shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Art Deco Diamond Eternity that I couldn''t pass up again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS''ers!

I''ve been meaning to post these pics but I first had to figure out my new camera I got for Christmas. There is a bit of a story that I have to tell first about this ring though.

A little over a year ago (Nov 08) I was on the hunt for a vintage diamond and platinum eternity band for a RHR. I came across a beautiful band on Ebay (Dover Jewelers) and fell in love. However, it was more than I wanted to spend and it was a size 7 (I''m a 6.5 on my RH). So I passed on it and was bummed. Well a few weeks later I found out that our own NeatFreak bought that exact same ring on ebay! I had met NF about a year prior to that at an SF GTG (before she was living in CA) and thought she was just a doll. So even though I didn''t get the chance to buy it, I was happy NF was the lucky winner of that gorgeous band. And as my luck would have it NF moved to CA (about 45 minutes from me) and I got too see the ring in person finally! And wow was it amazing.

So anyway, after I passed on the Dover beauty, I ended up finding another Art Deco diamond and plat band on Ebay in my size and price range, so I picked that up instead.

Well, about a month ago I was browsing online (Diamond Bistro) and happened to find a posting for a ring that looked WAY to similar to NF''s beauty. So I emailed her right away to ask if she was selling it. And low and behold, she was! I couldn''t believe it! And of course, I seriously couldn''t pass this ring up again so I talked to my DH and the sweet man that he is said I could have it for Christmas (although it was a tough sale because he really hates it when gifts are not surprises). So I gave him NF''s contact info and he did the rest, of course I never saw or heard another thing about the ring until Christmas morning, when it was sitting under the tree.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really couldn''t believe I found this ring again and I am soooooooo happy to finally have it (and of course living close to NF, she can visit it too)
1.gif

And yes it''s a little bit big for me but I do have big nuckles and I wear my tighter Art Deco band in front of it, so it''s really not a big deal.

Here are some pics for you guys....

dover glamor shot.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is by itself

dover band alone 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s how I wear it daily

handshot with other AD band 2.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that was huge! I shrunk it sooooo much on photoshop too, I can''t believe it still came out that big.

Last one

with other AD band 3.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the specs:

Platinum 2.8 grams
20 Single cut diamonds - 1.20 cts
H-I color
VS clarity
approx width 2.5mm

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
They look like they were made to go together!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous on you!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m so jealous! I have wanted a ring like that ever since I saw it in NF''s posting..that''s so cool how it came back to you, I guess it is really meant to be yours
3.gif
Congrats! It''s really a gorgeous ring!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it when things like this happen! Its like that ring was meant for you. Enjoy wearing that beauty!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks so gorgeous on you AG!!! I miss it but it couldn''t have gone to a better home. It''s really fabulous with your other band too!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely! I love the look of art deco pieces.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story! I am so glad that you have your ring! It''s a beauty.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s the prettiest deco ring I''ve ever seen!! What a wonderful story too. As you wear it I hope you continue to love it!!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow, AG, that is one of the most beautiful eternity bands I''ve seen! I hope bgray sees this thread...isn''t this the kind of band she''s thinking of having made?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new band to go with your gorgeous old band. Both are beautiful!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the loveliest eternity bands I''ve ever seen. Beautiful.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the story behind your ring--how awesome! It was definitely meant to be, it looks great on your hand! :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is a gorgeous ring, lucky lady!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh they look like a set!!

This is such a cool story
9.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!! It looks great with your other band too.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
these is my dream band! are the stones held in by prongs?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks EHR, lknvrb4, Skippy, Hest!

Thanks Bella, I think it was meant to be too
1.gif

Thank you Maisie!

Hey NF, thank you
9.gif
I''m soooo in love with it! You can visit with it very soon though
2.gif
I''m so happy it worked out, and it''s all thanks to you!!!

Thanks you PinkAsscher, MC, Charmy!

Wow thanks Uppy
1.gif
I think so too! And I know I will get many, many years of love out of it!

Awww, thanks Lurchie

Thank you tigian, gleam, burberrygirl, diamond dana, dreamerD, yssie, Addy!

Hi Bgray, yes each diamond has 4 double prongs. Each double prong is sooooo super tiny. If you need any others pics to help you create your dream band, just let me know.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Sweet story and BEAUTIFUL ring. Congrats!
36.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Your band is absolutely beautiful - the diamonds look very fiery. Such a neat story, too. I''m glad the band made its way to you
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is just gorgeous! It sounds like it was meant to be!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a great story!! I love when jewelry has a past. Both your rings are beauties. The newest one is so pretty and your hubby was a real sweetie to get it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results