shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Watch - I''ve won!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to Coati and Hudson Hawk who guided me through my last hours of panic last night trying to decide which watch to go for!

These were the choices:-

1. 14k white gold with small pave diamonds. Great face (love the dial and the simplicity of it). Tons of information from the seller.
2. Platinum with diamonds (48 and bigger than pave). Comes with appraisal that grades diamonds as VS1 and I in colour. Beautiful design. Would have preferred the dial from above but this one isn't shabby!

#2 made my heart sing. #1 was considerably cheaper and so was very tempting.

#1 finished 2 hours earlier than #2 on Ebay and I let it go without bidding.
6.gif
I then had to go to bed because the other auction finished at 3.30am! I placed a bid with AuctionSniper and went to bed. Strangely I've woken up really early, rushed down to the laptop and ............. I've won #2! Yeah!

So, this is what my OH is getting me for my birthday in April!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

(#1 on the left - #2 now MY watch on the right)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ps Hudson Hawk, when you mentioned that you had bought a platinum art deco watch I couldn''t help but see the similarity in description!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
That watch is awesome! Congrats!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I love it! Mine is a Hamilton as well. The Hamiltons "speak" the loudest to me. There''s just something about them. It''s beautiful Wear it in good health and post wrist shots when you get it!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just an observation, judging from our rings and watches, we have pretty similar taste in bling! And my birthday is in April too. Are you my doppelganger?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:41:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif

Yay!!

Love it LD! I think you made the best choice--the stones look really nice, and I love the style.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody!

HH - can you post a photo of your watch on here please? I''d love to see it!

Coati - sorry I couldn''t post photos last night when asking for your opinion but I was worried one/both would be snatched!!!

Now I''ve just got to insist that hubby lets me see it when it arrive - just to make sure it works and is in one piece you understand
31.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to my watch thread. There are lots of pictures there.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-valentines-day-pressie.107325/

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!! Wear it in good health!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW HH. What a gorgeous watch and the diamonds are stunning
30.gif

As a matter of interest, why do you think the diamonds are SI clarity? I''ve become a bit of a Hamilton groupie over the past week and I think the platinum range seems to have VS diamonds (G, H and I in colour) and the white gold 14k has the SI diamonds. Looking at yours, the diamonds are really lovely and I''d bet they''re VS not SI.

By the way doppel ganger (!) I''m also going to try and find a replacement cord bracelet in the grey/silver colour so I can interchange the look on mine!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The specs I have in the posting are what I was told by the seller. I also think the watch has way more than .40 tcw on it. I''m really interested in having the ring appraised for ins purposes, but also because I''m interested in it.

The silver cord came with the watch, I have no idea where I''d get a replacement. I love it though, it''s metal (not sure if it''s silver or just silver colored) as opposed to fiber.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woah, so it could be white gold?!?!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! I''ve got an antique watch inherited from my grandmother with a silver looking chain type strap (exactly the same as yours) and it was appraised as being white gold!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is BEAUTIFUL! Wow, congratulations...I love it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 4:00:34 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I just asked the seller about the ones I linked to before. They''re solid stainless steel with gold plate. However, I''m sure the original ones were gold so I guess it depends on whether your bracelet is the original or not.

Diamond*Dana - thank you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I just love it. Congrats!!!
30.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 5:30:07 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Date: 3/2/2009 4:00:34 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

I just asked the seller about the ones I linked to before. They''re solid stainless steel with gold plate. However, I''m sure the original ones were gold so I guess it depends on whether your bracelet is the original or not.

Diamond*Dana - thank you!

Yea, my bracelet isn''t original unfortunately. Gosh, if it were, my watch band would be worth than what I paid for the watch itself!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely watch, LD. I think it''s much the best design of the two. Re: polishing/cleaning the face (your other thread): if you can bear it, leave it as is - the big risk is that the enamel of the numbers is a little flaky by now, and restoring that - while possible - is a pack of money.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the new avvie LD!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 8:02:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
LOVE the new avvie LD!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thought that would make you smile!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no. 2 makes my heart sing too!!!!!
30.gif
Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results