shape
carat
color
clarity

Voce's Gemstone Ramblings...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Here to show you guys my procrastination gem art, because laying out gems is fun, just what I need to take my mind off of burdensome responsibilities. This is what I do with the melee gems I buy from CRD and others. Enjoy.
IMG_20200610_160842.jpg

That would be an incredible dragonfly pendant.

voce

Ideal_Rock
That would be an incredible dragonfly pendant.

Both are planned as rings. I think I have enough finger estate and did not make the dragonfly too large. Dragonfly pendants are a dime a dozen; I want a ring!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Both are planned as rings. I think I have enough finger estate and did not make the dragonfly too large. Dragonfly pendants are a dime a dozen; I want a ring!

Well then, ya better do it ;))
I love that the color is almost ombre contrast. You have got such an eye for color.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Looooove the dragonfly! Pink and red spinels, demantoids, and emeralds?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Looooove the dragonfly! Pink and red spinels, demantoids, and emeralds?

Yup, those gems are right.

How come everyone's talking about the dragonfly, not the butterfly? The butterfly took much longer to arrange just right.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rad_Fan @ItsMainelyYou unfortunately, not yet. Heck, I still haven't received stones I bought before that. There's some kind of hold up with USPS.

Estimated arrival time is 14-21 days from May 28.

I'm still waiting on a Mahenge spinel I bought from Multi Colour that shipped March 24. I emailed earlier this week and he said he'll inquire with Thai Post.

In the meantime, I've got my kitty ring from Daniel M to share with you.

1591506927739.png
1591506952348.png

I love your kitty ring! It’s purrrfect!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I've added to my wishlist a ~6mm round yellow diamond, preferably Fancy Vivid Yellow. Tried to search for one to see what the cost is so I can save and budget for it. However...
1594070219043.png
I guess even though yellow diamonds are readily available in melee sizes, they're not available in bigger sizes? Or do fancy colored diamond vendors just not list their stones in the PS database?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've added to my wishlist a ~6mm round yellow diamond, preferably Fancy Vivid Yellow. Tried to search for one to see what the cost is so I can save and budget for it. However...
1594070219043.png
I guess even though yellow diamonds are readily available in melee sizes, they're not available in bigger sizes? Or do fancy colored diamond vendors just not list their stones in the PS database?

I’m not sure why they aren’t listed on PS, but here’s a link to JA:
Leibish and Diamonds by Lauren should also have stones to reference for pricing.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:eek2: there was an accident. My ring got dropped and there is a chip. I hope it will not be noticeable at arm's length. Oh, how unfortunate that tanzanite is so soft. All the spinels are fine. 1594160280629.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek2: X2!
That royally sucks and it’s a deflating feeling for you I’m sure.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher actually I'm not feeling too bad at the moment because there are things I feel worse about. It's a busy week for me, and I can just not think about it. But I thought this was an avatar worthy ring, so I hope it'll still look good in pictures.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I can’t clearly see it in the picture, so hopefully it will blend and look like a facet. It’s still a very pretty ring!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. Why is tanzanite so pretty but so delicate :(

The ring still looks absolutely lovely to me <3

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher actually I'm not feeling too bad at the moment because there are things I feel worse about. It's a busy week for me, and I can just not think about it. But I thought this was an avatar worthy ring, so I hope it'll still look good in pictures.

I can't see anything on my screen. You just post a picture without circling the chipped site=)2 Waiting for your new avatar!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I just came back to say that I am really sorry this had happened to your newest and very beautiful ring. But there is nothing you can really do at this point. Maybe later you will consider resetting the stone, but only later, not now, without rush. The stone was very lucky to survive the process of setting, and then this unfortunate accident had happened. The ring is still very beautiful and unique. Really, if you don't point it out, no one will see. Hope you feel better about the accident. And I can't wait to see a gorgeous new avatar with this unique ring. :love::love::love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Musia I can't comment as I've yet to see the ring in person. The pictures were provided by my jeweller, who just today mailed off a couple of my rings. I was hoping to see my aquamarine ring with the spinel and emerald halo finished too, but not yet, I guess.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia I can't comment as I've yet to see the ring in person. The pictures were provided by my jeweller, who just today mailed off a couple of my rings. I was hoping to see my aquamarine ring with the spinel and emerald halo finished too, but not yet, I guess.

