shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Inspired Eternity Band help/advice

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
For our anniversary/my pushing gift I’ve been given the green light by my DH to dive into my eternity band project.

So this is me diving - I want to create something similar to asscher_girl ‘s Art Deco eternity band, see thread here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-art-deco-diamond-eternity-that-i-couldnt-pass-up-again.133572/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-art-deco-diamond-eternity-that-i-couldnt-pass-up-again.133572/[/URL]

Mine would be considered three quarter, as I want to leave a little space solid metal for engraving/resizing if ever needed.

18-20 stones, around 0.10 carat each, totaling around 2ct total or just under. I’ve been toying with the idea of doing this with European Cut round diamonds, but the only source I know of for these is Good Old Gold AVR, at around 0.10 I’m looking at around $200 a pop Does anyone know what the cost would be for equivalent in just round brilliant cuts?

Are there any other sources for newer European Cut round stones that are of a higher quality (similar to AVR) in the smaller sizes? I’ve read on a thread way back that not a lot of the smaller ones come up with GOG so it may take some time to accumulate the qty/size needed. I went through ERD for my Emerald Cut engagement ring and it was a great experience, does anyone know if they deal in newly cut European?

Question – would collecting the stones slowly cause any issue? My engagement ring is a solitary so there wasn’t a lot to do besides selecting the stone; this is a whole different ball game for me.

Advice, thoughts, and anything else is most welcome. This is my first post on the project, need posters wisdom of where to go from here.

Asscher_girl's band:
band_1.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
No clue volvoqueen but its gonna be gorgous....I'll look

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big is your finger? Because I don't think that setting will have 18-20 ten point stones in a 3/4 ring. I am pretty sure 20-21 would make a full eternity on me with no spacing between the stones because I have a shared prong 7 stone band with ten pointers.

Somebody else is having a ring like that made now, too, but she is using some really large stones from another ring. You might want to see how hers turns out since it might let you know how her vendor makes it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1368571991|3447015 said:
How big is your finger? Because I don't think that setting will have 18-20 ten point stones in a 3/4 ring. I am pretty sure 20-21 would make a full eternity on me with no spacing between the stones because I have a shared prong 7 stone band with ten pointers.

Somebody else is having a ring like that made now, too, but she is using some really large stones from another ring. You might want to see how hers turns out since it might let you know how her vendor makes it.

hey Volvoqueen! Love your user name but then again I love Volvo's too :bigsmile:

I'm doing a very similar eternity except mine will follow a hexagon shape and my diamonds are closer to .25-.30cts each. I'm right now working out all the finer details with Jewels By Erica Grace who I decided to use as a vendor for this project. Because of the art deco feel as well as being on a bit of a budget I went with them, but got quotes from VC, SK, SS and ERD (who NEVER respond to me and this was at least my 8th or 9th request for a project quote-(MARK if you are reading this I would love to know why you have a website Contact Us button if you never reply back....sorry tantrum over).

Honestly it might be cheaper and easy to just troll all the estate websites and see if you can find something similar. These eternitys are gaining in popularity and they pop up often enough. You just have to find it in the correct size. If you have a larger budget then I would have one vendor source all the diamonds for you and do a custom project. This will insure they all match and look good together. I would not buy the diamonds seperately as that can be a pain to match. However, another option might be to troll ebay and buy a used OEC eternity and then just revamp the setting (similar to what I'm doing).

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
In the winter I wear a 7.5 in the summer it gets snug, I could probably go to an 8. Now with being pregnant I'm not wearing a ring, but I'd be looking for this ring to be somewhere between 7.5 and 8.

It may be that it would only turn out to be 15 stones at 10 points a pop, this is the early stages....The other person you mentioned who is doing something similar, do you have a link to their thread? I've to have a read, thanks!

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
RE: Sarahbear621

My first couple of cars were Volvo's, I'd joking refer to my self as the queen of them, when friends had Volvos that had minor issues I always new the tricks to get them working again.

