shape
carat
color
clarity

Venue boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm, this thread is making me hungry...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2008 3:37:30 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 5/25/2008 1:16:25 PM
Author: surfgirl
Seriously! It''s like restaurant heaven there. Come on Harriet, get another choice! What about Daniel''s? Have you ever been to al di la in Park Slope? It''s an amazing Venetian restaurant with stellar food. Not the elegance of Daniel but still wonderful food and nice atmosphere...
Ooh, we should check out al di la. Daniel''s is on the list. Our second choice is Jean Georges.
well.......there''s always Mickey D''s
2.gif
and i''ll pick up the tab for your party of 8.
16.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, you''re always so generous.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO at DF.

He has a cake version of it? How do you know?
3.gif

I want that cookbook. I wonder how long before it comes out in English. (I guess I could always buy the French version and use Babelfish to translate
31.gif
-that would so not work well!) In actuality I can read some culinary French, but the directions would probably be too much for me-and he does some weird, not normal stuff in his cookbooks...so that could turn out funky.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's on his website: www.pierreherme.com

Or you could become fluent in French.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I think DF MIGHT be persuaded to let you super size your meals AND substitute a shake for soda...but just maybe.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol! That''s the funniest thing I''ve heard you say.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only the best for you!
2.gif

But no asking for an APPLE PIE!!!!!! That would be too much.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The apple pie is on you, right?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 10:04:35 PM
It''s on his website: www.pierreherme.com

Or you could become fluent in French.
2.gif
Oh I''ve tried that route...French 101 and 102. I''m awful at languages. I have been exposed to Spanish my entire life (with 13 years of studying it in school) and I can''t speak it AT ALL. I can understand it a little bit, but fluency in French? Unless maybe I move to France and get exposed to it everyday.

Apple pies and milkshakes? You ladies are cracking me up!!! Poor DF has no idea what he''s in for does he?

***off to hunt through PHs website that looks to be all in French***

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh....

From PH.com "Subtile alliance entre la suavité de la rose et l''acidité de la framboise.
Boissons conseillées : thé, café, chocolat chaud, eau.
Conseil de dégustation et de conservation : à conserver à température ambiante, à l''abri de l''air, sous film."

From Babelfish: "Subtle alliance enters the sweetness of the pink and l'' acidity of raspberry. Advised drinks: the, coffee, hot chocolate, water. The Council of tasting and conservation: to preserve at room temperature, l'' shelter of l'' air, under film."

Cake Ispahan

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you maybe order one of the cakes from his website (do they even deliver to the US?)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt it. La Maison makes their cakes in France and ships them here regularly. Wonder if I can talk them into making the one with rose champagne gelee. Here''s something for you:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty and delicate!!!

(I get to make 2 birthday cakes this week and neither of the recipients would appreciate my exploration of the Ispahan, so I''m sad...I want to try stuff!!!!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can send your experiment my way.
9.gif

Btw, Gwendolyn is asking about Nutella cakes on my Tsav thread.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 10:38:09 PM
The apple pie is on you, right?
Tsk, tsk, typical Bridezilla. Always wanting more
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have SIX guests. Venue and outfits (re-usable ones at that) are our only major concern. Joshing with a friend (yes, Dancing Fire is a friend) hardly constitutes 'Bridezillaness.'

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
ETA: I was joshing with Diamondfan, not Dancing Fire. however, my point still stands.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
H, I think she was teasing you back? You would only be a bridezilla if you would want a SUNDAE and a pie!!!
18.gif
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,
You get funnier everyday.

I hope Purrfectpear was just teasing. If so, I apologise. Unfortunately, she made an untoward comment about my dress budget earlier, to which I responded. If she had replied to clear the air, I would have apologised.

I don't have pie to offer, but how does that macaron above look?
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty good. I am actually craving a nice mango gelati right now...sounds yum. But I have to fit in my gown for my son''s bar mitzvah and have a few months to lose a few of my winter pounds.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any in the freezer? Gelato is harmless.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So are chocolate cupcakes (Of which I have many at the moment!!!)

Dark chocolate cake with dark/milk chocolate ganache as a filling with chocolate Italian buttercream on the outside for my dad (his birthday is tomorrow), and spice cake with cream cheese frosting for FF''s birthday on Saturday.

I called Gwen on the LIW board about the Nutella cake. We''ll see what she says...

I might experiment a bit with Ispahan stuff this week, but I''d have to use rosewater because I have no time to order rose syrup...And I''m thinking I''d have to use canned lychee.
40.gif
But I''d still get an idea of the flavor! (Hopefully!)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 11:22:44 PM
Caroline,
You get funnier everyday.

I hope Purrfectpear was just teasing. If so, I apologise. Unfortunately, she made an untoward comment about my dress budget earlier, to which I responded. If she had replied to clear the air, I would have apologised.

I don''t have pie to offer, but how does that macaron above look?
1.gif
Good grief, of COURSE it was a joke. You were teasing about wanting an extra apple pie, after DF offered to spring for Micke yD''s. Unless you''re really taking the golden arches as your venue, I would HOPE it was all in good fun.

You know you''re a bit touchy about me IMO. I realize that on the net sometimes things get misconstrued but I made no "untoward" comment about your dress. My comment was something in the vein of you appearing to have a nice budget (since your two dresses were from well known couture designers). I sincerely apologize if you felt that my acknowledgment of that fact was some major faux pas
33.gif
In my set we might not discuss actual costs, but we sure don''t have to go around pretending we''re not well off (seriously it''s sort of obvious from outside accoutrements). Sorry if I offended.

So in summary, "Bridezilla" after asking for apple pie when Mickey D''s was discussed was indeed a joke
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phew. Then I'm sorry.

We don't dicuss budgets in our circle either. Apology accepted, as I hope mine will be.
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:28:28 AM
Author: FrekeChild
So are chocolate cupcakes (Of which I have many at the moment!!!)

Dark chocolate cake with dark/milk chocolate ganache as a filling with chocolate Italian buttercream on the outside for my dad (his birthday is tomorrow), and spice cake with cream cheese frosting for FF''s birthday on Saturday.

I called Gwen on the LIW board about the Nutella cake. We''ll see what she says...

I might experiment a bit with Ispahan stuff this week, but I''d have to use rosewater because I have no time to order rose syrup...And I''m thinking I''d have to use canned lychee.
40.gif
But I''d still get an idea of the flavor! (Hopefully!)
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gelati from Rita's has custard in it! Not so user friendly!

Also, one may not discuss dollars, but certainly certain designers are pricey and that is something that is pretty known. I do not want to speak for anyone, but doubt anything improper was being implied...just an awareness that you have a nice budget and are lucky to be able to get the things you want...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s not discuss this further, since we''ve cleared ths air. I think Purrfectpear, you and myself should hit MickeyD''s for sundaes and apple pie. Sound good?
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I get fries with my shake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results