shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s terribly sad. We are going through the same with my FIL. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. We can only send one person per day in the hospital, but when they move him to ‘rehab’ it is a zero visitor policy. This is his end of life and he has to be alone....his DW isn’t handling this well at all.
Also, my DD is having a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow and I can’t accompany her either. I seriously am struggling with these restrictions.

Fingers crossed @kipari You totally did the kind thing...as they say, no good deed goes unpunished! Stay well!!

I’m sorry @Slick1 I’m sorry you and your family are going through this...Big hugs..❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My poor toddler tripped and fell at daycare today and hit her mouth pretty badly- one of her front teeth is definitely out of place, she has damage to the gums and she had bleeding all afternoon. Sadly there’s not much to do for baby teeth, but I am taking her to the dentist tomorrow to check it out. But she won’t eat or drink! Please cross your fingers for me that she will at least try a popsicle tomorrow!

Oh no @FL_runner My son, who’s 45 now, knocked out his baby tooth jumping in his bed when he was a toddler..I had to quickly dip it in milk and put it back in. It actually took and stayed in until his adult tooth came in. I got a few white hairs over that one... I hope she eats something soon...

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no @FL_runner My son, who’s 45 now, knocked out his baby tooth jumping in his bed when he was a toddler..I had to quickly dip it in milk and put it back in. It actually took and stayed in until his adult tooth came in. I got a few white hairs over that one... I hope she eats something soon...
Around lunch time she decided she was hungry after all! So we were able to do soft foods today. The dentist confirmed two of her teeth were displaced from the socket so we are going to see if they survive. In the end they’re just baby teeth, the good thing is that the adult teeth are looking OK and weren’t damaged! Very relieved!!!

Thank you so much for asking!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Around lunch time she decided she was hungry after all! So we were able to do soft foods today. The dentist confirmed two of her teeth were displaced from the socket so we are going to see if they survive. In the end they’re just baby teeth, the good thing is that the adult teeth are looking OK and weren’t damaged! Very relieved!!!

I’m so happy she ate lunch! What a relief her adult teeth are okay!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good news about the adult teeth!!!

Poor baby!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful update!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silver lining: my friend has tested negative.

She has to continue to isolate and take another test in a couple of days to be 100% sure, but I was relieved!!

That is great news. Fingers crossed you and your family remain Covid free. It's looking good. How are your children doing @kipari? Keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I am keeping good thoughts for you and your family and sending gentle hugs. Life is very challenging right now and I hold you in my heart.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Thank you Sharon!
@missy thank you!

My 7 y/o has gotten her first pair of glasses (first in this family b sides DH) and she's sooooo proud).

Waiting impatiently for the 26th.
Hugs to you guys!
I hope you and your family remain healthy as well .
I read about the blood work up thread. Has this issue been solved?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putting this here as it doesn't fit anywhere else and is sort of a vent...

My stepfather is in the hospital. Taken by ambulance last night. Very very sick. His heart rate was in the low 30s. It has been horrible on my mother. She wasn't allowed in the ambulance but was told he could have one visitor. She drove herself to the emergency room to be with him. Talk of horribly sick and needing a pacemaker before they even did an echocardiogram or anything. Plus telling her it will be 50% out of pocket. They got him a room in the hospital (out of emergency room) and made her leave. He is stressing out and wants to leave. She is stressing out about him stressing out. His heart rate has sat between 26 bpm and 35 bpm since the paramedics arrived.

Turns out that one of the best cardiac hospitals in the country is in their insurance network, but the hospital he is at spent all day pretending to attempt a transfer to placate them. It wasn't until they pushed and contacted the other hospital directly that the Dr said he is not stable enough to transport except by specially equipped ambulance. The other hospital agreed with that assessment and refuses to take anyone needing that specialty transport (27 miles away at 35 minutes going speed limit). Oh, but they will take him if she just drives him in her car... Thanks. So he is not stable enough to move except that super special ambulance. Way to put them in position of going with a B quality hospital facing the (unlikely but still stressful) possibility of paying 1/2 of a hospital stay and cardiac surgery out of pocket or getting desperate and driving him that half hour hoping he doesn't die along the way.

He and I have very seldom gotten along, but I don't like to see anyone go through this and I am awfully worried about my mom.

