shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Experience

gaa2020

Rough_Rock
Hey PSer's,

About 8 months ago I started my journey for an engagement ring. It took me about a month to find PS and another month of research to really start understanding what I wanted in a diamond. Once I purchased my diamond I had THE WORST experience finding a jeweler to set it. I started out with a a few local shops and they were charging a exorbitant amount of money for a setting. This was also about the time COVID lock-downs started so I figured staying local would help expedite the process. Little did I know many jewelry stores do not have a jeweler on staff, therefore they outsource things to other places in the country. One of those places was California which was put on lock-down quickly. The local jeweler assured me they were using someone local in my state, but sure enough they were using someone in CA which continued to change the timeline of the ER by weeks, then months and eventually they admitted they had no idea on timeline. Rest assured, I received my stone and refund from the local jewelry store and was back at square one.

At this point, I conceded that my engagement ring wouldn't be done in the timeline that I needed. I logged onto PS and started scouring for the best of the best to set my diamond and narrowed it down to about 6 options. After receiving quotes from a handful of folks, I eventually landed on Victor Canera. I count my lucky stars that I did because not only did Victor meet my timeline (even with the world at a standstill), but he was communicative along the way. I was calloused from my horrendous experience, so I asked Victor, Nathan and Nic 1,000 questions (everything from timeline, to the nitty gritty about pave stone placement, etc.) and they answered all of those questions happily and timely. Not once did I feel out of the loop and Victor was fully transparent along the way. I can't express how grateful I am to the PS community for your help and to Victor Canera for everything he and the rest of his team did to make my future fiancé's engagement ring something I could only dream of!

The Ring:
Victor's Instagram Post:

Victor's Pictures:

Engagement Ring 1.jpeg Engagement Ring 2.jpeg

My Photos:

Engagement Ring 3.jpeg Engagement Ring 4.jpeg

Thank you, Victor! Y'all are the best!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Would love to see hand shots too!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
:eek2::appl::appl::appl: It is such a beautiful ring. Wow!!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What a gorgeous ring! Congratulations! We'd love to see more pics and hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor did it again!!
Congrats on this stunning ring

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning - really love this Evelyn iteration!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Victor does such a great job with his pave... and his packing is also impeccable.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for happy endings, Victor is wonderful! Spectacular ring, congratulation!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow that is my dream ring....bravo....love it!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That is some ring! So glad you found your way to VC! Congrats on your engagement!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's the real deal, isn't he? I'm so glad you had a great experience with him - your ring is gorgeous.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!. Congrats! :clap: :clap:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous ring! :love: I am so thrilled that you found Victor; he is the absolute best, and I adore the Evelyn design you chose! I would love to see hand shots of the ring and hear stats on the stone as well. Congrats!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous!! Tell us about the diamond as well.

H

Horsegirl76

That’s a showstopper no doubt. Congratulations!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers, that is one gorgeous ring!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Totally stunning! Congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glorious ring, congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, congratulations!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in every way!!! And you won't find a nicer guy to deal with as well!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy that even in the midst of covid, you had a positive experience with Victor. He really is awesome. Your ring is stunning.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Congrats. Glad everything worked out

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
When is the lucky lady getting it, so we can see some hand shots? :appl:

gaa2020

Rough_Rock
Because of COVID the plans I had set needed to be rescheduled so we are about two weeks away before I post some hand shots! I have attached the GIA Specs. I viewed a bunch of diamonds and this one is a fire cracker. I was worried about the less than Super Ideal table, but of the super ideals I saw in person pre-covid, I was actually impressed by the performance of this diamond. At the size and carat weight it was a heck of a deal and the extra cost for super ideal didn't make a ton of sense for me, although I understand why folks spend the extra money. To me the difference between THIS diamond and a super ideal is the difference between a fully loaded Porsche 911 Turbo vs a stock Porsche 911. I will say though that any ole GIA XXX doesn't hold a candle to a close to super ideal and/or super ideal. Also, sacrificing color for size wasn't a huge deal for me because the difference between a G and an I was negligible at a face up position, not to mention the setting I picked made it difficult to see a side view of the diamond anyway. Candidly I am terrible at distinguishing color so y'all can be the judge!

GIA 6341676010 Photo.jpg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely divine! What an amazing diamond and such a splendid setting

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous! I am such a sucker for really good pave, and Victor does amazing pave. Please get a spacer ring for this beauty if another band with stone will be worn with it. I absolutely love everything about this ring.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Hey PSer's,

About 8 months ago I started my journey for an engagement ring. It took me about a month to find PS and another month of research to really start understanding what I wanted in a diamond. Once I purchased my diamond I had THE WORST experience finding a jeweler to set it. I started out with a a few local shops and they were charging a exorbitant amount of money for a setting. This was also about the time COVID lock-downs started so I figured staying local would help expedite the process. Little did I know many jewelry stores do not have a jeweler on staff, therefore they outsource things to other places in the country. One of those places was California which was put on lock-down quickly. The local jeweler assured me they were using someone local in my state, but sure enough they were using someone in CA which continued to change the timeline of the ER by weeks, then months and eventually they admitted they had no idea on timeline. Rest assured, I received my stone and refund from the local jewelry store and was back at square one.

At this point, I conceded that my engagement ring wouldn't be done in the timeline that I needed. I logged onto PS and started scouring for the best of the best to set my diamond and narrowed it down to about 6 options. After receiving quotes from a handful of folks, I eventually landed on Victor Canera. I count my lucky stars that I did because not only did Victor meet my timeline (even with the world at a standstill), but he was communicative along the way. I was calloused from my horrendous experience, so I asked Victor, Nathan and Nic 1,000 questions (everything from timeline, to the nitty gritty about pave stone placement, etc.) and they answered all of those questions happily and timely. Not once did I feel out of the loop and Victor was fully transparent along the way. I can't express how grateful I am to the PS community for your help and to Victor Canera for everything he and the rest of his team did to make my future fiancé's engagement ring something I could only dream of!

The Ring:
Victor's Instagram Post:

Victor's Pictures:

Engagement Ring 1.jpeg Engagement Ring 2.jpeg

My Photos:

Engagement Ring 3.jpeg Engagement Ring 4.jpeg

Thank you, Victor! Y'all are the best!

Hi I know this is several years later lol do you have any side views? I'm looking at this setting myself and so curious from the side angle!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results