shape
carat
color
clarity

Victory! My sapphire 3-stone ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really really pretty. I like the prongs and the engraving too.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Selkie, I was coming back to this thread to tell you how much I love your new avatar
2.gif
But now I see you got new pics!!!! They are beautiful! I'm guessing you took these pics through a magnifying lense at work/university right? It is so beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person
2.gif
That blue is gorgeous and now I can see the violet tone in it that you were talking about. Really gorgeous
36.gif

ETA: WAIT A SECOND! Are these scanner shots??
31.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 3:17:21 AM
Author: sunkist
Selkie, I was coming back to this thread to tell you how much I love your new avatar
2.gif
But now I see you got new pics!!!! They are beautiful! I'm guessing you took these pics through a magnifying lense at work/university right? It is so beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person
2.gif
That blue is gorgeous and now I can see the violet tone in it that you were talking about. Really gorgeous
36.gif

ETA: WAIT A SECOND! Are these scanner shots??
31.gif

You got it. I scanned it at 600dpi on our regular office scanner. There was a thread a while back where people were scanning their rings, and I just had to try it.
9.gif
. My avatar is one of the scans. I also tried getting pics using one of our microscopes, but was having trouble. I was able to get a good look at the diamonds, and even though they are SI1, I could only find one tiny inclusion in one of them, and that was looking from the side.

I'm just fascinated with the sapphire, too. If you've ever been out at sea on a cruise, far from land, the water is this crystaline blue color, and the light rays going down into it seem to merge together. In certain lights, I can look into the stone and see that same effect. It's kind of mesmerizing.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Selkie, I can just imagine the light in the ocean like you''re describing. Your saphire sounds and looks amazing, really. I want a saphire some day
1.gif
I better be good
9.gif

What kind of wedding band are you going to wear with it?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I was just looking at wedding bands (bad me, considering the sheer number of other, more immediate priorites for our $$). We''re going to New England at the end of the month for, among other things, my parent''s 40th anniversary, wedding planning, and the 4th of July, and are hoping to make it to Maine to visit the jewelers who made my ring. They have matching bands, but I''m concerned how expensive they will be. If they aren''t too much, that would be my first choice because they match the engraving exactly, and can be custom curved to my ring. They''re also really narrow (under 2.5mm). If we can''t swing that, I''ll probably get a thin, plain milgrain plat band. My dream band would probably be an antique sapphire and diamond partial eternity band of some kind. I really like these two from Fay Cullen, especially the scroll pattern in the first one.

decobands.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
And, where are my manners? Thanks to everyone for all the compliments on my ring, I can''t get over how pretty it turned out to be.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
oh both bands are beautiful! I think the first scrolly one may look the best with your ring. But I do love the shapes on the second ring.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie, I just saw this thread and wanted to say congrats! Your ring is just lovely! I, too, love the triple prongs--they really add that "antique" look to the face-up view of the ring. I like the left ring between the two you posted of possible bands, only I wonder if you could get round sapphires instead of squares to match your ring? I love the design of it, and how it matches so well with your ring! Anywho, congrats! It''s gorgeous!
36.gif
35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 12:07:13 AM
Author: monarch64
Selkie, I just saw this thread and wanted to say congrats! Your ring is just lovely! I, too, love the triple prongs--they really add that ''antique'' look to the face-up view of the ring. I like the left ring between the two you posted of possible bands, only I wonder if you could get round sapphires instead of squares to match your ring? I love the design of it, and how it matches so well with your ring! Anywho, congrats! It''s gorgeous!
36.gif
35.gif

Thanks! I like the band on the left better, too, and was also wondering about having it made with rounds instead. Although, I don''t think the squares would look too bad because the prongs on the e-ring give the sapphires and diamonds a square look, from a distance. We''ll see, it''ll be a while before we can get the bands anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results