ETA: Other than the pretty common issue of high blood pressure that he takes meds for, he has never had heart trouble. He isn't even 60 yet!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My stepfather is in the hospital. Taken by ambulance last night. Very very sick. His heart rate was in the low 30s. It has been horrible on my mother. She wasn't allowed in the ambulance but was told he could have one visitor. She drove herself to the emergency room to be with him. Talk of horribly sick and needing a pacemaker before they even did an echocardiogram or anything. Plus telling her it will be 50% out of pocket. They got him a room in the hospital (out of emergency room) and made her leave. He is stressing out and wants to leave. She is stressing out about him stressing out. His heart rate has sat between 26 bpm and 35 bpm since the paramedics arrived.

Turns out that one of the best cardiac hospitals in the country is in their insurance network, but the hospital he is at spent all day pretending to attempt a transfer to placate them. It wasn't until they pushed and contacted the other hospital directly that the Dr said he is not stable enough to transport except by specially equipped ambulance. The other hospital agreed with that assessment and refuses to take anyone needing that specialty transport (27 miles away at 35 minutes going speed limit). Oh, but they will take him if she just drives him in her car... Thanks. So he is not stable enough to move except that super special ambulance. Way to put them in position of going with a B quality hospital facing the (unlikely but still stressful) possibility of paying 1/2 of a hospital stay and cardiac surgery out of pocket or getting desperate and driving him that half hour hoping he doesn't die along the way.

He and I have very seldom gotten along, but I don't like to see anyone go through this and I am awfully worried about my mom.

ETA: Other than the pretty common issue of high blood pressure that he takes meds for, he has never had heart trouble. He isn't even 60 yet!

Ugh I am so sorry @TooPatient. Sending your family bucketloads of healing wishes and you gentle hugs. I hope your stepfather gets the necessary care and he will be OK. It is super frustrating how they make it so difficult to get the best care and how hard it is to allow our loved ones to be by our side due to this pandemic. IMO much of this is unnecessary and just allows for poorer patient care. It's a travesty. Best wishes for your stepfather and family.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

I’m so sorry- maybe take this up with the patient advocate or hospital admin to push for the transfer??? It’s true, with a HR that low they wouldn’t want to risk him just driving in a car- but it’s wrong to keep him in the original hospital if the other one is cardiac specialty and is in his insurance network- this just shows how messed up US hospital systems are unfortunately and it’s so frustrating to have a family member stuck in this mess.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry- maybe take this up with the patient advocate or hospital admin to push for the transfer??? It’s true, with a HR that low they wouldn’t want to risk him just driving in a car- but it’s wrong to keep him in the original hospital if the other one is cardiac specialty and is in his insurance network- this just shows how messed up US hospital systems are unfortunately and it’s so frustrating to have a family member stuck in this mess.

The cardiac hospital won't accept him due to the special transport needed. My mom doesn't want to risk a car ride. She has talked with people at both hospitals and everyone is saying leave him where he is. They are okay with cardiac stuff so hopefully able to manage this. It is frustrating for me to be sitting here getting updates from my aunt (mom too stressed to do updates for all so her sister is passing on info) who is getting the information from my mom (who deals with anxiety and doesn't question what any Dr says so seldom asks any questions).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its school holidays here (are they ever at school :angryfire: )
For the 10th time a plastic water gun thing has ended up over our fence
Im so sick of them throwing their sh*t over the fence. I have still to find the other half of a beer bottle after i picked up the other 11
alao i pizza box
i just stormed outside and biffed them both back over the fence:angryfire:
honestly if we had left our toys out all over the neighbourhod like they do my mother would have confiscated them and we wouldn't have got new ones either :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I've wasted an entire year of my life strictly isolating at home due to COVID pre-cautions due to my health risks. And will probably be another year until I feel comfortable with the COVID situation to resume normal life. It's tempting to want to leave the house, but a lot of people I know have gotten COVID, so odds of not getting it aren't great. I don't really know what to do at home as I'm an opposite of a home body. I've done all the possible activities, but it all seems like a waste of time to me and gratitude only gets you so far...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I've wasted an entire year of my life strictly isolating at home due to COVID pre-cautions due to my health risks. And will probably be another year until I feel comfortable with the COVID situation to resume normal life. It's tempting to want to leave the house, but a lot of people I know have gotten COVID, so odds of not getting it aren't great. I don't really know what to do at home as I'm an opposite of a home body. I've done all the possible activities, but it all seems like a waste of time to me and gratitude only gets you so far...

I'm sorry. It has been a very different year. Glad you are staying home and safe even though it is unpleasant.

