shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage: rose cut diamonds and garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just arrived in the mail. :) I bought it online for 95$. Can''t decide whether I like the rose cuts and to keep or not..arg, so indecisive! Sometimes I like it...sometimes it just seems dull (compared to my brilliant cut stones)...hmmm..

inthedarkring.jpg

betterlightingring.jpg

Thoughts?

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Personally I think it''s a very interesting piece! It looks like it has engraving in the band -- is that someone''s name?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yes, "Beulah"...lol. I guess that kind of dates the ring huh?

Arg..to keep or not to keep...hmm..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s the nature of rose cuts - very transparent and glassy. They are at the opposite spectrum of sparkle compared to the modern brilliant. I think you either love it or hate it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 9:10:48 PM
Author: Chrono
That''s the nature of rose cuts - very transparent and glassy. They are at the opposite spectrum of sparkle compared to the modern brilliant. I think you either love it or hate it.

So I read.. Except I kept waffling between loving and hating, haha..

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful piece!! I personally like the rose cuts in this ring... Their appearance goes with the whole vintage look of the ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 9:15:44 PM
Author: chiquitapet
A beautiful piece!! I personally like the rose cuts in this ring... Their appearance goes with the whole vintage look of the ring.
Me too. I''d offer to take it off MTG''s hands to spare her the agony of deciding.
27.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the design of the ring
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That''s the thing--how do you know they are not glass? Not to be a Debbie Downer--it is very pretty....

cheers--Sharon

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''d be happy to adopt it as well! hehe

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 9:53:42 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

That''s the thing--how do you know they are not glass? Not to be a Debbie Downer--it is very pretty....

cheers--Sharon

Well, it passed my at home test of scratching glass and the CZ I have (it was a gift that didn''t fit, it''s not my poor-man''s diamond tester, lol). So it''s not glass :) Diamonds are a 10 on the mohr hardness scale, cz a 8.5. So they''re somewhere in there..

I guess in theory they could be some other stone like white sapphire, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble for a 95$ ring, lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 10:06:48 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Very pretty. Love the rose cuts.

Love your user name! Hehe.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 9:57:32 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 3/18/2009 9:53:42 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Well, it passed my at home test of scratching glass and the CZ I have (it was a gift that didn''t fit, it''s not my poor-man''s diamond tester, lol). So it''s not glass :) Diamonds are a 10 on the mohr hardness scale, cz a 8.5. So they''re somewhere in there..

I guess in theory they could be some other stone like white sapphire, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble for a 95$ ring, lol.
HI:

True. But the reciprocal begs the question, why it would be only $95.......

cheers--Sharon

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As to why it might only be 95$...maybe "Beulah" has something to do with it, lol. It''s a pre-owned estate piece, and pretty light weight on the gold, and rose cut diamonds don''t have a huge market I don''t think...it''s all speculation though. But I have no reason based on inspection to suspect that the materials are fake.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, definitely a keeper!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, I took a pic of "Beulah"

beulah.JPG

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:05:58 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Just for fun, I took a pic of ''Beulah''
Wow, soooo neat!!

I think it''s a beautiful piece! The engraving is just too fun.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I think the rose cuts are really pretty. Not that I''d want them for en engagement ring or anything, but as a fun RHR for $95, I''d keep it for sure.

Add me to the list of willing takers!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
where did you find that for 95$

and it gorgeous I love it just the way it is

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. Seriously. And Beulah? AWESOME.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the input guys! You're right, Beulah's pretty unique, lol, and she's been growing on me since yesterday (she can be quite the quiet charmer), so I think she's going to stay and live with me (I'm going to have to resize her, but since when did a gal mind losing a few sizes?). Although she appreciates all the offers of adoption :)

Haha, she's the only ring I have with a name and gender...and personality..

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring. I also love rose cut stones. It''s a great look.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote the vendor about the engraving that wasn''t mentioned, and he felt bad so refunded me 20$ for the oversight in not mentioning it :) (Don''t you love when people do nice things?)
Beulah and I will be making a trip to the jewelers soon to get her sized down a bit.

Thanks for the input!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
So charming! I love that ring!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Sooo pretty, the garnet has nice color in the daylight!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I think its beautiful! But I also have a major soft spot for rose cuts...

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I personally love your new vintage ring. It is what it is, and it is GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results