shape
carat
color
clarity

Vegas Restaurant Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok my lovely PSers, I''m looking for a restaurant in a hotel on the strip. I''m hoping for something that isn''t exclusively asian (asian fusion is ok), and kid friendly is necessary (roasted chicken or something similar, because of a picky eater, not an age thing). I really want to stay away from The Bellagio for this though.

American, seafood, Italian, Steakhouse, Global, French, Californian type restaurants are preferred.

Around $30-40 for an entree is about the price point we''re looking for.

This is for dinner after our wedding ceremony, so we''d like it to be somewhat nice, but we''re not looking for it to be super elegant or posh. I''m actually considering doing something thats just fun instead of *nice* like BLTBurger (alcoholic milkshakes anyone?!). Our wedding is at Mandalay Bay, but distance isn''t really a big deal since dinner won''t be until quite a bit after the ceremony. Right now restaurants that are on my radar include: Postrio at Venetian, Daniel Boulud''s at Wynn, Aquaknox at Venetian, and I''d love to do Aureole at Mandalay Bay, but I think that would only be possible if the guest list dropped considerably. Meh.

We''ll be staying at Mandalay Bay, but I''m imagining that our guests will be more scattered on the strip. So location isn''t a big deal at all.

Anyway, any suggestions? I need help narrowing them down so good and bad reviews are VERY welcome!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andres the Original one. YUMMY! My favorite.

But honestly, the 24 hour cafe at Mandalay had good solid food. I forgot which one it is. the service was spotty (but we were there at 1 am), and it was kid and adult friendly.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
There were only too in that price range that I remember. They are really good, they are owned by the same people.

I think one is called FIX in the Bellagio

The other is Stack in the Mirage

I did a lot of research on this, the food was a fortune when we were there. Hope this helps.

ETA: Sorry, didn't realize you were trying to stay away from the Bellagio. Stack is American food with a twist, it is fun.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I was going to suggest Stack, too. They have ice cream cones for desserts and you can order little mini corn dogs as appetizers. It''s really fun, but still an upscale restaurant.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stack sounds very interesting...I hadn''t considered anything at the Mirage. And I don''t know why, considering we stayed there in December! Thanks guys, that sounds like it''d be a people pleaser for sure.

Where else?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:11:18 AM
Author:FrekeChild
Ok my lovely PSers, I''m looking for a restaurant in a hotel on the strip. I''m hoping for something that isn''t exclusively asian (asian fusion is ok), and kid friendly is necessary (roasted chicken or something similar, because of a picky eater, not an age thing). I really want to stay away from The Bellagio for this though.

American, seafood, Italian, Steakhouse, Global, French, Californian type restaurants are preferred.

Around $30-40 for an entree is about the price point we''re looking for.

This is for dinner after our wedding ceremony, so we''d like it to be somewhat nice, but we''re not looking for it to be super elegant or posh. I''m actually considering doing something thats just fun instead of *nice* like BLTBurger (alcoholic milkshakes anyone?!). Our wedding is at Mandalay Bay, but distance isn''t really a big deal since dinner won''t be until quite a bit after the ceremony. Right now restaurants that are on my radar include: Postrio at Venetian, Daniel Boulud''s at Wynn, Aquaknox at Venetian, and I''d love to do Aureole at Mandalay Bay, but I think that would only be possible if the guest list dropped considerably. Meh.

We''ll be staying at Mandalay Bay, but I''m imagining that our guests will be more scattered on the strip. So location isn''t a big deal at all.

Anyway, any suggestions? I need help narrowing them down so good and bad reviews are VERY welcome!!!! Thank you so much!!!

That sounds utterly heavenly I want one
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee--that's what we celebrated with after he proposed!!!! Well I did, since he doesn't drink. Now I'm craving it again...this is your fault!!

BLTBurger

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:28:59 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Dee--that's what we celebrated with after he proposed!!!! Well I did, since he doesn't drink. Now I'm craving it again...this is your fault!!

