shape
carat
color
clarity

Vietnam cobalt spinel cut stones for sale.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barrett - I think you are VERY lucky to have access to those cobalt beauties and I suspect at better prices than many of us would be able to acquire them for (IF we could acquire them).

I fear cobalt spinel may be headed the same direction...there are many out there that lack the hauyne-like (or bic pen) color but are priced up because of their "cobalt" content. fwiw - my cobalt spinel was $600 (under 1/4 carat). A friend helped me buy it wholesale awhile ago and before that, I never dreamed of owning one. Price per carat, it's way more than any of my paraibas (or any other stone I own) - and I haven't seen any cobalt spinel of similar color/quality priced that low since. But I am not in the trade so not saying it's not out there.

If it were just for the color, my 3mm hauynes were only $260/pair on-line. Granted spinel is much more durable and heavier-but does that justify the price difference? For me it must have :lol:

Admittedly, I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon that has you shaking your head because like Arkteia suggested, I wanted some slightly larger paraibas without breaking the bank. While none of the latter purchases can be compared to the little paraibas in my original cluster ring, they still have a unique look/glow that others notice. (I also have cuprians that don't glow but as you suggest, they weren't and shouldn't be priced any different than a nice tourmaline.)

And while I share a different POV, I do understand what you are saying...since joining PS, I've learned to love smaller stones with great color (and cut) over larger stones....but I prefer wearing my stones and anything under 6mm get lost on my large fingers...even my beautiful cobalt spinel :whistle:. If I had joined earlier or had better access/connections, I guess I might be shaking my head at what folks are spending now for paraibas but same applies to other mined-out stones.

It's always nice to see new posts on beautiful rarities...there aren't enough of them. Looking forward to your upcoming posts so folks like myself can dream and drool.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
260 $ for a pair with 3mm is now difficult.
Collecting of Hauyne is now forbidden - it is a pumice mine so Hauyne is like other small minerals only a by product collected by privat persons. Some accidents were responsible to stop collecting.

Hauyne is extremely rare in larger sizes - neon blue spinel too.

I think the price difference is o.k. course how many fine cut, clean and top colored cobalt spinel larger than 0,15 ct have you seen in the market?

Paraiba ( from Brazil ) is overpriced - esp. smaller and included ( and treated ) stones.

I really love this... so true!

https://www.cecileraleydesigns.com/blogs/cecile-raley-designs/rare-gemstones-a-sellers-market

La Thuong

Rough_Rock
I have an existing users at An Phú lục annam việt nam It really very rare and hard to find

MissRuby

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello every one I'm glad that many of you know about Vietnam cobalt spinel and its value. I come from Vietnam and my family has been trading gemstones for 30 years. Nice to meet you guys.
6E562E67-E947-4332-B55A-B587AB1E6D7E.jpeg

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results