shape
carat
color
clarity

Voce's Gemstone Ramblings...

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really love that lavender spinel heart ring! The different colors go great together. So happy you found your Mahenge spinel!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! Now this is a project I can get behind. I’ll be eagerly waiting to see how this one turns out.

BTW, I adore your bee ring. It’s super cute.

Update! I'm excited!!!

1588011815856.png
1588011846569.png

Just got and approved this CAD :kiss2:. With this one and with my bee ring, Daniel M was super on point with creating CADs from my sketches. There's not a single thing I felt like I needed to change.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update! I'm excited!!!

1588011815856.png
1588011846569.png

Just got and approved this CAD :kiss2:. With this one and with my bee ring, Daniel M was super on point with creating CADs from my sketches. There's not a single thing I felt like I needed to change.

Squee!! :love: This one just got a chair dance from me so I'd say it's a winner. :dance: It's going to look great....and I kinda feel like I need a cat ring now.

ETA: Those little ears!!! :love::love::love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Squee!! :love: This one just got a chair dance from me so I'd say it's a winner. :dance: It's going to look great....and I kinda feel like I need a cat ring now.

ETA: Those little ears!!! :love::love::love:

I can imagine you sporting a ring like this in hot pink and green paraibas! :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous update!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update! I'm excited!!!

1588011815856.png
1588011846569.png

This is a genius design! You are very creative to have come up with this. I love how the split shank ties everything together. I can’t wait to see it!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update! I'm excited!!!

1588011815856.png
1588011846569.png

Voce, that's adorable! Of course I'm a hardcore cat lady, so what's not to love :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Voce, that's adorable! Of course I'm a hardcore cat lady, so what's not to love :)

@2Neezers @leslie1956 I love dogs too, and have on more than one occasion started to try a layout that's dog shaped, but dogs are more varied than cats in their body shape and not as round. So I've had creative success only with certain cases, where adapting a silhouette to a gemstone layout is fairly easy.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@2Neezers

This is frustrating. I emailed you 5/1/20 and again just now, and both times the message was not sent due to mail delivery subsystem error.

I am quite busy these days with work and family, and I'll just try to communicate with you through PS. I'm not sure if it's Gmail or your mail system causing the error.

The recut pear looks shorter than I remembered, so I wanted to ask if it is still a standard 9x7 size. I'd only get it if it fits a 9x7 setting. I'd probably go with a Stuller setting for that one. Too many custom settings queued up for when things open up.

As I've recently splurged on a kornerupine from Gene, and a pre-loved ring, I don't think I would be able to pay you until June if I do decide to get the chrysoberyl from you.

Thanks for your patience and following up!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers

This is frustrating. I emailed you 5/1/20 and again just now, and both times the message was not sent due to mail delivery subsystem error.

I am quite busy these days with work and family, and I'll just try to communicate with you through PS. I'm not sure if it's Gmail or your mail system causing the error.

The recut pear looks shorter than I remembered, so I wanted to ask if it is still a standard 9x7 size. I'd only get it if it fits a 9x7 setting. I'd probably go with a Stuller setting for that one. Too many custom settings queued up for when things open up.

As I've recently splurged on a kornerupine from Gene, and a pre-loved ring, I don't think I would be able to pay you until June if I do decide to get the chrysoberyl from you.

Thanks for your patience and following up!

Oh no! Sorry your emails didn’t reach me! It makes me wonder how many emails I have missed from others as well.. About the pear, I just measured it with my calipers and it’s 8.8 x 7. It does measure just slightly smaller than before. I’m going to send you an email from my aol address - please let me know if you don’t receive it.
I loooove your kornerupine :love:. I was also thinking about going for it when it sold. I’m so glad you got it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Update! I'm excited!!!

1588011815856.png
1588011846569.png

Oooh I love this!!!
I cannot wait to see the finished project!
Also can I please have some of your energy? You are so good with keeping everyone up to speed and I am always way too lazy/tired to post project updates!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love this!!!
I cannot wait to see the finished project!
Also can I please have some of your energy? You are so good with keeping everyone up to speed and I am always way too lazy/tired to post project updates!

I can't wait to see it, either. Sure? I don't know how to transfer my energy. My energy goes up and down and is just not steady.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Okay, that is going to turn out super cute. Ah-dorable.
:praise:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@voce I wanted to ask if you had recommendations for a ring box to hold multiple rings like the one you have? I think you may have posted before that you got yours on Amazon? I'm looking for a good inexpensive one. Thanks in advance!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that setting :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: @voce you have such great taste!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce I wanted to ask if you had recommendations for a ring box to hold multiple rings like the one you have? I think you may have posted before that you got yours on Amazon? I'm looking for a good inexpensive one. Thanks in advance!

This is the current one that I'm using. Holds more rings than the purple one and seems to be higher quality.

@Arcadian thank you for the compliment, I assume you're talking about the cat ring? I got word from Daniel M he received the ring from casting, so he should be setting it soon.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

This is the current one that I'm using. Holds more rings than the purple one and seems to be higher quality.

@Arcadian thank you for the compliment, I assume you're talking about the cat ring? I got word from Daniel M he received the ring from casting, so he should be setting it soon.

Thank you!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@voce omg your cat ring is beautiful!! I just saw it on DanMs etsy!

I love how unique it is!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the link to the ring box, voce! I got it a few days ago and love it :) It's more than big enough for my rings and stud earrings.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link to the ring box, voce! I got it a few days ago and love it :) It's more than big enough for my rings and stud earrings.

I see 2 different product dimensions on the amazon listing for this box. I’m looking for something to store rings in my portable fireproof safe. Would you say this box is on the smaller size? Thanks!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@scouty
The dimensions of the 54-slot box is 6.5 inches square, and a height of 2.5 inches. I would not say it's on the small side; for a ring holder that fits in a safe, I would use the first kind you had inquired about because that's not so tall.

The dimensions are in cm, but the height is under 2 inches.

Face up size, the two are about the same. The Glenor one is 2.5 in tall, vs the Ivosmart, which is 1.77 in tall. I would put the flatter one in a safe.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@scouty
The dimensions of the 54-slot box is 6.5 inches square, and a height of 2.5 inches. I would not say it's on the small side; for a ring holder that fits in a safe, I would use the first kind you had inquired about because that's not so tall.

The dimensions are in cm, but the height is under 2 inches.

Face up size, the two are about the same. The Glenor one is 2.5 in tall, vs the Ivosmart, which is 1.77 in tall. I would put the flatter one in a safe.

Thanks! I’m hesitant to order things right now that I might have to return so this helps a lot.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@voce I’m so excited to see your cat ring! What a wonderful, vibrant design!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@voce, your new ring is indeed the cat's meow ;-)

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@voce, have you received your Dan Stair cut spinel yet? Can't wait to see it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan @ItsMainelyYou unfortunately, not yet. Heck, I still haven't received stones I bought before that. There's some kind of hold up with USPS.

Estimated arrival time is 14-21 days from May 28.

I'm still waiting on a Mahenge spinel I bought from Multi Colour that shipped March 24. I emailed earlier this week and he said he'll inquire with Thai Post.

In the meantime, I've got my kitty ring from Daniel M to share with you.

1591506927739.png
1591506952348.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, *fancy sniffs and says imperiously* Kitty makes up for it because Kitty is the green queen and in the sun I see a galaxy in her belly. ;))

I can't wait to see the others!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here to show you guys my procrastination gem art, because laying out gems is fun, just what I need to take my mind off of burdensome responsibilities. This is what I do with the melee gems I buy from CRD and others. Enjoy.
IMG_20200610_160842.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results