money (unless you have the money to spend for peace of mind).

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It depends on what''s important to you...I have a G VS2 and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why pay the extra money for the SI if it''s eye clean? Who cares if you can see inclusions under the microscope.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Rob9874, I would buy an SI1 if the center of the diamond was eye clean and save the money, but only if the center of the stone is eye clean.

Just my opinion,
Good Luck
MWG

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:50:02 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Why pay the extra money for the SI if it's eye clean? Who cares if you can see inclusions under the microscope.
I don't mind SI in melee, earrings, pendants, etc. For my e-ring center stone, I'm
19.gif
[loopy
9.gif
]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I know it''s not popular around here, but I just prefer VS1 and VS2 for my diamonds. I don''t worry about VVS, but I do like good clarity along with near colorless and excellent cut.

Chigu

Rough_Rock
I''ll definitely make sure I verify the the center is eye clean when i pick it up next friday. They''re not going to set the center stone until after I get there and have inspected it. Then they will set it, and take me to a gemologist who will do the appraisal in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results