Your ring sounds fabulous, I love the hex design, Asscher_girl's is pretty boxy, but the edges are clipped to give you somewhat of a hex feel. I've got an emerald cut for my engagement ring so would like to have the feel/flow continue with the band I end of getting.

When you went shopping for quotes, did you find they varied much, or was there a large range? I went with Leon Mege for my engagement solitaire, its beautiful, but don't know if I could afford him for this project or if the price/value pay off would be there, that maybe there is someone else who would be a better fit that would not have a premium associated with their name. When I was shopping for my setting a couple of years ago now he was the darling of PS and was the 'it' jeweler. I've learned some, but feel I have good ways to go and that there are other options out there that need to be explored

I didn't have an issue working with ERD, but my contact was Dan, he was the Emerald Cut guy at ERD, never had direct dealings with Mark....

I'm keeping my eyes out for something to pop up in the estate/resale market, I'm going to continue to research as many threads as possible, stocking other peoples projects, if I don't find something after a bit I'll have to get serious about nominating a jeweler.

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
RE: IE_Princess

That tennis bracelet is very beautiful, it hurts me to think of cannibalizing something that nice, but I do see your point. I'd worry about wanting to keep the extra stones for another project, I'm a pack rat like that.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a size 8, 23 .10 RB.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Volvoqueen|1368659332|3447696 said:
RE: IE_Princess

That tennis bracelet is very beautiful, it hurts me to think of cannibalizing something that nice, but I do see your point. I'd worry about wanting to keep the extra stones for another project, I'm a pack rat like that.

Somewhere out there there might be one with a few missing stones, making it an ideal candidate for repurposing.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Volvoqueen|1368658728|3447688 said:
RE: Sarahbear621

My first couple of cars were Volvo's, I'd joking refer to my self as the queen of them, when friends had Volvos that had minor issues I always new the tricks to get them working again.

Your ring sounds fabulous, I love the hex design, Asscher_girl's is pretty boxy, but the edges are clipped to give you somewhat of a hex feel. I've got an emerald cut for my engagement ring so would like to have the feel/flow continue with the band I end of getting.

When you went shopping for quotes, did you find they varied much, or was there a large range? I went with Leon Mege for my engagement solitaire, its beautiful, but don't know if I could afford him for this project or if the price/value pay off would be there, that maybe there is someone else who would be a better fit that would not have a premium associated with their name. When I was shopping for my setting a couple of years ago now he was the darling of PS and was the 'it' jeweler. I've learned some, but feel I have good ways to go and that there are other options out there that need to be explored

I didn't have an issue working with ERD, but my contact was Dan, he was the Emerald Cut guy at ERD, never had direct dealings with Mark....

I'm keeping my eyes out for something to pop up in the estate/resale market, I'm going to continue to research as many threads as possible, stocking other peoples projects, if I don't find something after a bit I'll have to get serious about nominating a jeweler.

Yes there was a large range with some vendors flat out not accepting the project (totally understandable as some dont' take projects below a certain $$ amount or something like an eternity reset). The range was from just under 1k- 3.5k. That is with 2 vendors turning it down and of course ERD not responding at all :rolleyes: I ended up going with JbEG because I think Erica and Grace have a good idea for vintage pieces and Grace understood right away what I wanted done.

I woudl contact them to see if they can get matching OEC's for you even if you don't do your ring through them. There is no harm in asking and always getting quotes.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
hey VQ!
If you want to contact me off line I came across a very similar eternity in a size 8.25 with OEC's for you if you are intersted. I personally think the band is priced pretty well. I think it is close to your inspiration piece but without the clipped corners. I would think that a jeweler coul use the exisiting metal from the band and remake your inspiration piece without too much problem. I just dont' want to direct link in case someone is a lurkin'!

You can contact me through LT I have listening by the same name.

Sarah

SB621

Ideal_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results