BLTBurger

That is so freaking cool :), I love it

OMG they loook so good, their whole menu looks really good
drool.gif
those shakes appeal to my alchol should not taste like alchol - I think I need to buy a milkshake machine or add one to the registry
36.gif

ETA: When I get to vegas one day thats the first place I am hitting :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:37:36 AM
Author: Deelight
Date: 3/17/2009 3:28:59 AM
Dee--that''s what we celebrated with after he proposed!!!! Well I did, since he doesn''t drink. Now I''m craving it again...this is your fault!!

BLTBurger
That is so freaking cool :), I love it

OMG they loook so good, their whole menu looks really good
drool.gif
those shakes appeal to my alchol should not taste like alchol - I think I need to buy a milkshake machine or add one to the registry
36.gif

ETA: When I get to vegas one day thats the first place I am hitting :D
You know, I have a vegan friend that was totally drooling over their menu before we left. We sat in class and poured over the website and she was ready to give up being a vegan if she could go eat the stuff. It was awesome, and you need to hit it up when you go to Vegas someday.

And your milkshake machine idea?
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
My mouth is still watering looking at those pics, I don''t eat a lot of take away type foods but a good juciy burger get me everytime.

I would love to go to Vegas, not sure when but hopefully within the next couple of years :), in the mean time I could go down the coast and order a scrummy thickshake there and bring a hip flask with me
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO!!!! Nice! You''ll have to take pictures!!
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Freke- I'm a pretty big fan of Maggiano's. It's actually in Fashion Show Mall on the 3rd floor, but has a wall of windows that looks out over the strip.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
You are getting married in VEGAS?? We are thinking of doing this. Do you have a thread with details?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 4:33:00 AM
LMAO!!!! Nice! You''ll have to take pictures!!
3.gif

I will along with the wallabies
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with the suggestions for Stack. I lived out there for a year and it was hands down my favorite! Really good and fun food!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:27:20 AM
Author: meresal
Freke- I''m a pretty big fan of Maggiano''s. It''s actually in Fashion Show Mall on the 3rd floor, but has a wall of windows that looks out over the strip.
Whats the ambiance like?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:53:32 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
You are getting married in VEGAS?? We are thinking of doing this. Do you have a thread with details?
Lol. Yes we are. January 9, 2010. I don''t really have one thread with all of the details, but there are several floating around in BWW with some of my details, like my dress, accessories, etc. I should probably make a thread one of these days...There are actually quite a few BIW who are getting married in Vegas soon, and we''ve all started threads about it at some point or another. I''m sure if you do a search for "Vegas wedding" a bunch of threads will pop up.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:30:57 AM
Author: CrookedRock
I have to agree with the suggestions for Stack. I lived out there for a year and it was hands down my favorite! Really good and fun food!
Ok, well with what I''ve seen of Stack so far, I like a lot. I mean, tomato soup with mini grilled cheese? Buffalo wings and shrimp cocktail? Those are some of my favorite foods! So I think I''ll look into it some more and show FI that menu (he gets to nix stuff if he doesn''t like the look of the menu) but that sounds like it''d have a lot of food for the picky eaters as well as being nice enough for what I want. Whats the ambiance like?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Postrio is pretty good.

My favorite recent meal was at CraftSteak at MGM. REALLY yummy steaks and the fingerling potatoes were perfect! I liked the atmosphere here a lot, and they had a couple of side rooms that were fairly private.

It isn''t on the strip but I love Hugo''s Cellar at the 4 Queens on Fremont Street. Sounds odd, I know. But great food and even better service.

N9NE at the Palms is good, really neat atmosphere.

I''ll think of more, I''m sure!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy Craftsteak. Anything Tom Colicchio is a go in my book (providing that it''s in the price range).

Tell me about Hugo''s Cellar and N9NE...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Hugos is in the basement of the 4 Queens. Lemme dig up their website. Ignore the bizarre 70s photo on the front page. It is a lovely, quiet romantic restaurant with the best service I''ve had in Vegas.
Hugo''s Cellar

I know you don''t love Bobby Flay, but Mesa Grill at Caeser''s is really good. mmmmmmmmm, goat cheese fondue.

The Foundation Room at Mandalay is great. It is wayyyy up at the top, the view is wonderful and the atmosphere is refined and elegant without being stuffy.

