shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera 3.6ct Five Stone Emerald & Trapezoid Ring

allene

Rough_Rock
Just beautiful! Love it so much. Can you share the dimensions of your EC? I’m obviously an EC lover :lol:

Oh and do you plan to wear a band with it? I have a very similar setting

Thank you! Emeralds are my favorite too. :)

Yours is beyond gorgeous!! I love it.

To answer your questions, the center stone dimensions are roughly 11 x 7 x 5 mm, rounded.

And, I do wear a band with it, just a plain band that is about 1.5 or 2mm wide. It sort of disappears. I've had a couple of people ask "when's the date?" because they don't see the band. ;-) I did try a thin 2mm diamond eternity next to it at first; however, my DH prefers the plain band.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@allene , your ring is drop-dead gorgeous!!! :love: I'm almost at a loss for words, it is pure perfection. That hand shot did me in, I gasped when I saw it! Congratulations and have a fabulous time wearing this beauty!

allene

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! Enjoy wearing it: she looks fabulous on you.
Would love to see profile pics. Will you wear it as a standalone ring or with a band?
Your reset is stunning and Victor did an amazing job

Thank you Acinom! Victor absolutely did an amazing job!

I wear the ring with a plain band, I took it off for the 'photo shoot'. =)2

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom! Victor absolutely did an amazing job!

I wear the ring with a plain band, I took it off for the 'photo shoot'. =)2
Would love to see it with your band. ‘Strike a pose’

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A side / profile view for @Acinom and @Bonfire:

PS IMG_5776 Side.jpg

And one more. Thank you thank you again for all your super sweet comments and wishes (blushing!):

PS IMG_5768 Flower.JPG
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful profile pics. Victor nailed it with the proportions. I like!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A side / profile view for @Acinom and @Bonfire:

PS IMG_5776 Side.jpg

And one more. Thank you thank you again for all your super sweet comments and wishes (blushing!):

PS IMG_5768 Flower.JPG
Le sigh...so beautiful :roll2:
Thank you for the additional pictures!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best!!!! It’s stunning. Can I see a “before” picture?

allene

Rough_Rock
Best!!!! It’s stunning. Can I see a “before” picture?

It's funny, I have taken more photos of the reset in a few weeks (days), than in all the years of the original setting. Not sure why but it was hard to get a shot of the old setting that I liked, so I only have a couple.

Here's a "before" picture:
PS Original Laduree Small.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!! What a perfect setting! Your new ring is exceptional!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@allene
You had me at “river of light”. It took all my willpower not to jump to the pics but I wanted to read your whole story. That setting is one of the most beautiful,l ones I’ve seen for an emerald cut. Victor really outdid himself. So happy for you that you worked well with him and trusted him enough to Go with his vision. And btw, of the three pics at the beginning I loved your hand shot the most. I really need more pics though. ;)2

I had to study the pics some more. That TILT of the traps is PERFECT, as well as the SIZE. The center is unquestionably the star but that finger coverage is TDF. SO ELEGANT. But SO BLINGY. Ugh. :cry2: I wanna cry a little. In the best way. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Congratulations!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Drop dead gorgeous. :love::love::love: This is stunning and congratulations on the reset!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a STUNNING reset!! :love::love::love: VC's work is truly art...he always gets the proportions right and the metal work is impeccable!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love the reset! :love: Now, what are you going to do with the trillions from the prior setting?:wink2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am choking on my love for the stone, the sides and the reset. Your first setting looked very high end to me and lovely! BUT this new river of light has taken your stone to new heights, I love Mr. Canera's work, I've never seen a ring he created that I didn't drool over, yours is no exception..

Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL emerald cut stone, this new setting and congratulations to you, you are kind and it shows.. this is a great place for sure and I'm glad that people like us can get the best there is. Congratulations and I of course STILL WANT MORE PIXs!!

kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazbling:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Emeraldlicious. Perfection. :love:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really stunning!!! Everything about it is PERFECTION~!!! <3

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection.
The proportions of lengths and widths...
The angling...
The proportions of head and finger size...
The juxtaposition of prongs and bezels - visually seamless...
Congratulations @allene and Victor! There is truly just no way this piece could possibly be improved :kiss2:

allene

Rough_Rock
@allene
You had me at “river of light”. It took all my willpower not to jump to the pics but I wanted to read your whole story. That setting is one of the most beautiful,l ones I’ve seen for an emerald cut. Victor really outdid himself. So happy for you that you worked well with him and trusted him enough to Go with his vision. And btw, of the three pics at the beginning I loved your hand shot the most. I really need more pics though. ;)2

