shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian moonstone, finally!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Ever since I got into antiques and antique/vintage jewelry, I'd been wanting to get a really nice victorian moonstone ring that speaks to me. I've come across quite a few online and some in person, but none that really made me go wow! (I did find a potential one months back that I posted about, but the history/info was lacking and the common vote was that it was not authentic Victorian.) Well, I came across this ring a few weeks ago but bookmarked it because it was a bit more than what I wanted to spend. But when I checked again some time later, the seller had a sale! I snatched it up without another thought. I was able to get it resized and picked it up from the jeweler today. Here she is!
20190912_215424.jpg

20190912_215341.jpg
The inside of the ring has the prettiest script engraving I've ever seen. It says "KG to EE." No other hallmarks. At first, I was a bit hesitant to get this ring because of the engraving (sort of silly, it felt like I was taking a ring that was meant for someone else?). But if its 100ish years old, the original owner wouldn't be around anymore and so perhaps it's ok for me to love this ring for her!
20190912_215447.jpg
20190912_220500.jpg
At certain angles, the little moonstone orb seems to glow!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh its beautuful and kind of enchanted looking
As her family didn't keep it im sure EE is glad someone is loving her ring and wearing it for us all to see
enjoy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Victorian jewelry and your moonstone ring is quite lovely. Ethereal and elegant. Enjoy.:appl:

20190912_220500.jpg

Glowlicious.:love:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! That's my birthstone too!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, so pretty!
I once gave an opal ring to a co-worker who admired it. She put it on her pinky finger and wore it constantly until the surface of the stone was marred and dull.
But she loved it, and it warmed my heart everytime I saw it on her hand.
I have sold a lot of jewelry over the years. You can only hope that someone loves it and wears it.
So EE, wherever she is, is probably pleased that you love her ring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That moonstone looks magical! I like the inscription; it lets us know the ring was given with love, and I'm sure its former owners would be happy to know that it continues to be cherished.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! I think the original owner would want someone to wear it as well!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous Moonstone! Love the ring and the sentimental feeling behind it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results