Hope the damage is not noticeable at all. Very excited for you to have this aquamarine ring soon too.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm really glad I finally received the stone from Multicolor. 2.36ct trillion Mahenge origin spinel. Shipped March 24 from Thailand and delivered July 13.
IMG_20200714_085352.jpg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really glad I finally received the stone from Multicolor. 2.36ct trillion Mahenge origin spinel. Shipped March 24 from Thailand and delivered July 13.
IMG_20200714_085352.jpg

OMG that has to be the longest shipping delay

voce

Ideal_Rock
When you photograph a warm colored ring and a cool colored ring together, neither color looks quite right. I'm quite taken with this mint green tourmaline, but somehow my phone keeps putting more blue into the picture than I see irl.

IMG_20200717_084812.jpg IMG_20200717_100718.jpg
It's really not easy to find the chip without a 10x loupe.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Went digging through my boxes of loose gems looking for something and couldn't resist taking a snapshot of these neon babies.
IMG_20200720_124610.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you photograph a warm colored ring and a cool colored ring together, neither color looks quite right. I'm quite taken with this mint green tourmaline, but somehow my phone keeps putting more blue into the picture than I see irl.

IMG_20200717_084812.jpg IMG_20200717_100718.jpg
It's really not easy to find the chip without a 10x loupe.

That’s great news that you can’t see the chip with your eyes. It looks beautiful! Your new tourmaline ring is gorgeous too!

voce

Ideal_Rock
This spinel and this ring are reminders of why I so very love Cecile Raley Designs. @deorwine the spinel we both adored is set! These are the glamour photos from Yvonne.
1596036762110.png
1596036786980.png
1596036813465.png
1596036859482.png
1596036879445.png

@T L I hope you like it, as this is another warm-cool combination that looks just right, at least in these photos. @leslie1956 this would be right up your alley, too, I think. Red, green, lavender is one of my favorite color combos, and while the Jedi spinel set by Enhoerning was set in platinum with a cool vibe, I find the warmth of the rose gold of CRD brings out a different flavor and complements the warmth in the Mahenge spinel. I'm very much looking forward to seeing her in person. With this and with the aqua ring and I'll bet a bunch of other projects, the stones look better when set than through the gel of the sticky lid gem boxes.

@TheGarnetGirl was it you who wanted a separate thread on this camellia ring?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This spinel and this ring are reminders of why I so very love Cecile Raley Designs. @deorwine the spinel we both adored is set! These are the glamour photos from Yvonne.
1596036762110.png
1596036786980.png
1596036813465.png
1596036859482.png
1596036879445.png

@T L I hope you like it, as this is another warm-cool combination that looks just right, at least in these photos. @leslie1956 this would be right up your alley, too, I think. Red, green, lavender is one of my favorite color combos, and while the Jedi spinel set by Enhoerning was set in platinum with a cool vibe, I find the warmth of the rose gold of CRD brings out a different flavor and complements the warmth in the Mahenge spinel. I'm very much looking forward to seeing her in person. With this and with the aqua ring and I'll bet a bunch of other projects, the stones look better when set than through the gel of the sticky lid gem boxes.

@TheGarnetGirl was it you who wanted a separate thread on this camellia ring?

Oh she's lovely voce!
& Yes I'd love to hear the serendipitous way she came to you!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh she's lovely voce!
& Yes I'd love to hear the serendipitous way she came to you!!!

I'll start the thread after I receive her and can take hand shots, because I know folks here will ask for those.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the eye candy! You neeeeeed to do an updated shot of your collection once you receive the new pieces!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Do this...:mrgreen2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan @Cockatiel I have a problem in that I have close to 80 rings, so I don't plan on showing all of them at once. Ever. Even the thought is giving me anxiety. It's better for me not to be overwhelmed.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
OMG this is AMAZING, I'm SO glad that this spinel is in such a lovely setting! That rose gold really sets off the stones. <33333333

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results