shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Platinum OEC Ring Circa 1928!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
stunning! I absolutely love it - what a gorgeous stone!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
AHH ITS GORGEOUS! Just had some major pangs of jealousy.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and I love the setting!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
AMAZING!! Patience mut really be a virtue!! :love:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

chupiechow

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I actually called Brian and he said they only had one other stone, 1ct K, SII and nothing on the horizon. He said it's pretty rare to get a stone in like you got, so consider yourself lucky! I'll let you know if I ever go check them out. Enjoy your beautiful ring.

The store is called Embassy Diamond and they're located on Liberty Avenue. They have a website with limited info. I don't know what their store inventory is like -- they seem to sell mostly second hand watches (Rolex, Tag, etc.) on Ebay. I worked with Brian and he was awesome! If you do go in, I would be curious to know what their selection is like.[/quote]

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord woman, that is outstanding. The setting is to die for, really. And the diamond is sheer perfection. Congrats!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful ring! The diamond is absolutely stunning. Bet you can't take your eyes off it!! :love:
Love this piece!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kennedy if you have the ebay ad I would love to see it. It helps to see what a ring from ebay looks like in person, helps sometimes when trying to assess the potential in a ring!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gosh that is so beautiful! Great pics! :appl:

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
coatimundi|1319740833|3048860 said:
What a beautiful ring! The diamond is absolutely stunning. Bet you can't take your eyes off it!! :love:
Love this piece!

Thanks, Coati!! I'm wondering what you think about the cut -- would you say OEC or transitional?

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1319741022|3048864 said:
Kennedy if you have the ebay ad I would love to see it. It helps to see what a ring from ebay looks like in person, helps sometimes when trying to assess the potential in a ring!

Thanks for the kind words, Dreamer!

The pics in the ad were very good at showing detail, but not especially flattering. The appraiser was impressed that the seller graded the stone so conservatively. I would very highly recommend this seller. http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290615031885&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:1123

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
chupiechow|1319734780|3048787 said:
Thanks, I actually called Brian and he said they only had one other stone, 1ct K, SII and nothing on the horizon. He said it's pretty rare to get a stone in like you got, so consider yourself lucky! I'll let you know if I ever go check them out. Enjoy your beautiful ring.

The store is called Embassy Diamond and they're located on Liberty Avenue. They have a website with limited info. I don't know what their store inventory is like -- they seem to sell mostly second hand watches (Rolex, Tag, etc.) on Ebay. I worked with Brian and he was awesome! If you do go in, I would be curious to know what their selection is like.
[/quote]

I'm glad you called. I wouldn't hesitate to work with Brian again if he had something I liked. Was the 1 ct stone he had an OEC? Are you in the market for something in particular?

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
A huge thank you to everyone who has commented! Makes me feel really good you all like this ring :)

chupiechow

Rough_Rock
kennedy|1319765651|3049083 said:
chupiechow|1319734780|3048787 said:

The store is called Embassy Diamond and they're located on Liberty Avenue. They have a website with limited info. I don't know what their store inventory is like -- they seem to sell mostly second hand watches (Rolex, Tag, etc.) on Ebay. I worked with Brian and he was awesome! If you do go in, I would be curious to know what their selection is like.

I'm glad you called. I wouldn't hesitate to work with Brian again if he had something I liked. Was the 1 ct stone he had an OEC? Are you in the market for something in particular?[/quote]

Yes, I beleive he said it was an OEC, but he didn't sound like he thought it was a great stone! Plus I am wanting something larger!! I have been looking in the 2-3ct range. Problem is I am such a novice when it comes to diamonds. I know I don't want any lower than a K so that makes it even harder. But Brian said I can check back in with him regularly, so thanks for the info!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
I am late to the party here - wow - what a stunning ring!!

congratulations - that is truly an amazing find

:love: :love: :love:

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, kennedy, on such a spectacular ring! Really and truly, the stone and setting are both so so gorgeous.

Wear it in the best of health!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's fabulous!! :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kennedy it's so perfect in every way! It's just what you wanted and that setting is TO DIE FOR!

Wear it in good health and much happiness!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the chunky facets of your OEC!! Congrats and Enjoy!!! :love: :appl:

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
jjc -- Thanks for the kind words! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE your amazing stone!! By the way, I'm curious to know if Ari called your stone an OEC or a transitional. I'm still trying to figure out what mine is and see some similarities between the two.

Tuckins -- Thanks!

Gypsy -- Thank you so much! I so appreciated all your help on my other thread and I'm so excited to see your OEC once it's back from the spa and set! Such fun to have something so exciting to look forward to!

Zestfully Bling -- Thanks! I love the faceting as well!

Got a few more pics to share. They're a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying photographing this stone :)

oecfaceting3.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is SPECTACULAR. The setting is so gracefully elegant, and that stone... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Enjoy it!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
That ring is to die for! :lickout:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kennedy, can you get a picture of your whole hand so we can get an idea of how looks from a little further away?

love the new pics and that stone..wow :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That.

Is.

AMAZING!

When people talk about old workmanship, and how they just don't make them like they used to, that is what they mean - quality and design wise, that is up there with anything I've seen come out of Van Craeynest. And the stone is mesmerizing! Congratulations on finding "the one." :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results