I know I''ve eaten at SW Steakhouse at the Wynn, too, and I remember the food was pretty good. Unfortunately, I think I drank as much as I ate there so I don''t remember that clearly. ;-)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah Hugos probably isn''t going to happen. I can''t see us going too far off the strip.

I hate Bobby Flay, but I have to tell you that we''ve been there. I thought about going there. We went for lunch, and I had the most amazing sandwiches (lunch) and dessert there (chocolate cake with coconut sorbet, toasted coconut and lime sauce, as well as crystallized lime zest--this was almost a year and a half ago btw) but what really impressed me was the bread. The bread was amazing. I would go back just for the bread.

I tossed it out there for consideration, but FI turned it down. Not because of Booby...I mean Bobby, but because it''s Southwestern, and we can get that everyday.

I have to look into the Foundation Room. Is it fancy schmancy?

SW Steakhouse is on the list as well. Gotta go find the menu.

Where HAVEN''T you eaten?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:08:19 AM

Yeah, well, I have a LOT of friends that live in Las Vegas and we are there probably once a month. And lucky for us, those friends like to eat out! Then again, we end up eating at Outback Steakhouse more often than not...

Foundation Room was classy and very nice, but not at all stuffy (which is what I think of when I hear "fancy schmancy"). I really enjoyed the meal I had there and I loved being able to go across the hall and hang out at the HOB afterwards! :) But even being so close to the HOB club with a live performance going on we coulkdn''t hear them at all from the restaurant. I had a wonderful caeser salad there with a huge circular crouton that was served standing up with the lettuce poking through it. Super YUMMY! I could go for another of those huge croutons right now.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Rosewood Grille? It''s close to Mandalay Bay and is a steak & lobster house.
I haven''t been back in years but last time we ate there it was fabulous!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Stack was really good when DH and I ate there. We always go to Gallagher''s in NYNY, too.

There is always the Cheesecake Factory in the Caesar''s Forum.

My mind is going blank.....we''ve been to so many places....I''ll have to ask DH when he wakes up.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
DH says the restaurant on the top of the Stratosphere is really nice, too. It is called the Top of The World. I''ve never been there.

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:31:29 AM
Author: EricaR
Date: 3/18/2009 1:08:19 AM

Yeah, well, I have a LOT of friends that live in Las Vegas and we are there probably once a month. And lucky for us, those friends like to eat out! Then again, we end up eating at Outback Steakhouse more often than not...

Foundation Room was classy and very nice, but not at all stuffy (which is what I think of when I hear ''fancy schmancy''). I really enjoyed the meal I had there and I loved being able to go across the hall and hang out at the HOB afterwards! :) But even being so close to the HOB club with a live performance going on we coulkdn''t hear them at all from the restaurant. I had a wonderful caeser salad there with a huge circular crouton that was served standing up with the lettuce poking through it. Super YUMMY! I could go for another of those huge croutons right now.
Lol. I''ll look into the Foundation Room. They don''t even have it on their dang website (MB''s). I''ll pull up the menu for FI''s benefit...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:31:43 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Do you know where it is (North or South on the Strip?)? I''m being lazy and not doing searches right now.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:41:14 AM
Author: loriken214
Stack was really good when DH and I ate there. We always go to Gallagher''s in NYNY, too.

There is always the Cheesecake Factory in the Caesar''s Forum.

My mind is going blank.....we''ve been to so many places....I''ll have to ask DH when he wakes up.

Lori
I looked at Gallagher''s, but FI wasn''t interested in anything from the menu that was posted on the internet.

I haven''t been to a Cheesecake Factory, so I''ll have to put that on the list to look at too.

I also pulled up Top of the World''s menu, so I''m going to check that out now.

I''m sooooo sleepy right now though....I can''t think about food when all I''m interested in at the moment is sleeping!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:09:44 AM

Date: 3/18/2009 1:31:43 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Do you know where it is (North or South on the Strip?)? I''m being lazy and not doing searches right now.
3.gif
Ehh, nope. South, I think?
33.gif
Not sure, but I did the legwork for you ... If I recall correctly, when I went, it was across from The Mirage/Treasure Island Hotels but they moved and are now somewhere across from New York, New York on the MGM side of the street .... unless, of course, they have moved again???

linky, more info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results