shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Recut & Reset

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
Earlier this year I stumbled across a ring I fell in love with on Easy, The stone was 4.53 carats, graded as SI2 and not a good cut with a lot of damage to the girdle, it was purchased in Hong Kong in the early 60's and kept in the same family until last year.

After some enquiries I decided to buy the ring without seeing it in person, within 3 days it arrived in Dubai and I was over the moon! I had her removed from the setting and re-cut and polished before being set for grading - the result left me with a 3.7, triple Ex, VS1, O colour stone.

icm_fullxfull.207550592_i7dvmeguhbsw8gkgkgo8.jpg
This was prior to the recut
106ee4a7382bc938eaea058b1eebfa4a.jpg
After the recut

I am over the moon with the results - a sort of early Christmas present!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! You lost quite a bit of weight but the results are stunning. I love your ring paired with that lovely curved 5 stone band. It looks awesome!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is one amazing transformation!!! what a gorgeous ball of fire! Happy Holidays! and wear this baby!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugly ducking to beautiful swan!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful transformation :love: Enjoy!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw her in the ‘by the Christmas tree’ posting. She’s absolutely gorgeous and I love her story. What a great decision to have her re-cut when she ends up like this!!
I would never have thought to do that..well done. Enjoy her and her companion ring, they’re marvellous.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results