shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Pave Trueste + Tiffany Eternity Band

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I realized that I hadn't created a post for my new engagement ring. It's a 2.74 H VVS2 set in a Victor Canera pave Trueste setting. Finger size 5.25.

img_1311.jpg

I came home with a 1.68 ct eternity band from Tiffany today, and I wanted a few outside opinions on my choice:

img_1362.jpg

img_1367_0.jpg

img_1377.jpg

img_1378.jpg

I loved it in store but am second guessing my choice now that I've gotten home. Do you think it is too much, given that the band on my engagement ring is pretty delicate? Also, would I need to wear a spacer so that the prongs on the eternity ring don't chew up the prongs on the e-ring?

Here's what a smaller alternative would look like:

img_1360.jpg

img_1361_0.jpg

I know the choice is ultimately a personal one, but I do appreciate your input on whether you think the current wedding band works or if it would be better to go smaller. I do like that I could wear the current wedding band as a stand alone band if I wanted to.

Thank you! :appl:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
The smaller eternity band looks like it matches really well if you were going for a discrete look but I love larger eternity bands and I think the size you got is a nice balanced look. It doesn't take away from your center stone but it still makes its own statement. I would keep this one it is beautiful!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Your e-ring is also beautiful! Congrats on both:)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super fabulous! I love your setting and your diamond... :love: :mrgreen: Stunning!

I also like the smaller band. Your ring is the star!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new ER--I love Victor's Trueste setting! :love: I would recommend that you wear the shared prong eternity band on your right hand instead.

BTW, what happened to your last 3 stone ring w/ pear sides?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new engagement ring and a Tiffany band - sweet! I love them both but would probably use the eternity as a RHR as suggested and go with the smaller band. I love to see the center stone pop!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have Victor make the band to match the shank of the e-ring. Seriously, you have a beautiful diamond and I think it can be the main focus with the smaller band. Beautiful e-ring!!! :love:

(I love those Tiffany shared prong bands, but I think they look best with a Tiffany solitaire or repro. You would absolutely have to wear a spacer band, so that might even take more away from the e-ring.)

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with DS I would want a band to match the shank of the ering, an eternity would be better paired with a plain shank solitaire IMHO. Gorgeous ering!

mjg

Rough_Rock
Well I absolutely LOVE the larger Tiffany band you bought! I think it's a stunning set, and I personally don't like perfectly matched bands as much as something a little different. I actually tried that band on today myself but in the half eternity version and I think it's a great size for wearing with an ering, alone, or stacking. Maybe keep trying it on at home over the next few days and see what YOU think.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with DS. Smaller band. I would want the eye to focus on that glorious e-ring. Even better - matching band from Victor.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! More Pics!! :love:

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I love the VC Trueste! Thanks for sharing!!! Maybe you could find a band in between the 2 sizes? The smaller one lets your stone shine, but the bigger one is blingy.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very similar set. My stone is 2.57 and my eternity is 12 point stones. I also have a smaller band that is a baguette and round band that is far more delicate that I wear on occasion, but the truth is I love the bigger band better. I always get compliments on it. My advice would be to get both! Maybe not all at one time but another band is a nice alternative.

img_11344.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Larger band looks good to my eye!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep the larger band. The smaller band just makes the set look generic.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wowzer that diamond knocks your socks off large or small eternity you cannot go wrong magnificent :love: :appl: :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
lktx|1459722622|4015044 said:
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I realized that I hadn't created a post for my new engagement ring. It's a 2.74 H VVS2 set in a Victor Canera pave Trueste setting. Finger size 5.25.

img_1311.jpg

I came home with a 1.68 ct eternity band from Tiffany today, and I wanted a few outside opinions on my choice:

img_1362.jpg

img_1367_0.jpg

img_1377.jpg

img_1378.jpg

I loved it in store but am second guessing my choice now that I've gotten home. Do you think it is too much, given that the band on my engagement ring is pretty delicate? Also, would I need to wear a spacer so that the prongs on the eternity ring don't chew up the prongs on the e-ring?
I absolutely love this!!!
Here's what a smaller alternative would look like:

img_1360.jpg

img_1361_0.jpg

I know the choice is ultimately a personal one, but I do appreciate your input on whether you think the current wedding band works or if it would be better to go smaller. I do like that I could wear the current wedding band as a stand alone band if I wanted to.

Thank you! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! I like the smaller band because it shows the centre diamond off more, but I agree with the others you could wear both and alternate days if you wanted.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :love: :love: :love: Congrats! :clap:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, congratulations! What a fabulous piece of jewelry to cherish for years to come. :)

I too cast my vote in the direction of a smaller band, maybe even one made by VC to match. Overall, while I'm not a matchy person, this ring seems to beckon the diamond to be center stage, and the larger eternity, while stunning (and I'd wear it by itself, or with some thin stacking bands!), does, to my eyes, detract from the overall look.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks just perfect! I love the profile view with the pave basket...Congrats on a lovely ring!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
All - thank you very much for your replies! I have enjoyed reading each of them. I've decided to return the Tiffany band and get Victor to make a band for me (as a long-time reader of Pricescope, paying Tiffany prices kind of bugged me, even though it's a beautiful piece).

I've gotten quotes from Victor for a band that matches my e-ring and for a shared prong eternity band similar in size to the one from Tiffany. I'm leaning towards the larger eternity band because I've come to realize that I secretly want to pack as much bling onto one finger as possible :saint: , but I've asked my fiance if we could get both bands, as Victor could make both bands for less than the price of the Tiffany band. We'll see! I'll keep you all posted. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great plan! The versatility of both bands for under the price of the Tiffany band. That's a deal!!

Can't wait to see pictures of what Victor makes for you!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the larger one best!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results