shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Custom Cutting Diamond Experience

xueqi89

Rough_Rock
I was looking for an engagement ring and I know that I wanted an Emilya Halo from Victor Canera. I did a lot of research about diamonds on pricescope and on the web and decided that we want an ideal cut diamond that is around 2 – 2.5 ct, I color, VS2 clarity. So, we narrow it down to these vendors with an ideal cut loose diamond from either WF, BGD, and CBID. Unfortunately, none of them have the stone that I wanted, so I decide to go the route of custom to cut diamond.

While doing research on custom to cut diamond, we found Victor’s “Canera Ideal Hearts” diamonds but there was not a lot of information or review about the custom to cut process from him but I know that I wanted his Emilya Hola setting and I also want to keep the process to one vendor and not have to find the loose diamond myself and have it ship to Victor to have him set it (which I have to buy insurance during that process and a long waitlist). So, I decided to go ahead with the process of having it all done by Victor, from finding a rough diamond that matches my specification, cutting it into a CIH and having it set by him.

To tell the truth, I was very nervous about this process, but I send Victor an email about this project and Nicholas discussed to me about how the process will be and what will happen each step of the way calm me down a lot.

First, I put down a deposit for the search of the stone that also can be used later on for purchasing the stone. Victor and Nicholas came back with some stone that matches the specification that I wanted but it just wasn’t what I was looking for. We finally settle on a 2.49ct, I color, VS1 Clarity stone but after cutting the stone it came out to be an I Color, VS2 Clarity stone. Victor was going to refund the difference back to me as he originally said he would before be cutting the stone if it was to go down a grade, but we decided that we just leave the difference and use it toward our ring. Then off it goes to AGS to be graded. The whole process of finding the stone and getting it graded from AGS took around 2 months. The final graded stone came out to be a 2.515 ct, I Color, VS2 Clarity stone, it was exactly the same specification that I wanted at the beginning which is awesome, and the stone turns out to be amazing. Victor even has a page on his website for the stone with a 360 image, Hearts Scope, ASET Scope, and IdealScope. The stone just looked stunning and the physical and optical symmetry was super. The whole process was more convenient then I thought, and the result was spectacular.

During this whole process of finding the stone, getting it cut, and graded, Victor and Nicholas kept me updated every step of the way and answered all my questions. We communicate mostly through email and I will definitely recommend those who want to get a custom cutting diamond to look at Victor’s “Canera Ideal Hearts”. It such an easy and simple process to go through.

I will post my review and more picture of the ring on Show Me the Bling! section.

diamond picture.jpg

XZ.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks fantastic!

Can you post a link to the page on VC's website? I'd love to see a video, and the advanced images along with the proportions it ended up being when it was cut.

By chance, did you get to define cut proportions, or just size, color & clarity?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ended up with a beautiful ring! Thanks for detailing the process and congratulations!!!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool amazing experience! Talk about a custom made ring...:kiss2:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I had so much trouble deciding on the setting I actually chose or Victor Canera "Colette" split shank, so I always love seeing his work!

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it looks fantastic!

Can you post a link to the page on VC's website? I'd love to see a video, and the advanced images along with the proportions it ended up being when it was cut.

By chance, did you get to define cut proportions, or just size, color & clarity?

Would love to know this too. I'm wanting a CER but inventory appears quite limited.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Victor never disappoints, and wow, the custom cut CIH diamond and the ring you chose are both amazing! :love: Please come back with more information about the stone and more photos as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results