shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Setting

redrocket

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Opinions...Which setting do you guys like better?

Natalie K:
http://www.firenzejewels.com/natalie-k-antique-style-18k-white-gold-engagement-ring-mounting-and-wedding-band-set_2542.html

Tacori:
http://www.since1910.com/engagement/tacori/tacori-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-2616-ps1204.aspx

Noticeable difference is that the Nat K has a halo. Also, you could only fit an emerald or radiant into the Nat K wheras the Tacori is more flexible with the stones. I do like the halo in the Nat K. My lady likes the vintage style w/pave.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tacori. I wish they had a profile view of the Natalie K. What shape stone are you planning? Does your GF want a
halo or are you just looking for settings that have an antique feel? Those settings are 3 sided (diamonds on 3 sides of the
shank) which can lead to problems with diamonds rubbing against metal and wearing the ring down.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the Tacori, as well!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another vote for the Tacori

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what shape center stone are you thinking about? there are a lot of vintage settings out there!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another vote for the Tacori, though if it's vintage you want and not so much the Tacori name, there are many similar setting out there that may not be as expensive.

redrocket

Rough_Rock
I'm thinking of an AVC. Any thoughts if that would look nice on the Tacori above? Or would a round look better?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually would recommend Beverly K. They have some mountings that are gorgeous and that would be a little more durable than the Tacori because it has cut outs on the sides where the crescents are. Here is a set that I personally LOVE. Plus, Good Old Gold carries BK and it is best to get the settings where you get the diamond (if you go with an AVC). (They carry Tacori, too, and there are other settings from Tacori that I would recommend.) I love AVC's that are rounded square - cushions and they can be set much like rounds.

BKset1.JPG

bkset3a.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of the above because although the Tacori you picked is stunning I just think their pricing is high unless you have your heart set on a design or piece only they make. If all you want is a high quality vintage style setting I would take a look at Beverly K.

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts.html?limit=30 Pearlmans Jewelers carries the entire line (even if the style you want isn't listed on their site they can get it in for you) and in my experience, has the best pricing on their pieces ( their pricing is better than GOG in my experience) with excellent customer service. Also Pearlmans has excess to extremely high quality stones (as good as any other vendor) and can provide images for you. But they don't list their stones on their website (well, they list a few) so you do need to call them and tell them what you are looking for and then they will let you know what they have or can get in for you. Ask for Julian.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/

redrocket

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the tips! Lots of nice settings on those sites.

I also came across this setting.... http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER7256W44JJ

Do you guys think that an AVC would look nice on the setting above?

Also, if the ring is platinum, do you think a 3 sided ring will still wear down and lead to problems?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gabriel has pretty settings, but I would not get one with diamonds on the side of the shank. You don't want it rubbing against the wedding band. I am pretty sure they have a similar one without diamonds on the side.

Here ya go, love this one! And yes, it would be gorgeous with an AVC. You'd have to see if they'd make it to fit your stone, though. I know Beverly K does but I am not sure if Gabriel just has stock sizes or not.

http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER7525W44JJ

redrocket

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328748034|3122061 said:
Gabriel has pretty settings, but I would not get one with diamonds on the side of the shank. You don't want it rubbing against the wedding band. I am pretty sure they have a similar one without diamonds on the side.

Even if the band is pretty much identical to the setting as shown in the link above?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redrocket|1328748368|3122065 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328748034|3122061 said:

Even if the band is pretty much identical to the setting as shown in the link above?

My link or your link? I am not sure what you are asking. I would not buy the setting you posted because you can't wear a wedding band with a 3 sided pave e-ring shank without doing damage to the wedding band.

redrocket

Rough_Rock
I was talking about my link...since both rings rubbing each other would be identical....but I guess that wouldn't matter as they will be damaged.

Is the tacori 2620 close to being a vintage setting?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Natalie K. I think an AVC would look great in it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redrocket|1328751391|3122088 said:
I was talking about my link...since both rings rubbing each other would be identical....but I guess that wouldn't matter as they will be damaged.

Is the tacori 2620 close to being a vintage setting?

Yes, two 3 sided pave rings should not be worn together.

I love the Tacori 2620! Yes it is vintage but will cost a LOT more than Gabriel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results