shape
carat
color
clarity

"Vintagey" goodies, please help me decide!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

It's my birthday soon and I've stumbled across 3 items that I can't decide between. You all have always steered me in the right direction and I'd be grateful if you could have a quick look and tell me if these items are worth spending the money. I've fallen in love with old diamond cuts, I love their charm and that they have a history.

I don't want to mention the vendor just in case these items get pinched from under my little nose, but if you think I'm being silly or want more info then of course I'll share with you.

I've narrowed it down to 4 items. Please let me know your thoughts. I've purchased from this seller before and have been happy with my purchase. I'm in Australia and the vendor in the USA.

1. Diamond station necklace with kite diamonds.
Screenshot_20200409-190905~2.png
. Screenshot_20200409-190923~3.png Screenshot_20200409-190850~2.png Screenshot_20200409-190826~2.png Screenshot_20200409-190931~2.png

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
2. A pair of rose cut earrings.
The dimensions are not mentioned in the description but 0.50ct seems very small.

Screenshot_20200409-184432~2.png Screenshot_20200409-192716~2.png Screenshot_20200409-192721~2.png

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
3. A gorgeous pair of old mine cushion bezel earrings. In my heart I feel it's between these and the kite necklace.

Screenshot_20200409-190507~2.png Screenshot_20200409-193536.png Screenshot_20200409-193444.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the old mine cushion earrings! No question for me. I LOVE them. Elegant and charming.

Second place is the necklace.

Which would you wear and enjoy more?

Aicila

Rough_Rock
Necklace without a doubt. So unusual and can be worn everyday.

I feel like the earrings are badly matched.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Love the earrings! To me they seem fiery and beautiful. the necklace is gorgeous too! Follow your heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add a comment about the OMC earrings. They are relatively small and I do not believe a difference will be obvious at all especially when wearing them on your ears with your head in the middle lol.

Just food for thought. They are lovely and chunky and I love the setting too.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.46.05 AM.png

But the necklace is also quite lovely and as others have mentioned different. I just wonder which you would wear more and if flipping would be an issue while wearing the necklace and also how is the comfort wearing it...do they poke into your neck for example? Just a few things I would be cognizant of before making a decision. Fun choice to have though and I cannot wait to see what you decide to purchase.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them all!! I, personally, would chose the necklace as my earrings are hardly ever seen because of my long hair. The necklace is an awesome every-day piece I would wear often. Great choices!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I prefer earrings personally, so I am biased.

May I suggest reaching out to Adam at Old World Diamonds?

I have always found his pricing (and customer service) to be better than Grace's and their bench does great bezel work if you want bezels.

They will have old mines and rose cuts as well.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the mine cut studs, but the kite shaped necklace was the one that made my jaw drop. It's just wo unusual!

AJully

Rough_Rock
If you wear earrings every day, definitely the cushion earrings. If you do not, the necklace. That necklace is gorgeous.

sunshowers

Rough_Rock
My vote is for the necklace, I think it’s so special and unusual, but also incredibly wearable. I love it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the necklace! It's super unusual but also wearable every day. I think the earrings will be too small to appreciate the old cuts (since the faceting is what really sets them apart from modern stones).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I like the necklace. Its very pretty, unique and could go with either a day or evening look, so very versatile.

If you want earrings like those (and they are lovely too) you could find similar ones in the future. But I don't think you'd find that necklace again, at least not without having it custom made.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the necklace. I like unusual, one of a kind pieces (if that wasn’t obvious already, lol). It can be layered, dressed up or dressed down. It will definitely draw some attention while not being over the top.
That said I love the earrings too but they are pretty standard.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The old mine cushion bezel earrings... hands down for me!!!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I am blown away by all your responses, thank you so much!

I agree the necklace is so unusual, I've never seen it before. Is the price reasonable? Would you be happy to pay that price?
I'm in Australia and don't want to return the necklace if it can be helped.

Do kite shaped diamonds display much brilliance?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the necklace especially worn like a choker - :appl: alas i no longer have a neck for it -
they might not flip if worn tighter

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree the necklace is so unusual, I've never seen it before. Is the price reasonable? Would you be happy to pay that price?

I'm an Aussie too everything is cheaper overseas mostly the only issue is keep in mind the currency transfer rate is bad and you will pay 10 t0 15% depending upon if you get the seller to fill in the correct AUSTFA forms when you import either item into Australia.

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Love the necklace especially worn like a choker - :appl: alas i no longer have a neck for it -
they might not flip if worn tighter

I guess it's a gamble, I won't be able to tell until it's in my hot little hands.
And you always have a neck when it comes to diamonds!!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
I'm an Aussie too everything is cheaper overseas mostly the only issue is keep in mind the currency transfer rate is bad and you will pay 10 t0 15% depending upon if you get the seller to fill in the correct AUSTFA forms when you import either item into Australia.

Thank you arkieb1, I think you also helped me buy my oec from the same website last year =)2

The import tax isn't going to be fun to pay!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I love those earrings, had my eye one them for myself for a couple of months but I ended up buying from Old World Diamonds instead.

So I am partial to the earrings.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock

Given the way each kite is attached I dont see how flipping will be a big issue. If it does flip I think it would flip itself right back. I would be more concerned about the depth of each stone out the back of the bezel. Not only to determine if it might poke but if each kite will lay flat or tilted (as opposed to a full flip). The seller should be able to get pics of that though.

Step cuts are not as brilliant as other cuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results