shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor pictures and owner pictures of PS stones

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Arcadian - that spinel is going to look fantastic against your skin colour. Beautiful! Could we have some hand shots, please?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gene''s picture from PrecisionGem.

Comments:

Gem 674 - Emerald - 0.29 ct. A round stone from Brazil. This emerald has not been treated after cutting. There was some baby oil on the rough when I bought it, which is a common practice the dealers do so that they can see into the stone better. I would think it all cut out. The stone measures 4.32 mm. Color 3+, Clarity 3-

emearla.png

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My shot of the emerald. My picture is shows the color to be much lighter than it really is, but it is a very bright stone that flashes the bright green color that shows in my picture. The picture was taken with flash indoors.

emerala12.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian, Haagen Daz, and szh those are just stunning stones.

A--- that Spinel looks like it glows! Does it have it's own thread?

HD ---- Very nice Sapphire!

Szh --- Very pretty color in that Emerald!

Edited for spelling...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 9:48:45 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Arcadian, Haagen Daz, and szh those are just stunning stones.

A--- that Spinel looks like it glows! Does it have it''s own thread?

HD ---- Very nice Sapphire!

Szh --- Very pretty color in that Emerald!

Edited for spelling...

I''m pretty sure I put a thread up somewhere. I''m holding off on setting it at this time though.

In sunlight and its ultra mega glowy but tends to turn redder.

-A

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Dana''s photo from MasterCutGems. His notes: This is a very lovely Montana Gem. The brilliance is great and the color is not washed out. This is a fine gem from an American location. this is Rock Creek Sapphire Material.

Its .69 carats/5 mm and I bought it during his sale.

vendorsphoto_MCGsapphire.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Below are two of my real life pics. Sometimes its blue-er with a slight tilt window and sometimes its this blueish silver incredibly sparkly color. His pic got the sparkle right, but not the color, as its got more blue and less gray than that. Its so much better IRL than in his photo.

MCGsapphire_vendorphotocomp.jpg

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello all. I am very excited to finally be able to contribute to the "colored" forum. Here''s my new pink tourmaline from Barry Bridgestock, I couldn''t be happier with it.
In the photo collage below, the first image is from Barry, very representative of the true color. I tried catching some fire in the photos, as I like to do with diamonds. I also tried taking a photo through an idealscope to show the cut, it looks just like a snowflake (very hard to photograph). And finally, a photo of the finished ring, LOGR setting, no upgrades.
Thank you all for the education, this forum has been very helpful.

1001smiles-pink-tourmaline.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow 1001, that is gorgeous!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:15:08 PM
Author: 1001smiles
Hello all. I am very excited to finally be able to contribute to the ''colored'' forum. Here''s my new pink tourmaline from Barry Bridgestock, I couldn''t be happier with it.

In the photo collage below, the first image is from Barry, very representative of the true color. I tried catching some fire in the photos, as I like to do with diamonds. I also tried taking a photo through an idealscope to show the cut, it looks just like a snowflake (very hard to photograph). And finally, a photo of the finished ring, LOGR setting, no upgrades.

Thank you all for the education, this forum has been very helpful.

Beautiful ring and stone. Does it have its own thread? I for one would love one, that is my dream setting, I would love to hear and see more if you have the time!
30.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
1001, OMG, that''s such a verrry elegant and beautiful ring (both the setting & the pink tourmaline). I do hope you make a thread for it.
30.gif
5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphire from precisiongem.com

Vendor pic:
original.aspx

My pics:

IMG6944.JPG

IMG6946.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Yehey, been waiting to see the RL pics of MTG''s blue sapphire from gene & finally it''s here.

...Such a pretty gem. One of the best & rich blue sapphires here in PS that I''ve seen.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Novel -- nice sapphire! I bet it really sparkles.

1001smiles -- very nice tourm. I really like Barry''s cutting style for rounds.

MTG -- WOW cool cut and color!!

Thanks for sharing!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the new tsav purchased from Swala. It was a quick picture. stone has no window to speak of (its my angle)

-A

arctsavvendormyphoto.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it would be interesting to put this after Arcadian''s as this Tsav is from the same parcel as hers. Swala''s photo on the left is actually what I see - my photo on the right is my best attempt and isn''t a good representation (sorry)!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Dan''s photo is very accurate for indoors with my photos being closer to outside (without the hint of olive my pictures show).

dsoyotourm1.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Barry''s picture, as always, is very accurate if not a little understated.

bbcoraltourm.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Dan described this tourmaline as pink orange, but I don''t think his vendor photo shows much of the orange side. You can see it more in my photos. To be fair, the stone shifts color quite a bit.

dspinkorangetourm1.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
My recent purchase: 5.64 ct Reddish Orange Spess (Step cut oval 9x10.6x6.4mm)

VENDOR PIC

spess_WP_Vendorpic.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
My RL Photo shoot (indoor shots (morning) & 1 direct sunlight (noon))

WP_Spess_Montage.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely stone Blithsome. BTW, I just got my Afghan tourmaline rough recut thanks to you!!
2.gif

4.46 ct and is 9.4 mm wide. The rough was 15 carats, so he managed to get a good yield. There are some inclusions, but he said they're less noticable in person.

ETA: That's NOT my hand, but the lapidaries'.

TLAfghan_cut.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
OMG TL, that turns out sooo lovely! My pleasure to help and I''m glad you contacted him to recut your tourmaline. He''s a really nice guy & I think his cuts are stunning just like what he did on your rough. Is that a Fuego Verde cut? Whatever cut it is, it''s definitely beautiful. Congrats!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 12:10:06 AM
Author: blithesome71
OMG TL, that turns out sooo lovely! My pleasure to help and I''m glad you contacted him to recut your tourmaline. He''s a really nice guy & I think his cuts are stunning just like what he did on your rough. Is that a Fuego Verde cut? Whatever cut it is, it''s definitely beautiful. Congrats!
36.gif
Yes Blithsome, I think that is his Fuego Verde cut. Thanks again for the recommendation, and I''m sorry to all that I posted it in this vendor photo thread. I thought this was the eye candy sticky thread for some reason.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
^^ You''re forgiven
9.gif
BTW, I''m putting off my spess recut project for awhile. I really want a concave cut but Jerry doesn''t do concave facetting & RH''s quote is out of my budget range for a gem recut... So there. Later*

Keep those nice photos comin''....
5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry''s spinel
Vendor photo:
bbbbluesp.jpg

My photos:
IMG2679.JPG

IMG2684.JPG

IMG2701.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I feel really lucky because I think in the case of my new ruby-diamond ring, the ruby turns out to be much more beautiful (2 pics on the right) than the pictures shown by the seller (2 pictures on the left).

ComparisonZhuzhu.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 8:39:34 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Swala''s photo''s

swalaltfspinelstock.jpg

My pics

sugarloaftsavspinel13.jpg

sugarloaftsavspinel12.jpg
LtlF,
Which photo is more accurate? Yours or Eric''s?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the lighting. Eric''s is the spinel at it''s best, that just does not happen every often. His hand shot I think was a bit more accurate, but still shows the spinel at it''s absolute brightest.

My pictures have the right color, but are missing the "glow." It is not as sleepy as the bottom picture would suggest.

I guess it is a hard question to answer, because sometimes it looks pink, sometimes it is more of a red/pink, sometimes it is just a pink glow, and sometimes a pink glow with a little purple in the middle (I captured that on photo, I should put it up).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results