shape
carat
color
clarity

Very strong blue in vvs2 d color

Jimboslice916

Rough_Rock
when I was purchasing my engagement ring I had a lot of trouble finding pictures of colorless diamonds with fluorescence. All the pictures seemed really blue or hazy. Well I think I purchased a diamond with no ill affects from the very strong blue fluorescence. This is a vvs2 d color 2.01 carats. 046D15E0-7E61-4C53-8514-01DAE728E43E.jpeg 28B775D9-3D58-437B-A2FC-2127846869B4.jpeg CE8D9FFF-4C18-465D-A7C3-B3E0CCA65A16.jpeg 04EAF45F-4275-4135-B7C2-BF6818C84D0B.jpeg

The first photo is outside on a cloudy rainy day
Second photo is in a coffee shop next to the window but on a cloudy day
Third photo is the same as the second but in a biscuit shop
The fourth is on the same cloudy rainy day. The diamond was not as blue in real life but more so in the picture

I did look at the the diamond in almost full sunlight. There was a very slight thin mist of clouds in front of the sun. The diamond appeared less blue than when in the shaded sunlight.

I had the band changed and after I receive it I will take a picture in direct California sun. It will be december by then and I’m not sure if that does anything to the uv strength. All of the original photos were in Portland Oregon

I hope this helps anyone looking for a high color and clarity diamond with vsb. I personally love the effect and I think In my case the diamond has no hazy affect. But then again I could be wrong and I’d like to know By the pros if this diamond does look hazy

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, thanks for posting! I love with how blue it looks in the shade, and I think I would be constantly searching for shade to admire it in:kiss2:

I can't comment on the fluorescence/misty look in yours from these pics as I have zero experience with it in such high color diamonds. However, I will say I have a diamond with strong yellow/green fluoro that definitely does get hazy in the sunshine. It doesn't bother me because the GIA declared it a FCD and it increases the green color. My point is, all that matters is you love it. I love all my stones, "imperfections" and all (not suggesting fluorescence is an imperfection). It just gives them personality!

Jimboslice916

Rough_Rock
Beautiful, thanks for posting! I love with how blue it looks in the shade, and I think I would be constantly searching for shade to admire it in:kiss2:

I can't comment on the fluorescence/misty look in yours from these pics as I have zero experience with it in such high color diamonds. However, I will say I have a diamond with strong yellow/green fluoro that definitely does get hazy in the sunshine. It doesn't bother me because the GIA declared it a FCD and it increases the green color. My point is, all that matters is you love it. I love all my stones, "imperfections" and all (not suggesting fluorescence is an imperfection). It just gives them personality!

I really like it and i don't think i'd want a diamond without that much flourescence. The fourth picture is much more blue than in real life.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that blue/lavender colour, it's so beautiful! And your ring overall is just gorgeous so please post any more pictures you may happen to have or want to share :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!
I’d enjoy looking at that all day too, if it were mine!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, @Jimboslice916!! Your lovely ring has that bluish-pinkish hue in one of the photos. Reminds me of Blake Lively's ring. Congrats!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really pretty and such a nice size! Wear it in good health and best wishes.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful. I am actually a fan of fluorescence even in the higher colours so hope to find something similar one day :) Enjoy your ring!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is ace - why wouldn't one want hints of beautiful lavender colour?! :))

I think @AV_ likes high colour stones with strong fluor, as does @Dancing Fire, and I'd definitely be up for it if I was buying!

(Come on lottery numbers... :lol: )

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
when I was purchasing my engagement ring I had a lot of trouble finding pictures of colorless diamonds with fluorescence. All the pictures seemed really blue or hazy. Well I think I purchased a diamond with no ill affects from the very strong blue fluorescence. This is a vvs2 d color 2.01 carats. 046D15E0-7E61-4C53-8514-01DAE728E43E.jpeg 28B775D9-3D58-437B-A2FC-2127846869B4.jpeg CE8D9FFF-4C18-465D-A7C3-B3E0CCA65A16.jpeg 04EAF45F-4275-4135-B7C2-BF6818C84D0B.jpeg

The first photo is outside on a cloudy rainy day
Second photo is in a coffee shop next to the window but on a cloudy day
Third photo is the same as the second but in a biscuit shop
The fourth is on the same cloudy rainy day. The diamond was not as blue in real life but more so in the picture

I did look at the the diamond in almost full sunlight. There was a very slight thin mist of clouds in front of the sun. The diamond appeared less blue than when in the shaded sunlight.

