carat
color
clarity

Vintage Marquise Reset Round #2!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
The reset for this stone is amazing. :love:
Family stones can be awesome.
Looking forward to more pics...can't get enough of this ring.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks golden in the lunch shot!

I am guessing that the new setting is much easier to stack - the narrow band disappears.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone looks golden in the lunch shot!

I am guessing that the new setting is much easier to stack - the narrow band disappears.

I do feel like the color is different, I’m wondering if he changed suppliers for his gold and yes! I can stack now lol

B2E46DB5-EF68-4314-82A2-9C6F3730380D.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do feel like the color is different, I’m wondering if he changed suppliers for his gold

If the angle of the inner surface of the gold backing against the pavilion has changed, it would be enough to slightly change the colour (this kind of difference, it must appear from comparing the old & new CADs). The polish would contribute much, I think, then, the colour of gold too... I doubt they are making so many gold backed settings for yellow diamonds to control such minute details.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love my ring even in this horrible office lighting

225DA6EF-02C4-4512-81C7-9A47F57B1250.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the most amazingly beautiful ring! The attention to detail is superb, and the design is fantastic. What a show-stopper!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this?! Its incredible! I truly didn't think it could be improved upon, but I was oh so wrong!

Your ring is the best example of why a good setting can make such a difference!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I cant see any big changes, is it just to stack them together?
I much prefer the 1st reset (when I last saw it, I AM IN LOVE), this new reset (not sure if it is the lighting), it looks much less yellower... Regardless.... YOU, YOUR RING, make me love a MARQUISE now... May I know your Marquise Ratio? ;)2;)2

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! I cant see any big changes, is it just to stack them together?
I much prefer the 1st reset (when I last saw it, I AM IN LOVE), this new reset (not sure if it is the lighting), it looks much less yellower... Regardless.... YOU, YOUR RING, make me love a MARQUISE now... May I know your Marquise Ratio? ;)2;)2

There were a few issues with the first setting, the major one was the height because it was set very low and this caused my wedding bands to eat away at the gold cup. Then it was the width of the ring on my short finger it was just too wide and thick giving it a more square/structural feel, and lastly I wanted the side traps to have more of a presence so they were brought more up and out instead of tucked behind the main stone.

You are correct about the color, having the setting raised affected the color and now it has been very consistent with a lighter yellow hue. Before it was kind of a chameleon going from light yellow to sometimes orangy, the marquise also has more brilliance (even if it's dirty) it just throws off more white flashes then before and looks like a different stone. The ratio is 16.24x10.16x4.45; I believe my aunt inlaw said the stone was 7cts before a tip was broken and had to be recut

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this?! Its incredible! I truly didn't think it could be improved upon, but I was oh so wrong!

Your ring is the best example of why a good setting can make such a difference!

Thank you! I absolutely love this setting, I feel like it is perfect now

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could stop traffic with that ring!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
There were a few issues with the first setting, the major one was the height because it was set very low and this caused my wedding bands to eat away at the gold cup. Then it was the width of the ring on my short finger it was just too wide and thick giving it a more square/structural feel, and lastly I wanted the side traps to have more of a presence so they were brought more up and out instead of tucked behind the main stone.

You are correct about the color, having the setting raised affected the color and now it has been very consistent with a lighter yellow hue. Before it was kind of a chameleon going from light yellow to sometimes orangy, the marquise also has more brilliance (even if it's dirty) it just throws off more white flashes then before and looks like a different stone. The ratio is 16.24x10.16x4.45; I believe my aunt inlaw said the stone was 7cts before a tip was broken and had to be recut

Your Marquise has great great great dimension!! Literally being the carat weight and that depth... And still look so sparkly!! :mrgreen2: ENVY!!! The setting definitely plays a part. Great one... So happy you fixed the problems and the new ring sit nicely on your finger now. ;)2

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results