shape
carat
color
clarity

Very few skinny bands, millions of princess cuts and one picky girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K Ray

Rough_Rock
Ok so my best friend''s boyfriend wants to propose to her, so he came to me for advice, yikes.
So through my clever ways I have found out what she wants,
an extremely skinny band with pave or shared prong diamonds half the way around the ring (but would settle for all the way around)
with an emerald or princess cut diamond as the center stone that doesnt sit up too high from the band.
she had small hands and doesnt want a real big flashy ring so 1ct or just shy center stone would do fine.

so the boyfriend and i have done some looking around and have been having some trouble. What she wants is fairly simple but surprisingly hard to find.

any advice on where to look? or would having a custom ring made be worth it or end up being too pricey in the long run?

Here is a pic of the closest thing i could find so far to what she wants:
mdb.jpg

However it has all these extra diamonds on the center stone prongs that i know she will not want...

mdb2.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone!

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
Fortunately for your friend, Tiffany style Pave bands are a dime a dozen on the internet. Here's a few from Exceldiamond.com:
1121_large.jpg
967_large.jpg
1091_large.jpg

Whiteflash.com:
gi_WF-4107_m.jpg
gi_WFR-773_m.jpg

Niceice.com:
dvatche_platinum_22.jpg

Goodoldgold.com:
JC%20Br153HSI1%20finished.jpg

Faycullen.com:
p.jpg
p.jpg

and Bluenile.com:
DM03501700_200zoom.jpg

but I've gotta warn you, ring look totally differet in person than online. So make sure you can return it because without seeing it in person first, there's a good chance it will be returned. He really ought to let her pick out what she thinks is best, because otherwise it's a crap-shoot. And there may be that one in a million setting that's just perfect for her, but without her finding it herself what are the odds he or you will find it for her? Odds are if she's telling him "pave with a skinny band" she's already got one picked out.

As for the pincess cut diamond... get one that's an AGS-0 certified cut. AGS is the only ones evaluating Pincess cuts now and they do a good job of it. If it's an AGS-0, it'll be the best cut you can get.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, the middle one from Exceldiamond.com: is my favorite!!! Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results