I had the band changed and after I receive it I will take a picture in direct California sun. It will be december by then and I’m not sure if that does anything to the uv strength. All of the original photos were in Portland Oregon

I hope this helps anyone looking for a high color and clarity diamond with vsb. I personally love the effect and I think In my case the diamond has no hazy affect. But then again I could be wrong and I’d like to know By the pros if this diamond does look hazy

Gorgeous!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

I really don't want to derail the thread, and please forgive me @Jimboslice916. But I would really love to see your green diamond Mrs_Strizzle! I searched your posts, your replies, and I just can't find it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning diamond, stunning ring!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Of course, it's impossible to accurately asses a diamond from pics but.....
If there was an issue of milkiness, it's likely we'd see it - the pics look awesome to me!!
I can even see the blue in some of them- in a great way.
There's been so much discussion on fluorescence lately. It's apparent even some tradespeople aren't really familiar with the benefits possible in the best cases.
There's plenty of VSB stones that are total dogs. This doesn't look like one:)

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I really don't want to derail the thread, and please forgive me @Jimboslice916. But I would really love to see your green diamond Mrs_Strizzle! I searched your posts, your replies, and I just can't find it.

As to not hijack this thread I will pull it out of the safe and add pics with and without the fluorescence to the "Show me your diamonds that fluoresce" thread in the next couple of days (holiday chaos pending).

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
As to not hijack this thread I will pull it out of the safe and add pics with and without the fluorescence to the "Show me your diamonds that fluoresce" thread in the next couple of days (holiday chaos pending).

Appreciate it! Thanks.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That is so beautiful!

Jimboslice916

Rough_Rock

I’d really like to see them

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I need one of these things!

Leigh_

Rough_Rock
I am so obsessed with diamonds with fluorescence. It is incredibly cool to me. LOVE the pics you posted!!

Jimboslice916

Rough_Rock
809BF8C0-7DC1-44AA-8F4F-BE52BB49D619.jpeg E99FC5C3-87C2-4747-A23A-B124428DB26C.jpeg B8606859-5D7F-4A27-828C-3848811906F6.jpeg F014600C-D931-4DF7-A409-89712A44E7D2.jpeg
all these photos are take under direct sunlight In California in December at 1 pm on a cloudless day. again this is a vvs2 d color with ver strong blue flourescence. The third picture is probably the most accurate color when the ring is in direct sunlight. I hope this helps anyone who’s worried about vsb diamonds. They are quite nice in my opinion if it isn’t milky or too dark blue in the sunlight.

Last edited:

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
809BF8C0-7DC1-44AA-8F4F-BE52BB49D619.jpeg E99FC5C3-87C2-4747-A23A-B124428DB26C.jpeg B8606859-5D7F-4A27-828C-3848811906F6.jpeg F014600C-D931-4DF7-A409-89712A44E7D2.jpeg
all these photos are take under direct sunlight In California in December at 1 pm on a cloudless day. again this is a vvs2 d color with ver strong blue flourescence. The third picture is probably the most accurate color when the ring is in direct sunlight. I hope this helps anyone who’s worried about vsb diamonds. They are quite nice in my opinion if it isn’t milky or too dark blue in the sunlight.
Really beautiful, a part time natural blue diamond for the price of a colorless diamond, a pretty good deal for a 2 in 1.
It still amazes me some chant the usual negativity about such diamonds..., I only see two positives..., enjoy this beautiful gem.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely beautiful!

Jimboslice916

Rough_Rock
Really beautiful, a part time natural blue diamond for the price of a colorless diamond, a pretty good deal for a 2 in 1.
It still amazes me some chant the usual negativity about such diamonds..., I only see two positives..., enjoy this beautiful gem.
Oh believe me I was really scared before I got the diamond myself. Almost every picture online has a hazy fog around any diamond with very strong blue flourescence. I guess people don’t like to post their rings with vsb when they don’t really affect the quality of the diamond. Just shut up and let everyone know the specs besides the strong blue flourescence. It is also pretty negligible when you see it in real life since the diamond is so far away from where you are looking at it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say its beautiful! Congrats!

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Beautiful diamond!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that beautiful lavender like shade!

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results