shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Emilya- my downgrade of an upgrade

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
When we got engaged, like a thousand years ago, my husband gave me a 2.75 carat Tiffany Legacy, which I wore for a long time, but with the arrival of kids, it just stopped making sense, and then with the addition of dogs, it made even less sense. It was too big for daily wear and honestly, I never felt that it flattered my less than elegant (i.e. stumpy) fingers. It sort of took up residence on the kitchen counter, then migrated to my jewellery box and eventually ended up pretty permanently in the safe. About a year ago, my H suggested I choose something that I loved as a replacement. We went to Cartier and Tiffany's and nothing was really jumping out at me. One night, random googling led me to Pricescope.

I spent way too many hours I spent admiring everyone's amazing bling, but the ones I kept going back to look at over and over were the lower coloured OECs and the VC Emilyas. I debated going with one of Victor's oec cuts, which look gorgeous, but kept coming back to the fact that I wanted something lower coloured, and eventually found a gorgeous 2.26 M from Erica at LAD.

After I ordered it, I got slightly panicky that the ring would be too blingy - we're American but live in London where people don't really do ostentatious rings - but it's not. It's absolutely perfect. The thing that no pictures really seem to convey about the Emilya is that it's so incredibly delicate, and the melee is done so delicately and cleanly, that at first glance, it almost falls somewhere between a halo and a solitaire.

I have to warn in advance that my pictures don't do either the stone or this ring justice (and that my hands are red and icky as I'd just come in from a run in the cold).

vc-up-downgrade.png

vc-up-downgrade2.png

vc-up-downgrade3.png

vc-up-downgrade4.png

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
a few more

vc-up-downgrade5.png

vc-up-downgrade6.png

vc-up-downgrade7.png

vc-up-downgrade8.png

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
last one for now, I promise :lol:

vc-up-downgrade9.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely gorgeous! I love an OEC in an Emilya! :love: I have to say, though, a Tiffany Legacy would be a dream ring to me. I hope you can at least wear it sometimes!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: :love:

So is it only AVCs that victor won't set? No problem with other (real) antique cuts?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! What a dream ring. Victor nailed it again and the ring looks very sophisticated on you. Gorgeous to the max!!!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
telephone89 said:
So is it only AVCs that victor won't set? No problem with other (real) antique cuts?

I think that's right, as I would guess they compete with his own european cuts, though it's not something that came up. When I sent him the stone, I did ask him to please feel free to let me know if it wasn't one he would feel happy about setting, but he was very nice about it.

diamondseeker2006 said:
That is absolutely gorgeous! I love an OEC in an Emilya! I have to say, though, a Tiffany Legacy would be a dream ring to me. I hope you can at least wear it sometimes!

Thanks Diamondseeker - your stone is one of the ones I kept looking at over and over (although I know it's an AVC). Did you end up keeping it or selling it? I do love the Legacy, just not so much on my hand. It feels and looks like a whole lot of ring. I debated selling it, but in the end, decided to keep it in case one of my sons (I have three boys) ends up with a partner who would like it.

Acinom said:
Oooh! What a dream ring. Victor nailed it again and the ring looks very sophisticated on you. Gorgeous to the max!!!

Thank you Acinom - that means something coming from you as you have one of the most gorgeous VC rings of all time. I'm not sure sophisticated really sums up the long-run-in-the-cold hands topped up by an old sweatshirt, but I'll take it. :lol:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, I love, love, love the warm old cuts and yours is spectacular! It looks perfect in the Emilya!! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely jaaron! It's nice that you were able to figure out what you liked/wanted and were able to achieve it. Congratulations
on your upgrade (I'm not going to call it a downgrade because it's just to pretty to be called that!)

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
That's so beautiful! I've always wanted to see a warmer color OEC set in an Emilya, so thanks for sharing! BTW, did you go with platinum or white gold for this?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! :love:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all - I couldn't love it more.

HegemonyCricket said:
That's so beautiful! I've always wanted to see a warmer color OEC set in an Emilya, so thanks for sharing! BTW, did you go with platinum or white gold for this?

Platinum. The funny thing is that the pics are terrible - will take some better ones when I have a bit of time - and make the diamond look more tinted than it looks in real life. In person the diamond looks incredibly white in the setting- unless you're absolutely staring at it in perfect lighting conditions, it's almost impossible to discern a colour difference between the stone and the melee. I've even found myself thinking a few times that I should have gone for an N stone so it would show a little warmer.

The first pic is showing the reflection of the gold Japanese screen opposite, which is why it looks yellowish.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in every way. Best "downgrade" ever. :love: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I love OECs :love:

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful.The Emily AND the Legacy are my dream rings.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring jaaron! I love the band you are pairing with it too! Congratulations on a gorgeous downgrade! :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your downgrade is gorgeous! :love:
I love the facets of your OEC. The M is really very white.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Loveee your Emilya! It looks perfect on you !

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! I could look at a lot more pictures of that beauty! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, I have a transitional in an Emilya and I love the way the tiny melee blings up and brings out the best in the old cut in the middle!!! Congrats!!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
That's so beautiful!! Congrats!!!

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW that is a stunning ring and you are one lucky lady!!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I love the band too, is it a vintage one?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your epic "downgrade"! :love:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you - y'all are so kind. I'm just completely in love with this ring.

missy said:
Beautiful in every way. Best "downgrade" ever. :love: :appl:
I'm biased, but I totally agree :lol:

arkieb1 said:
Stunning, I have a transitional in an Emilya and I love the way the tiny melee blings up and brings out the best in the old
cut in the middle!!! Congrats!!!

Yes, yours is stunning. It's one of the ones I looked at over and over while I was deciding.

kathley said:
Gorgeous!

Kathley, yours is another that I looked at again and again.

Snowdrop13 said:
Gorgeous ring! I love the band too, is it a vintage one?

Thanks, Snowdrop. No, it's not vintage. It was made by a jeweller who was local to my hometown, who has since passed away. I'm not sure it goes perfectly with the Emilya, but unlike my original e-ring, I'm sentimental about my band and can't imagine not wearing it. I think I might either get a very thin spacer or ask Victor to make me a super thin diamond band to wear between the two rings. I'm going to give it a week or so until I've adjusted to it first.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
A few more because we actually have a little sunshine here in London today, and then I'll stop boring y'all.

vc-outdoor1.png

vc-outdoor2.png

vc-outdoor3.png

vc-outdoor4.png

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THat's an M?????? It looks so white to me! I absolutely LOVE PUFFY HEART your ring, it is breath taking! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is really beautiful on you! Yes, Victor's settings are so delicate...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results