shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Victorian style Yellow diamond 5-stone ring

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Whew and done. It seems like I've been working on this ring for forever but it hasn't been quite a year yet. I started acquiring the diamonds last August and finally got all 5 in February of this year. The two smallest were from the same ring but the others were from 3 different rings. These were all sold to me as OMCs but I'm pretty sure that they're a mix of OMC, OEC and transitional. In any event, I was more concerned about the color matching than the facet pattern matching exactly. The ring was made by Hunt Country Jewelers and is 18k unplated white gold. I told them I wanted something in the Victorian style and this is what they came up with.

Vendor's pics first

And my pictures. I had a hard time focusing on the ring because of the incredible amount of fire this thing throws off.

kiz-5stone-hc1.jpg

kiz-5stone-hc2.jpg

kiz-5stone-hc3.jpg

kiz-yd5stone1.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That turned our AMAZING!!! Reminds me a lot of my emeral 5-stone.

But anyway, yours is amazing!! You must be so thrilled. Did I mention amazing?? ;-)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wowowow. It is stunning!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful--simply wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
They did a fab job! Well done, and I LURVE it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out simply STUNNING! I really really adore it. I'm not sure you mentioned it because your first post got truncated on my screen, but what color do you think your old cuts are? I really love their color!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous and I'm super impressed that you were brave enough to hunt for a suite of stones that worked well together! What an heirloom!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very cool ring!!!!!! I can't believe you found 5 stones that work so well together. I absolutely LOVE the setting :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE it!!! :appl: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Congrats on finding those stones.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1342109764|3232844 said:
That turned out simply STUNNING! I really really adore it. I'm not sure you mentioned it because your first post got truncated on my screen, but what color do you think your old cuts are? I really love their color!!

Thanks! I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The pictures don't show it well, but it's an amazing ball of fire.

Here's a pic of the loose stones. I never got them graded and my ering is an E and my OMC is a J so not a lot of help in comparing lower colors/fancy yellows. I would think that they would be fancy light yellow at the best though.
kiz-yellow5stones2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the nice comments! I actually found the first two side stones relatively quickly. The smaller ones took a whole lot longer. The last stones came in a ruby (opaque) ring with 4 yellow diamonds at the cardinal points. Only when the stones were removed from the setting it was 2 yellow diamonds, 1 brownish diamond and one barely yellow diamond. So now I have a few extra stones hanging around that weren't quite right.

I don't have mm sizes, but the center stone is about 1 carat, the next 2 are .4-.5 cts and the smallest are around .2-.25cts

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are truly yellow! and Hunt's metalwork looks very good. Would you work with them again?

And of course the ring is just splendid and works very well on you.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous, Kismet! Hunt Country always comes up with such beautiful galleries.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1342119895|3232928 said:
They are truly yellow! and Hunt's metalwork looks very good. Would you work with them again?

And of course the ring is just splendid and works very well on you.

Thanks minousbijoux!

I probably would, yes. In general I was pretty pleased with everything. They do have awfully long lead times and my project ended up taking even longer as there was a wedding between two of the people who work there and they underestimated how much time a wedding sucks up. Plus I believe they had some long power outages due to severe storms.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1342120673|3232931 said:
That is gorgeous, Kismet! Hunt Country always comes up with such beautiful galleries.

Thanks kelpie! I really love the fleur-de-lis design that they came up with. Definitely right on the mark of what I was looking for.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH WOW! OH WOW! OH WOW!

What a stunning ring - a true heirloom-to-be!

If there's any way you could get some low-light or candle light shots, I'd love to see them.

Congratulations!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of the old cut stones, but wow I really love this ring, I love the yellow color and the setting is amazing, congrats on a job well done :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1342122178|3232942 said:
OH WOW! OH WOW! OH WOW!

What a stunning ring - a true heirloom-to-be!

If there's any way you could get some low-light or candle light shots, I'd love to see them.

Congratulations!

Thanks VRBeauty! I'll see about getting low light pics but I can't see myself lighting up candles when it's 90 degrees out. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out beautifully!! What a great 5 stone! I love the graduated sizes and the diamonds are really beautiful! Great colour and facet matching --- IMO! Beautiful setting, too and it looks AMAZING on your hand! Enjoy - its a stunning ring!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It turned out STUNNING!!! I love the details in the profile! :love: :love: :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring, looks like they did a great job on the setting! I'm so impressed you were able to find 5 matching in color antique stones that are yellow! Was it difficult to find them?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they looks that yellow all the time I would guess they are at least S-T, maybe U-V colors! I have been experimenting with colors and went as low as N-O-P hoping the diamonds would look yellow and buttery all the time, but that was not even tinted enough. For the true yellow/butter all the time I think you need to get even lower! Yours are stunning. Enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite stunning! I think the color is yum!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this ring is AMAZING!!! Kismet, it's so beautiful - the setting is gorgeous and those stones are delicious - love love love it!! :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!! I love it! You did an awesome job matching up those stones, they are perfect!!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results