shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage 5 stone band

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
DS, that is exquisite! NICE find! YAY for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, stargurll!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1323494421|3078343 said:
DS, that is exquisite! NICE find! YAY for you!

Alj is BACK!!!! :appl: YAY!!!! (and thank you!!!!)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful! What a great find --- but you are pretty good at finding gorgeous items!

And how lucky it fit perfectly :D

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
LittleRiver said:
What a great find! I love the profile. :love:

That hand shot is very useful. It looks like the stones fully cover the top of your finger -- do you find that is the case, or do you notice metal peeking out on the sides? I ask because I have the same size finger (well, my e-ring is sized at 5.75 to get over the knuckle) and I am thinking about a 1.0 tcw five-stone. I would not want to go much bigger because I think stones larger than 20 points would be out of proportion to my e-ring (1.06 ct), although I would not wear the rings on the same hand. So I am interested to hear about your experience with this ring!

Sorry I was in a hurry and didn't answer you earlier! It was interesting because I did not know what size 5 stone band I needed. I felt like it was worth it to order this one just to see how a 1 ct. worked! The 1 ct. exactly covers the top of my finger. I was looking at AVR's at .25 each and I now think that would slightly wrap around the finger more. This one is perfect because of the way the setting is, and I am happy with it even if I never get another one. I think a 1 ct. would be perfect for you!

Ahh thank you diamondseeker! Very helpful info!

That is exciting news about the Vatche! So are you thinking of trading for a smaller RB or for an AVR?!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: What a great find!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great find! Looks beautiful on your hand!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks lknvrb, Enerchi, packrat, Amy, and alene!

LittleRiver....I am not 100% sure yet. There isn't an AVR with the specs I want at the moment and they don't know when any more will be coming. If I stick with a regular ideal cut, I just want a 1.5 ct. stone which will be relatively easy to get. I'm just not rushing because I have to get this right this time including setting! At least if it takes a few weeks, I can wear this new band and not feel like I have a bare finger! That's why the timing was so good at finding it!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, what a great find, it"s a beauty. You can always get another 5 stone later, a girl can't have too many rings can she?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, that is INCREDIBLE, it seriously took my breath away looking at your pictures!!! awww huge hugs friend and it looks fabulous on your lovely hand! :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brightice...yes! That is my philosophy! My excuse is that I have two girls so it can't hurt to have two of everything! :lol:

Skippy..thank you!!! and {{{hugs}}} back!!! :))

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
:appl: gorgeous band, DS! lucky you with two girls. i have two boys and i have no idea whom i'm going to leave my stuff with. (i joke that the son who gives us our first grandchild will get my prime stuff. :cheeky: )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirering|1323557593|3078764 said:
:appl: gorgeous band, DS! lucky you with two girls. i have two boys and i have no idea whom i'm going to leave my stuff with. (i joke that the son who gives us our first grandchild will get my prime stuff. :cheeky: )

Thanks sr! Our older daughter just had her first baby 3 weeks ago and it was a GIRL! So I really have 3 girls now! But you are right, just wait for grandaughters! I really don't want to give my stuff away yet anyway! :lol:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's an absolutely gorgeous ring! It looks like way more than 1 ct total weight - but I always find it hard to judge with 5-stone bands, because there's so much bling it just blinds me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person! :naughty:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the handshot on you - it's really gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all are so sweet! Thanks!!!

distracts...I know, it looks like more than a carat to me, too, but I didn't think to ask the local jeweler to measure the stones for me. I'm really happy with the size, though!

Tacori..hey! :wavey: We definitely need a get-together soon in the new year!

violet...new bling takes the focus off the old hands...that's my plan, anyway! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's gorgeous!!! I agree that it looks larger than one carat, it looks so substantial on your hand! So bright and such a beautiful sparkle to the stones - congrats on a wonderful find!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks great and glad to hear that you got a great deal. I'm currently waiting for mine to come in the mail.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love seeing more pictures DS. I'm glad you decided to keep it, even though I tried to talk you out of it at first :-o ;)) It looks wonderful on you and really is the perfect size!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find, DS! :love: :appl: You've done really well with these great antique pieces recently.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, DS! You have one of my favorite collections of gorgeous pieces. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eh613c|1323586709|3079053 said:
Your ring looks great and glad to hear that you got a great deal. I'm currently waiting for mine to come in the mail.

Thanks! Can't wait to see yours!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1323582046|3079044 said:
Oh, that's gorgeous!!! I agree that it looks larger than one carat, it looks so substantial on your hand! So bright and such a beautiful sparkle to the stones - congrats on a wonderful find!

Thanks so much, junebug! I am a terrible diamond photographer and do wish I knew how to capture sparkle better!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1323610041|3079122 said:
Love seeing more pictures DS. I'm glad you decided to keep it, even though I tried to talk you out of it at first :-o ;)) It looks wonderful on you and really is the perfect size!!

You did exactly the right thing! You know how picky I am and I have to very carefully consider anything that is not H&A and VS1! :bigsmile: I felt better after going to the jeweler here. He could have talked bad about it to get me to buy from him, and it meant a lot to me that he didn't do that and really thought it was a good ring. It won't kill me that it has a couple of SI1 stones, especially since they look 100% eye clean! If I ever have the opportunity to get a "perfect" 5 stone ring, then I'll just pass this along to daughter #1! I do love this setting more than any of the settings the usual PS vendors have in stock, and I imagine a Victor platinum setting would cost a lot more than this whole ring cost!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix....thank you! I bought some of the others on impulse just for fun and shouldn't have spent the money, but this one I do think was a wise decision!

Zoe...aww, thanks! What a very sweet thing to say! I appreciate it!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Stunning, DS!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning and looks amazing on you! Lucky girl and happy belated birthday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results