shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian repro splendour from Black Opal Direct, M'sOpalWorld, and CvB - B&W opal/OEC earrings + bracelet

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegance with old world charm! Truly captivating!
Congratulations to you and Caysie on a stunning collaboration.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire is 100% accurate, and could not be said better! Elegance with old world charm. Perfect. I do not think I have ever seen a more beautiful collection of opals or a more delicious pair of earrings. They are stunning on you with your beautiful dark hair. I am sure you will receive many compliments on them, but most likely people will just want to stare at them. Just fantastic. Your taste is wonderful as always but you managed to put together these earrings perfectly. They are definitely 'holy cow' pieces.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are breathtaking, it's kind of cool to see more people appreciating Aussie opals!!!! Congrats!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the opal lesson. Really. Thank you @yssie

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Those are really fantastic and unique- love them! What a great outcome. Very special earrings!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are absolutely stunning and unique, a rare combination! You wear them well @yssie, enjoy them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning heirloom pieces :love::love::love:

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
OMG, Yssie, these are amazing! I hope you find many reasons to wear them often! They are absolutely stunning.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just amazing. EVERYTHING you have is amazing!!! :love::love::love:

Q

Queenie60

One of a kind art. Enjoy them - stunning earrings.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, I'm dying here. Those earrings are absolutely stunning!! :love::love::love:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my... these are just STUNNING. You have absolutely nailed the asymmetry here. They’re classic, yet interesting and a little quirky. The airline around the opals gives lightness to the overall feel of some otherwise VERY substantial earrings. And those teeny tiny prongs that Caysie does SO WELL... that minuscule milgrain... wow.

I’m loving the bigger black opal, but it doesn’t even matter that they aren’t exact matches... because they’re asymmetrical. Each stone is lovely and has its own character. These are such gorgeous heirloom earrings- as with ALL of your pieces!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man. I so so love these! I’m such a sucker for opals, vintage, and quirky and this is a killer combo of all those and more!!! No way anyone else has anything like these gorgeous girls. Stunning!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new earrings once again! :love: You always put so much thought and consideration into each piece that you own, including this one! What a masterpiece! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my... these are just STUNNING. You have absolutely nailed the asymmetry here. They’re classic, yet interesting and a little quirky. The airline around the opals gives lightness to the overall feel of some otherwise VERY substantial earrings. And those teeny tiny prongs that Caysie does SO WELL... that minuscule milgrain... wow.

I’m loving the bigger black opal, but it doesn’t even matter that they aren’t exact matches... because they’re asymmetrical. Each stone is lovely and has its own character. These are such gorgeous heirloom earrings- as with ALL of your pieces!

^^ What she said!

Honestly, they are gorgeous and I love that they are different colors! Such a quirky and unique choice. Perfection.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie -

I sent you an email the other day. I know you have email issues and things get lost in obscure folders on occasion. So this is just a heads up. :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Thank you for your note here!

Your email did in fact to to an unexpected location - I wouldn’t have seen it for another couple of days :(sad

Responding!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings Yssie - enjoy them!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DH happened to look over my shoulder as I opened this thread and his immediate reaction - "Whoa. Those are awesome. Get those." Well, um, okay, honey, if you insist. :lol:

I LOVE that they are asymmetric, I love the settings, I love the colors, I just love everything. A gorgeous addition to your collection. I request a family shot of all of your earrings!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, first of all, you are such a beautiful, beautiful, girl!
About your earrings: When i first saw them, i heard my daughter (who had supposedy gone to bed half an hour before) calling me from her bedroom and i literally kept ignoring her and drooling over the earrings, until all of a sudden i saw her standing by my side and also looking at the monitor of my computer! Her reaction to the photo of you, wearing the earrings was: Wow! Is she a princess? Me: Yes, she is!!!
Congratulations on these beauties! They made my heart sing when i saw them! They are truly unique and look wondeful on you...princess! Wear them in good health:appl:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and fascinating! Congratulations:P2

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
THUD.

Oh my... These are beyond stunning. And you're making me want opals, now....

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! Just WOW!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your new earrings are stunning and you take such beautiful photos. Love the details on the earrings. :love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful! I especially love the colour play of the black opals - I would love one in the future.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these earrings!!!!!!! The black and white opals remind me of the black and white pearl earrings. Having an earring of each really makes one appreciate the different opal type and truly makes these earrings unique. The settings are stunning and beautifully crafted. The diamond size is really great too!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzies! The detail is impeccable!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just had to go back and gawk at these again. They’re amazing and every other synonym in the book!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! love that yin/yang look! Opals are so glowy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I’m two weeks late here… but better late than never? :oops2:

@bludiva Thank you!! I lost one of the earring backs at the HPD GTG in ID week before last :cry2: my replacements just came in today. I was wearing them as often as I could possibly get away with - and I plan to get right back to it :mrgreen2:

Thank you @tyty333!! I so wish I’d known more about opals fifteen years ago, when I was living on the other side of Queensland rather than on the other side of the world :geek2:

@diamondseeker2006 Thank you love :kiss2:

You and @mrs-b were my inspirations - for opals and melee!! I can’t wait to see what you do with your white - it has so much red in it! More than mine, I believe. It would look phenomenal in pink gold :kiss2:

Caysie’s got my last two opals - another gorgeous white from Jordan and a really bright mackerel sky black. I’d slated them for a second pair of earrings, but now that I’ve got these… I doubt I’d ever reach for any other opal earrings! So now I haven’t a clue what to do with them.

An old video of all six together - all are solid stones from Lightning Ridge. I actually think this video illustrates their different personalities well - the four opals in these earrings (the four on the bottom in the video) really shine indoors, under halogens and LEDs… which this video, taken outdoors on a cloudy day, definitely does not showcase! And their fancy, formal settings suit them perfectly. The two top stones will be my daytime dazzlers - once I, y'know, figure out what to do with them :mrgreen2:

@canuk-gal Oh my goodness. Thank you so much Sharon, what a sweet and generous thing to say! :kiss2:

My jewellery box has had an indulgent year! I’ve been trying to explore more - away from diamonds, away from daily-wear... I think this is the first year I’ve been truly open to the idea of “wearable art” over “artistically wearable". And if all my projects end as happily as this one - I’ll be over the moon :kiss2:

@lovedogs Thank you!! :cool2:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results