shape
carat
color
clarity

Violet- 2.56ct Color Shifting Sapphire in a SK half moon and pear trellis

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now see to my eye that is the perfect shade of sapphire and I'm not really a blue fan. I love every single thing about this ring and love that it's a labor of love. Congrats!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story. The color of your sapphire is what I would prefer if I could own one. Congrats on making your ring dreams come true! (and thanks for sharing with us). :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring! I also have a sapphire trellis ring and I adore it. So I am a touch biased. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such a successful outcome. You sure did your due diligence in selecting the perfect fit for your project and vision. Hope you enjoy every second you wear that on your finger.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Royalstarrynight, I think your sapphire is a gorgeous color. It looks perfect to me. I think the thing that stuns me most about your story is vendors that told you what you wanted either couldn't be done or would be ugly. My goodness, you proved them wrong ( along with SK!). I agree, finding a sapphire in the right color and right price is a huge challenge. I am so glad that yo were able to find one that was perfect for you and you were willing to go through the process to get what was exactly your vision. It is truly beautiful and I hope it makes your heart sing forever!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is perfection. I'm jealous but in a good way. Wear her with pride. You dun good !!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a beauty! Good for you, not giving up, or conforming!! The trellis design is beautiful & the sapphire really pops! The shade of blue is unique & mesmerizing; I could get lost in her for days!! Congratulations on a job well done! Now, you get to basque in the glory & enjoy her every single day!! Wear her in good health!!
:love:
CRM

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing colour, and a wonderful ring, congratulations!

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Here were the CADs. I cared most about was the gallery view. Each of the five rounds had approximate 5-7 pictures sent to me. I also sent powerpoints with specific boxes and comments. The side view is what bothered me the most in addition to the transitions.

I started out by giving them multiple pictures of yssie and sbear's pictures.

Another interesting note was that I would had paid about $500 more on these side pears (albeit they were larger at 0.55ct instead of 0.59tcw between half moons and pears) than I paid for the total of the side stones selected by SK, which had more side coverage. That being said I would not trust just any vendor to find fancy shaped side stones.

I'm sure they would be very competent in many different types of setting but I would not recommend them for flowy wire work though I will admit, I probably was a little more detail oriented than some...

Round 1
1.jpg

Round 2
1.jpg
Round 3
1.jpg

Round 4- this is where I almost felt like staying with BE because I thought there was so much promise except the expenses. As we can see from the top there was smoother transition. Honestly it felt like a little bit a laziness he didn't put the effort to smooth out the transition esp since it was possible. I knew the wire work would be very messy due to the polishing.
1.jpg

Round 5- It felt like the coverage wasn't quite right from the top and I asked for a slight adjustment and came out with this monstrosity.

DIA LOK 4.jpg

At this point, I remembered that SK had said a 5 stone would be possible and he had performed something very similar for sbear. I will admit he was more expensive than BE, but in my mind I decided it was not worth getting a ring that I semi wanted vs something that really made my heart sing.

What peeved me the most was the Chris from BE kept tell me that he would be able to make me happy and that it would be very comparable to SK. I just noticed that his communication got slower and slower as we both came the realization that it would not happen.

I know there was a HUGE debate about have replicas being made by other vendors instead of going back to the original artist. Part of the argument was that the replica would not carry the original spirit of the piece and after this experience, and after this experience I have to agree. It's not my place to judge people's decisions and I don't want to start another huge fight, but I don't think it's always reasonable to expect other vendors to create another artist's/vendor's work with exactly the same expectations. I know some people have had great success but this is a risk and gamble that should be known.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning ring and the sapphire especially is a wonderful colour! :love:

Chris_BE

Rough_Rock
Trade
Good afternoon royalstarrynight,

First let me congratulate you and SK for a lovely creation and may you wear it in great health. I know Steven quite well and I am very fond of him and his craftsmanship abilities and I am also very aware that it is indeed every clients decision that if they feel or become disenchanted with the direction that the design has taken should definitely not feel hopeless or bonded in any way as this is precisely the reason that we only ask for a very small deposit.

I hope that my customer service was indeed punctual, complimentary and as informative as possible. As far as my recollection we began communicating at the end of May/2016 and began your 3 stone Pear shape project in the beginning of June/2016 in which I provided images and examples of 3 stone rings that we had fabricated previously for various clients. After receiving your stone I began searching for Pear Shapes that I felt we're nicely matched and of good value and proceeded emailing images for your consideration that we're well balanced based on your center stone. Once the pear shapes we're sorted out the CAD/process began which I again hope we're delivered in a punctual manner along with measurements and feedback thoughts from the CAD/designer and if I'm not mistaken I think that their was a thread posted by you in rocky-talk with the images of the renderings....?

Based on your requests for modifications ranging from 1 to 5 or 6 there was plenty of time lapses that did occur and again if I remember correctly their was at least 1 month radio silence as you we're either on Holiday or you needed time to gather your thoughts regarding the latest renderings to provide more power point instructions which we both have along with the 5 or 6 revisions and modifications.

You notified me at the end of January/2017 that you wanted to change direction and begin a new project with SK which is absolutely your right to do so. During the 6-8 month process I do not recollect mentioning in email or in conversation or insisting that a CAD/designed ring will be comparable to that of a Hand Forged Ring. The refinement of pulling wire prongs and the cleaning that takes place is just too refined and detail oriented. My goal was to try to make you as happy as possible and create and execute what you wanted. My apologies if you do not feel this way and wish you the very best.

Respectfully,
Chris

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chris,

It's nice to hear from you again. Thank you for laying out your perspective as I think it's important for future consumers to have a balanced perspective.

I will admit I chose BE initially because of your excellent value and responsiveness. You always e-mailed back within a week, which I deeply appreciated. I will admit the time frame was elongated due to my work schedule and albeit sometimes just from straight frustration.

I showed you two images (sbear and yssie's rings) and asked whether you could make them. I remember asking whether hand forged was a better option and you insisted it wouldn't be. Admittedly the bar was not explicitly stated as hand forged needed to be the method of manufacturing. I trusted that the vendor would chose the best option that would create the result desired. I personally don't prefer to micromanage my vendors as I think they should know how to work to their best strengths.I didn't know that CAD's finish probably wouldn't be as refined in terms of wire work until later on. I blindly trusted that you could meet the bar of those two pictures. I wish I could had been clearer upfront about the level of detail I desired, and we would both be saved from the amount of time spent on this as well as the nonrefundable monetary deposit made (completely fair btw).

I honestly felt you really tried to meet my expectations on the path we went. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible with the skill and experience of the CAD artist.

My post is not meant as a way to deter business or show hate. Now that almost a year has passed, my feelings towards BE are not negative You are a company with great value and customer service. BE has made many beautiful pieces that has delighted their customers.

We both could had been saved a lot of grief if someone else had written this post and embarked on this journey. That is my only intention. To help people be clear in their expectations and hopefully not make the same mistakes that I have in the past! After all, what's what PS is for!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
look at that.. wow.. gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I don't often drool about rings but yours is now one of my favourites!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fully support more pics. There is no such thing as picture overload, as far as I'm concerned. :twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results