shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage 5 stone band

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'll call this a belated birthday present because I didn't see anything that I wanted back in September, but I came across this little "gem" and bought it! It is an old 5 stone band in almost perfect condition set in 90 plat/10 iridium and has five very slightly graduated stones. I think the largest is around 4mm and they average 20 points. So the total is around 1 ct. or a little more. The stones were said to be transitional, but I had my jeweler look at it and he said probably earlier rb. But he said it was very nice quality (G-H VS, SI, and platinum) and I got a great deal! :appl:

The setting is a neat combination of u-prong with 4 prongs and little prongs separating the stones. I love that it is a little unique and has character for a simple ring. I still dream of an AVR 5 stone band, but this ring will serve as an alternate to my wedding set for a change until maybe one day I can get an AVR one! The stones are bright and sparkly and were actually better than I expected!

So here are some pictures:

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more including hand shots for size perspective. Finger size is 5.5. The first pic was taken inside with my LED loupe light shining on it!

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: very pretty!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! happy belated birthday to you! :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Nice find...really pretty!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :appl: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow DS that is a beautiful ring!!! great find!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much shortee, minmin, tyty, armywife, marchesa, slg, mom2boys, and Sharon!

I have learned a lesson that is to be patient and wait for the best things to come along. I had recently bought some sweet little rings that I liked but really were not what I wanted to wear myself. I'll either give them to my girls or eventually sell them. But the funny thing was, I was looking at new 5 stone bands and was just searching for vintage setting ideas when I came across this band. Since it had a return policy, I figured I may as well look at it. I am really glad I did!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Perfection!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty DS. You need to add that last pic to the Christmas SMTB thread! Enjoy and happy belated birthday! :wavey:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: How did you become such a good treasure hunter??? :appl: :appl: :appl:
Your new band is spectacular!!! I'm so glad for you!!! :D

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whooo Hoooo.. that is awesome... :love: :love: :love: It's a beauty!!! :love: :love: Enjoy!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
What a great find! I love the profile. :love:

That hand shot is very useful. It looks like the stones fully cover the top of your finger -- do you find that is the case, or do you notice metal peeking out on the sides? I ask because I have the same size finger (well, my e-ring is sized at 5.75 to get over the knuckle) and I am thinking about a 1.0 tcw five-stone. I would not want to go much bigger because I think stones larger than 20 points would be out of proportion to my e-ring (1.06 ct), although I would not wear the rings on the same hand. So I am interested to hear about your experience with this ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it! The stones look wonderful and sparkly and I do like the style of the band. Happy belated Birthday - you must be living right to find this deal!

Enjoy - I don't know that you would truly get any more sparkle factor out of the AVC's - those stones are very nice!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely stunning!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DS what an exquisite ring and another terrific find!!! It looks lovely on your hand and it has such a pretty profile. I love five stone rings and this one is something special.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DS, do you miss your ER?

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much pregcurious,Taylor, purplesilk, Mayk, LittleRiver, MGR, gecko, and Sundial!

These kinds of finds are scarce, but I was just very lucky this time! I am super picky and definitely wouldn't keep it if it hadn't been a really good one!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1323473991|3078189 said:
HI:

DS, do you miss your ER?

cheers--Sharon

Yes!!! I can't wait to get it back!!! But I already wore my diamond Memoire band on days I didn't want to wear the wedding set. So this new ring just makes it a little more pleasant! :lol: It happened to be my left finger size, but I would have sized it to fit that hand regardless because I like the look of a 5 stone band as a wedding band. I might try a plain platinum wedding band with the 5 stone, too.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, this band is AMAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big! Blingy! Such a pretty setting!!! Looks gorgeous on your lovely hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

:appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

It is a stunner. How does it look with your solitaire? Wow! I love this!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1323475420|3078212 said:
canuk-gal|1323473991|3078189 said:
HI:

DS, do you miss your ER?

cheers--Sharon

Yes!!! I can't wait to get it back!!! But I already wore my diamond Memoire band on days I didn't want to wear the wedding set. So this new ring just makes it a little more pleasant! :lol: It happened to be my left finger size, but I would have sized it to fit that hand regardless because I like the look of a 5 stone band as a wedding band. I might try a plain platinum wedding band with the 5 stone, too.

DS!!!! Where is your Leon????? :love: Are you setting it into a Vaaaatcheeeeeeee? :naughty:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Love. It.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great ring, DS! I love the faceting on the stones, just beautiful! I love a great find, just makes it all the more sweet!
Congratulations!!!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! Good for you...such a score!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleRiver|1323466820|3078105 said:
What a great find! I love the profile. :love:

That hand shot is very useful. It looks like the stones fully cover the top of your finger -- do you find that is the case, or do you notice metal peeking out on the sides? I ask because I have the same size finger (well, my e-ring is sized at 5.75 to get over the knuckle) and I am thinking about a 1.0 tcw five-stone. I would not want to go much bigger because I think stones larger than 20 points would be out of proportion to my e-ring (1.06 ct), although I would not wear the rings on the same hand. So I am interested to hear about your experience with this ring!

Sorry I was in a hurry and didn't answer you earlier! It was interesting because I did not know what size 5 stone band I needed. I felt like it was worth it to order this one just to see how a 1 ct. worked! The 1 ct. exactly covers the top of my finger. I was looking at AVR's at .25 each and I now think that would slightly wrap around the finger more. This one is perfect because of the way the setting is, and I am happy with it even if I never get another one. I think a 1 ct. would be perfect for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bliss, April, luv2sparkle, and renogirl!

Bliss...this is a standalone ring for me(unless I put another band with it!) . I'd like to have a Victor style engraved platinum band or something similar to wear with it. It is just a change for when I don't want to wear the wedding set! I just like variety! I am planning to reset my e-ring. It is at GOG now! I am deciding whether to keep my current diamond or change it to another one before I reset it. But I am still planning on the Vatche. You still love yours, I hope!!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous DS! I love the profile and the diamonds look great. It looks perfect on your hand :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results