shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage: rose cut diamonds and garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous. I would definitely keep it, especially for that price - what a steal!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
it''s definitely working for me, MakingTheGrade - a real keeper - and just the sort of thing i''d be interested in.

i think you got a good deal and have something special.

lucky you! :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful - I would definitely keep the rose cuts, I think they add to the character of the overall piece
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 10:29:42 AM
Author: whitby_2773

it's definitely working for me, MakingTheGrade - a real keeper - and just the sort of thing i'd be interested in.

i think you got a good deal and have something special.

lucky you! :)

Lucky me :) I actually got 20$ refund from the vendor because he felt bad about the "surprise" engraving, lol. It's so nice to deal with such gracious sellers! I really enjoy ebay, every now and then you find a real keeper. It's like a country wide yard sale at my finger tips! Just takes some caution here and there :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think for $100 I love it
9.gif
haha, seriously- pretty ring! I''ve never actually seen rose cuts in person, but I do find them pretty and interesting!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the rose cuts depend more on the facets reflecting light to be shiny rather than light return. It''s sparkly, but you don''t get nearly the same dispersion and fire you see in brilliant cuts. But it''s scintillating and charming :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a keeper, very pretty especially for 95-20!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I love vintage...it''s so pretty!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m starting to really love vintage too! My next project is going to be a "Toi et Moi" ring styled after this Victorian ring I saw:

Toi Et Moi

Except with me and the fiance''s birthstones (garnet and aquamarine). :) Hehe, if our birthdays were September and April, I''d totally just buy that one! It looks so pretty!

tioetmoi.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty! And the engraving is great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results