shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I am so sorry. While wet face masks might not be *as* effective they still offer some protection so fingers crossed you’ll be ok.

I hope your friend and her dh are ok too.

And wishing your kids an easy recovery from their current illness and may you remain well. (((Hugs)))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I am so sorry. While wet face masks might not be *as* effective they still offer some protection so fingers crossed you’ll be ok.

I hope your friend and her dh are ok too.

And wishing your kids an easy recovery from their current illness and may you remain well. (((Hugs)))

Thank you @missy!!
Wishing you and yours the same!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom got a stage 4 bed sore in a really nice, expensive rehab center recommended by the hospital. I’m trying to find skilled nursing for her near me because she will be discharged on the 22nd. I’m so stressed out. Please send dust for a happy ending to the nursing facility I’m trying to get her in to. Trouble is they have a hundred forms and documents that I need to fill out and supply. I don’t know that I can get it done in time..and have them accept her. They wouldn’t say whether they have a bed until I fill everything out. Prayers are also greatly appreciated....Thank you ❤️

Sending healing vibes across the miles.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@kipari while I dislike adages, when it rain it pours. You are a great Mom and keep your family safe and well. Healing vibes across the km's.

yours in friendship--Sharon

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My poor toddler tripped and fell at daycare today and hit her mouth pretty badly- one of her front teeth is definitely out of place, she has damage to the gums and she had bleeding all afternoon. Sadly there’s not much to do for baby teeth, but I am taking her to the dentist tomorrow to check it out. But she won’t eat or drink! Please cross your fingers for me that she will at least try a popsicle tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My poor toddler tripped and fell at daycare today and hit her mouth pretty badly- one of her front teeth is definitely out of place, she has damage to the gums and she had bleeding all afternoon. Sadly there’s not much to do for baby teeth, but I am taking her to the dentist tomorrow to check it out. But she won’t eat or drink! Please cross your fingers for me that she will at least try a popsicle tomorrow!

Yikes! No fun. Mouth pain. Unhappy toddler. Unhappy parents.

Ice chips, popsicle chips, cool compact on face, and pediatric Tylenol?

thinking of your and yours--Sharon

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! No fun. Mouth pain. Unhappy toddler. Unhappy parents.

Ice chips, popsicle chips, cool compact on face, and pediatric Tylenol?

thinking of your and yours--Sharon

We did the ice pack and I managed to get some Tylenol in her but she turned down ice chips, water, juice, popsicles, ice cream and a smoothie! She has such a mind of her own. Thanks for the good thoughts!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did the ice pack and I managed to get some Tylenol in her but she turned down ice chips, water, juice, popsicles, ice cream and a smoothie! She has such a mind of her own. Thanks for the good thoughts!!!

Oh she must be so sore to pass up on all of that
Im sure she'll wake up starving and thirsty

im cough cough 49
i get extra grumpy when im thirsty

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course you did!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe can you give her some pain meds like Tylenol or ibuprofen? Also there are oral gels for gum pain that may help numb it a bit. When in doubt my kids would always cave for a “ special” milkshake from... McDonalds. We would make it sound like a big deal.I recall those desperate times. Now my kids are teens! Good luck

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@kipari while I dislike adages, when it rain it pours. You are a great Mom and keep your family safe and well. Healing vibes across the km's.

yours in friendship--Sharon

Thank you for your kindness and friendship Sharon!❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, poor little thing!

I'm so sorry. Tooth pain is so bad!
Healing vibes to her!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending dust @MamaBee ! So difficult trying to do the right thing for our parents. Hoping you can get her into the "good"
facility!

Thank you @tyty333 It’s been a role reversal now..She depends on me for everything...The stress is through the roof...Covid makes everything harder to accomplish..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrrrrrrrrrr at THAT interview!

I did not watch it, however, the nuclear fallout continues in the newspapers and social media.

DK :roll2: :wall:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A family friend is in hospice. He has stage 4 lung cancer. It came on so fast...

I think the worst thing about it, is that because he is so immunocompromised, he can neither see people in person, or risk getting a vaccine. His state deepens my contempt for people who don't take this seriously, as he is entirely at the mercy of herd immunity (or lack thereof).

I can't think of a worse time to slowly die, alone. It is breaking my heart.

Thank goodness at least for video technology. That is the only way many people in his life will get to say goodbye.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A family friend is in hospice. He has stage 4 lung cancer. It came on so fast...

I think the worst thing about it, is that because he is so immunocompromised, he can neither see people in person, or risk getting a vaccine. His state deepens my contempt for people who don't take this seriously, as he is entirely at the mercy of herd immunity (or lack thereof).

Thank goodness at least for video technology. That is the only way many people in his life will get to say goodbye.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. :(

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so my day was horrible yesterday. Got woken up by bad news from my kid's school , two youngest kids are sick (no covid but contagious), ran around trying to get doctor's appointments for them (harder than ever due to covid) and got soaking wet a few times by unexpected heavy rain showers.

One of those times it started raining abruptly and very heavily during lunchtime pickup.

I was parked right in front and got back into my car, offering shelter to my friend who was parked far away.
We're masked outside, always as is the law here. But the masks were wet from the rain.
Her DH has already had Covid.

Guess where this is going?

Right.

Today poor her informs me that her DH has tested positive AGAIN this morning. He's military and gets tested every week.
She's a contact case and has to isolate for 2 weeks.

I'm under no obligation to do anything at all the moment, but will, of course continue to not see anyone , mask & distance if I have to pick up the kids. They still have to go to school, though (no doubt about that, asked the school).

Gahhhhhhh I've been so careful. We did wear surgical masks, but they were wet.

Silver lining: my friend has tested negative.

She has to continue to isolate and take another test in a couple of days to be 100% sure, but I was relieved!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is so sad. I'm sorry. Gentle hugs

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s terribly sad. We are going through the same with my FIL. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. We can only send one person per day in the hospital, but when they move him to ‘rehab’ it is a zero visitor policy. This is his end of life and he has to be alone....his DW isn’t handling this well at all.
Also, my DD is having a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow and I can’t accompany her either. I seriously am struggling with these restrictions.

Fingers crossed @kipari You totally did the kind thing...as they say, no good deed goes unpunished! Stay well!!

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s terribly sad. We are going through the same with my FIL. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. We can only send one person per day in the hospital, but when they move him to ‘rehab’ it is a zero visitor policy. This is his end of life and he has to be alone....his DW isn’t handling this well at all.
Also, my DD is having a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow and I can’t accompany her either. I seriously am struggling with these restrictions.

Fingers crossed @kipari You totally did the kind thing...as they say, no good deed goes unpunished! Stay well!!

Oh no, sorry about your FIL. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like for his wife ☹️

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DD!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

It's so hard to balance physical and mental health, ya know? Devastating all around. There is no easy option.

So sorry for your husband and the rest of your family.

Hope your DD recovers soon toon - those procedures are very stressful.

Hugs to you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silver lining: my friend has tested negative.

She has to continue to isolate and take another test in a couple of days to be 100% sure, but I was relieved!!

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep well!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry for your struggles! Such are these times!!!!!!!!!! Hugs if I could....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so sorry @Cerulean It‘s just heartbreaking...:cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results