shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Opal Earrings - opinions?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all - I saw these opal earrings the other day in a store that sells some modern, some vintage designs. I passed because I thought they were too expensive ($1995.00) but now I can't get them out of my head! What do you think? Thanks!
IMG_0988.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. They look heavy. Did you try them on your ears?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. They look heavy. Did you try them on your ears?

No! I didn't think to do that! Maybe I should just visit again, because it would be a deal killer if they were too heavy. Thanks, missy!!

The tag says they are from my birth year (1965) and 14kt gold, opals and diamond, but that is only other info.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! I didn't think to do that! Maybe I should just visit again, because it would be a deal killer if they were too heavy. Thanks, missy!!

The tag says they are from my birth year (1965) and 14kt gold, opals and diamond, but that is only other info.

My birth year too! A very good year indeed. :appl:
Yes heavy earrings are a deal killer for me. I cannot tolerate anything above 2.5 grams per ear and prefer under 2 grams per ear if possible.

I think the price is OK. Not great but not crazy. I however am not an opal expert re pricing so hoping others (the CS experts) will chime in...those opals are pretty but they are not super expensive in just looking at their colors. I don't see a lot of red which makes it more valuable. But they are very pretty stones. Do you know their origin?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with Missy that you should try them on to see how heavy they are and if they sit nicely on your ears. They are very pretty and unique. I think the price is a little high. If you decide to buy offer 10-20% less and see how they respond.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom tried these on at one of the antique jewelry shows a few years back and OMG they were gorgeous. IIRC the price was outrageous. But I do not remember details.

opaldanglesonmymom.jpg

opaldanglesonmom.jpg

They were lightweight and IRL gorgeous.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both - I am going to go check them out again and will let you know.

missy, I don't know the origin but I am going to ask!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like them and the price is not outrageous. Hopefully you can deal. I agree though, you need to feel how heavy they are in your ears. Did you go back yet?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I really like them and the price is not outrageous. Hopefully you can deal. I agree though, you need to feel how heavy they are in your ears. Did you go back yet?

Not yet! Sadly I haven't had another "free" couple hours. Probably after the long weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results