What about online classes? Is there anything that interests you related to your career or hobbies? Lots of universities are doing free classes on various topics. (I just did an all day class on forestry learning all about how to grow a healthy forest and log sustainably. Lots more recorded sessions I can watch in beavers, making your forest a place the wildlife can thrive, fire prevention, and more.)
Udacity, Coursera, and various others do free courses that can be very good on a huge assortment of topics. You can even choose to pay for a certificate of completion if you want. There was a master gardener class offered virtually last summer.

I know it isn't the same, but might help pass the time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too sick to transport. Got lucky and a good Dr came in. They did an angiogram first hoping to have an alternative. No luck that way unfortunately. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Pacemaker will end his career. Can't do the work he does as a welder with one of these. Years from any chance at retiring. Not able to live on what my mother makes.

This whole thing frustrates me no end. All of it. She shouldn't be in her physically demanding low paying job. I tried to help her get qualified for a job she could sustain. The hospital. COVID. All of it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Went out to get an ice cream from the ice cream van lady tonight to find someone had dumped garden rubbish on our grass verge
And i can't blame the neighbour's because they don't have a rhododendron
What am i now surposed to do with it ?.
Gary says put it in the middle of the road with a sign on it
Our attempts at rewilding are being mistaken for we don't care which is the polar opposite of our intentions

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have definatly wasted a year of my life due to stupid covid

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too sick to transport. Got lucky and a good Dr came in. They did an angiogram first hoping to have an alternative. No luck that way unfortunately. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Pacemaker will end his career. Can't do the work he does as a welder with one of these. Years from any chance at retiring. Not able to live on what my mother makes.

This whole thing frustrates me no end. All of it. She shouldn't be in her physically demanding low paying job. I tried to help her get qualified for a job she could sustain. The hospital. COVID. All of it.

Dear @TooPatient I am so sorry. I hope the surgery goes well today. Try not looking too far ahead right now and just take it one day at a time. Sending your family continued well wishes and you gentle hugs. ((((Hugs)))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went out to get an ice cream from the ice cream van lady tonight to find someone had dumped garden rubbish on our grass verge
And i can't blame the neighbour's because they don't have a rhododendron
What am i now surposed to do with it ?.
Gary says put it in the middle of the road with a sign on it
Our attempts at rewilding are being mistaken for we don't care which is the polar opposite of our intentions

ugh, can you set up a security camera to see who is dumping stuff on your property? Or is this a one off thing? I'm sorry @Daisys and Diamonds some people are disgusting. Hope you got the ice cream anyway and enjoyed it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F‘ing migraines. :angryfire:

That is all.

1616503168067.png

This is how I feel this morning too.

Not sure if you migraine is weather related, but mine sometimes are. An actual meteorologist, trained in the weather sciences (whatever the fvck that is/are) can't accurately tell when it's going to rain... but *I* can.

Ugh.

Hang in there.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1616503168067.png

Not sure if you migraine is weather related, but mine sometimes are. An actual meteorologist, trained in the weather sciences (whatever the fvck that is/are) can't accurately tell when it's going to rain... but *I* can.

Ugh.

Hang in there.

Mine aren’t weather related, as far as I’ve noticed. They just like to pop up randomly and take a crap on my day. I’m sorry to hear you have them too (and, good lord, I hope you don’t have them every time it rains). :oops2:

I remember seeing a thread about migraines, a while back, so I’m pretty sure we’re in good (if occasionally miserable) company here. :lol:

72EAB9D2-8A79-4E7D-BCE7-3A133DF2F679.jpeg

5418A81A-BE9B-456A-BD22-01B75DDF0059.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh, can you set up a security camera to see who is dumping stuff on your property? Or is this a one off thing? I'm sorry @Daisys and Diamonds some people are disgusting. Hope you got the ice cream anyway and enjoyed it.

Not really an option right now
it happened a few times to us in wellington to -
I think we are going to have to give up mow the lawn eventually
i was hoping to put down a clover lawn out there but i think to some that will also look untendered
To me it looks lush and green

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1616503168067.png

Ugh.

Hang in there.

I don't know why people don't sue the met office
i would hate to be dependent on the weather forecast like a farmer or a fisherman is

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now im pi**ed off at death
My freind in NJ has passed away
she didn't keep in good health, and had lived with pain for a long time and i know she had problems with a recent lack of appetite but this has come as a horrible surprise this morning

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results