shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Jazz Age Inspired Rope

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If you aren't happy with the earrings, I'd say this is the time to exchange them. I know even "freshadama" doesn't mean "perfect," so if the divot was towards the back and not seen when wearing, I may not bother, if it was me. But if it shows or just bugs you, why not get a different pair. :)

P.S. I can't wait to see the pics!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
naria -- totally understand that you want to get acquainted with your necklace and will wait patiently for photos.

As for the earrings -- if you are unhappy I would say definitely return or exchange them. Why keep something that doesn't satisfy you and has a flaw you are unhappy with?

naria

Shiny_Rock
I've loved most of my freshadama purchases to date. The earrings are growing on me. The flaw is not way in the back but it is definitely past the front half of the earring. Pearls are natural and of course will never be perfect, but one gets used to seeing a lot of pretty perfect pearls when buying freshadama that it was a bit of a surprise. I'll sleep on it. Has anyone else noticed that lavender pearls have a little bit of brownish cast to them color-wise, especially when they are a deeper color?

Anyways, I've been spending my evening playing with the rope and think I have some ideas about how best to show it off. I will have to recruit a friend though to help me take some modeling shots.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely see brown -- and silver, and pink -- in my triple strand of lavenders! It depends on lighting and what I'm wearing. When I wore a brown shirt with them recently, a woman insisted the pearls were brown! I had to put a white piece of paper under the necklace and then she exclaimed that they were indeed lavender.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think I'd return the earrings. That doesn't sound right for freshadama to me.

I have found that "lavender" covers a lot of different shades. I bought some that were brownish/coppery and returned them because I didn't care for it. I have others that look more silver, and some that lean more toward pinkish.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your new rope! I'm surprised it didn't cost more for the custom work.

Since this was inspired by a movie, I just have to ask this.
Does anyone else notice in movies where they use a pearl necklace breaking and the pearls scattering all over the floor to make a dramatic scene? This happened in The Great Gatsby and I was irritated! Her pearls would have been knotted!
They used the same trick in "Oz The Great and Powerful" when Mila Kunis turns from a good witch into the wicked witch. I noticed immediately - she was wearing one pearl necklace in the beginning of the movie, then in this one scene it was a different necklace (which I irritatingly pointed out to my husband as he was trying to actually watch the movie) That is when she grabbed the "stunt" necklace from her throat and the pearls flew all over.

haha.. sorry, I just had to ask if anyone else is bugged by that.

edit to add: I would probably ask for an earring exchange fwiw.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naria, your rope is fabulous! I've really enjoyed the pictures and I'm amazed how affordable this project is.
As for the lavender earrings, I also have a pair that have a lot of brown in them. I almost sent them back but then when I tried them on with a purple top, they really came to life and I decided to keep them. Amazing how pearls can look dull with one outfit, but put something else on and they're mesmerizing.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
naria -- nudge, nudge... photos of you wearing your rope, please.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Stunning and beautiful pearls ! Odd length is fun and glamorous ! Thanks for sharing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1369169207|3451360 said:
misskittykat -- I agree! I was especially unimpressed with the tassel seen "live". It looked clunky -- not delicate the way I envisioned from the pictures.

+3. Very underwhelmed. IMHO, the pieces I saw were lacking in quality "I expect" from Tiffany, and I was thereby relieved of any guilty in not purchasing anything from the collection. Custom is definately the way to go!

cheers--Sharon

naria

Shiny_Rock
These photos were taken with an iphone in unideal lighting conditions. Take them with a grain of salt please. The pictures completely mask the luster of the pearls IRL.

photo_1_28.jpg

photo_3_24.jpg

photo_8_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
naria -- big smile on THIS face! I was wondering when we'd see shots of you wearing it! Thanks for showing us three different styles. How do you close the second style in the back? I'm not quite getting the "torsade" thing -- especially how the closure would look exposed in the back since I have short hair and wear collar-less dresses. Wouldn't it be a mess back there...?

naria

Shiny_Rock
To close a torsade, you can use a specialty pearl clip. However, I just tied it with a bit of velvet ribbon.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Naria that necklace is beautiful. Love how you have styled it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naria, rope looks great on you. Love the different ways you styled it. Thanks for the pics. How does it feel on? Is it heavy?

Little bit of threadjack. So when is PP going to do the tassels? I see it on the model in their June special but they're not listed in specials.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Your necklace looks lovely :appl:

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It was so great to find this thread! My fiancee saw the pearls at Tiffany a few weeks ago and she loved them! I immediately thought of getting a repro made from PP for her birthday... turns out someone already did! It looks beautiful!

I will probably stick with the original Tiff design (just 2 sizes of pearl, 5 and 8mm), and drop to 54" in length. My original thought was Freshadamas but they don't seem to have them in a 5mm size, so idk if it would be weird to have just the larger pearls be Freshadama... I'll ask when I contact them.

Anyway, this thread was a great find as I was researching this project. The strand looks gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results