I had to study the pics some more. That TILT of the traps is PERFECT, as well as the SIZE. The center is unquestionably the star but that finger coverage is TDF. SO ELEGANT. But SO BLINGY. Ugh. :cry2: I wanna cry a little. In the best way. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you!! It almost feels as if you may have some insider info, @LLJsmom! :) When you mentioned trust: it took exactly that. I have to confess to one moment on my side. Victor did a line sketch to show proportions of the side stones, since we couldn't vet the actual stones prior to the custom cutting. When I saw the sketch, I thought the sides were too big and emailed him to say so... his response was very nice, he explained that once the stones were tilted (when set), it would look different.

I took a deep breath... and replied that as long as the center will be the star (exactly your words!), then full speed ahead. He was so reassuring, he said it would be gorgeous. And the rest, as they say, is history.

allene

Rough_Rock
I am choking on my love for the stone, the sides and the reset. Your first setting looked very high end to me and lovely! BUT this new river of light has taken your stone to new heights, I love Mr. Canera's work, I've never seen a ring he created that I didn't drool over, yours is no exception..

Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL emerald cut stone, this new setting and congratulations to you, you are kind and it shows.. this is a great place for sure and I'm glad that people like us can get the best there is. Congratulations and I of course STILL WANT MORE PIXs!!

kate

Kate, thanks a million. I liked the first setting of course; however, was really keen to eventually pair the center with step cut sides. As you say, he's taken it to new heights!

I am blown away by the kindness and support that Pricescope provides, every day. Couldn't agree more with you, this is such a great place!

allene

Rough_Rock
Love, love the reset! :love: Now, what are you going to do with the trillions from the prior setting?:wink2:

Good question! I'm very open to suggestions. ;-) Maybe earrings... still thinking!

allene

Rough_Rock
*retrieves jaw from floor*

I LOVE how the rounded double prongs bring some extra texture to the ring. Draws the eye to the center show-stopper without disrupting the "river of light". <3

Perfection.
The proportions of lengths and widths...
The angling...
The proportions of head and finger size...
The juxtaposition of prongs and bezels - visually seamless...
Congratulations @allene and Victor! There is truly just no way this piece could possibly be improved :kiss2:

@elliefire99 & @yssie, that's brilliant, honestly didn't really register all those details and now that you've pointed them out, well, yes, yes of course! Thank you so much!!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Just coming back to add that my initial comment did not adequately capture how floored I am by your ring -- luckily @yssie @Tekate and @LLJsmom are way more eloquent -- so I am just going to echo what others have said, which is more pics please!! In all the lighting conditions and from all the angles!! Seriously, there can never be enough pics of your ring :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@allene don’t forget to add it to Victor’s thread, and please link your thread. :mrgreen2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my... I’m completely floored by this ring! @allene, your stone is absolutely gorgeous, but in this reset - it is simply stunning! It took my breath way, really. Congratulations to you and Victor on this masterpiece!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! It almost feels as if you may have some insider info, @LLJsmom! :) When you mentioned trust: it took exactly that. I have to confess to one moment on my side. Victor did a line sketch to show proportions of the side stones, since we couldn't vet the actual stones prior to the custom cutting. When I saw the sketch, I thought the sides were too big and emailed him to say so... his response was very nice, he explained that once the stones were tilted (when set), it would look different.

I took a deep breath... and replied that as long as the center will be the star (exactly your words!), then full speed ahead. He was so reassuring, he said it would be gorgeous. And the rest, as they say, is history.
I too had a hard time letting go and wasn’t quite as wise as you as I dug into the details and micromanaged more than I needed to. Amazing what can materialize when you find the right craftsman and then you let them do what they do best. I am so happy for you. What a joy it must be every time you look at your hand. I wish I had another stone for Victor to do his magic. Your ring inspires me to keep hunting for that perfect step cut. Thank you for sharing and seriously we would be happy with more random pics at various angles. Upside down, which will show us the basket, closer up on the side stones, anything. Please... They don’t have to be in the perfect environment, just while you’re sitting or watching tv or in the bathroom. I’m not kidding... :mrgreen2:

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW!! This ring is amazing, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results