shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Jocelyn Scalloped - Final Ring (Replica)

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Dear PSers,

It's been a long journey and I wouldnt be where I am today without your help. I still couldnt believe how selfish and ignorant I once was, thinking to myself that I know everything. I was clearly wrong, almost made the wrong decisions by pulling the trigger on the square radiant. Luckily, this forum taught me well and the end result was a beautiful 1.1ct E Vs2 H&A that my gf and I can brag about that with all of our friends.

Special thanks to Gypsy, Ds2006 and flyinging for your comments, ideas and recommendations. I know the ring today might not be the most perfect or $$ worthy that I should've spent/ bought but To be honest, I can't recall the last 'perfect' purchase that I made.

At the end of the day, I am very happy knowing that my gf will fall in love with this ring, with this diamond and with this design.

I was too excited in the meeting so I didnt't take a lot of photos or record a lengthy video. Obviously the below images dont do justice, certainly needs to be seen in person to appreciate. But I will definitely come back with more 'pro' pictures and clips in one month, after my proposal. Fingers crossed everthing goes well.

Hope you guys enjoy it.
**edited by moderator, please read our policies**

image_1087.jpg image_1086.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, it is beautiful!!! :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin!!! That is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I have to tell you that this is why some of us are totally hooked on staying on this forum! When someone comes in and asks for help and is open to help, this is the kind of result we see!!! You couldn't have done better! You ended up with a fabulous diamond and as nice a setting as is possible today! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the proposal pictures! I know she will be thrilled with that ring!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow. She is going to be SO. HAPPY.

My S.O. is incredibly sappy and romantic and I know he'd do a fabulous job creating a ring for me on his own, but he'd NEVER do as good a job as you've done here! (which is why I'm helping him!)

Just so you know, I am looking to get this setting or the triple-row pave Jocelyn for my ring, and in rose gold. I can't even imagine how unbelievably amazed I'd be if my S.O. somehow landed on this setting all on his own with no help from me. You are going to blow her mind!!

Please be sure to come back and share your proposal story and hand pictures!

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1473773255|4075848 said:
Justin!!! That is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I have to tell you that this is why some of us are totally hooked on staying on this forum! When someone comes in and asks for help and is open to help, this is the kind of result we see!!! You couldn't have done better! You ended up with a fabulous diamond and as nice a setting as is possible today! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the proposal pictures! I know she will be thrilled with that ring!

I literally lost for words when I opened the box. I initially thought 1.1ct was a bit small but after being set, I think it is just the right size. the stone is so white, I couldn't even get a focus from my camera - time for a macro lens :love:. You were so right, a well-cut diamond will outperform a bigger sized stone and appears larger than it actually is.
I really can't wait for the proposal. It's been 6 months of lying and hiding :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JustinVu|1473813776|4076134 said:
diamondseeker2006|1473773255|4075848 said:

I literally lost for words when I opened the box. I initially thought 1.1ct was a bit small but after being set, I think it is just the right size. the stone is so white, I couldn't even get a focus from my camera - time for a macro lens :love:. You were so right, a well-cut diamond will outperform a bigger sized stone and appears larger than it actually is.
I really can't wait for the proposal. It's been 6 months of lying and hiding :wall:

Yay! She is going to adore it. Come back with handshots.

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
NCWonderWoman|1473769429|4075834 said:
Beautiful! You did good!
Thank you. I hope you will find the stone/ring you want too :love:
farrahlyn said:
WOW, it is beautiful!!! :love: :appl:
Thank you, hopefully my fiance' will say the same.

dazzlerazzle said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow. She is going to be SO. HAPPY.
My S.O. is incredibly sappy and romantic and I know he'd do a fabulous job creating a ring for me on his own, but he'd NEVER do as good a job as you've done here! (which is why I'm helping him!)
Just so you know, I am looking to get this setting or the triple-row pave Jocelyn for my ring, and in rose gold. I can't even imagine how unbelievably amazed I'd be if my S.O. somehow landed on this setting all on his own with no help from me. You are going to blow her mind!!
Please be sure to come back and share your proposal story and hand pictures!

I saw that ring on VC's website too and at some point I was thinking of doing that. The only pullbacks for me was whether the jeweler set it as well as VC and my gf is not exactly a careful type of person. I could sit her visualizing how quickly the melees falling apart. Other than that, that design is a sophisticated, up-class setting.

Without the inputs from Gypsy, Ds2006 and the ring-owner Mrs-Blop who happens to have authentic VC Jocelyn, I would have been ending up with a 1.5ct D VS1 radiant - bigger carat but much smaller face-up. :dance: :dance:

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
[/quote]

Yay! She is going to adore it. Come back with handshots.[/quote]

Saw you being attacked in another thread but didn't want to hi-jack from the OP. Just wanted to say you can just ignore hatters. I don't think he can truly comprehend your impact on this forum and how you've constantly helped others. My gf and I are forever indebted with gratitude.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay! She is going to adore it. Come back with handshots.[/quote]

Saw you being attacked in another thread but didn't want to hi-jack from the OP. Just wanted to say you can just ignore hatters. I don't think he can truly comprehend your impact on this forum and how you've constantly helped others. My gf and I are forever indebted with gratitude.[/quote]

Aww that is super sweet of you. :)) It means a lot to me.

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, mate! Looks like it came out beautifully; I'm sure she'll love it.

Once you get your macro lens sorted, I'd be curious to see how the Diamond Emporium's melee looks up close.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Justin -

Congratulations on your ring. Couple of things tho....

You mentioned that I (Mrs_Blop - had a name change just recently) am the owner of the original Jocelyn. I think you mean LLJsmom, as I don't, and never have, owned a Jocelyn.

Secondly, there's been a lot of talk on these boards recently about borrowing other jeweler's designs. I don't think it's clear from your post title that this ISN'T a ring made by Victor Canera, so I think it would be wise to ask the mods to change the subject line of this thread. Actually attaching the name 'VC Jocelyn' to your ring is misleading, so you really should get that changed. Frankly, I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it before now. And referring to it as a direct replica is risky at best; I don't know if Victor's designs are trademarked, but you might want to keep that in mind.

On a much happier note - I think your ring is lovely and I think your girl is very lucky with all the work and effort you put into this project. And I am IN AWE of people who go to the gym every evening after work till 8pm!! :) Congratulations on your upcoming engagement - I wish you a lifetime of happiness and love. <3

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-b|1473969835|4077038 said:
Hi Justin -

You mentioned that I (Mrs_Blop - had a name change just recently) am the owner of the original Jocelyn. I think you mean LLJsmom, as I don't, and never have, owned a Jocelyn.

Secondly, there's been a lot of talk on these boards recently about borrowing other jeweler's designs. I don't think it's clear from your post title that this ISN'T a ring made by Victor Canera, so I think it would be wise to ask the mods to change the subject line of this thread. Actually attaching the name 'VC Jocelyn' to your ring is misleading, so you really should get that changed. Frankly, I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it before now. And referring to it as a direct replica is risky at best; I don't know if Victor's designs are trademarked, but you might want to keep that in mind.

On a much happier note - I think your ring is lovely and I think your girl is very lucky with all the work and effort you put into this project. And I am IN AWE of people who go to the gym every evening after work till 8pm!! :) Congratulations on your upcoming engagement - I wish you a lifetime of happiness and love. <3

I find it hilariously ironic that many posters here are applauding this replica while crucifying DK in the other post.

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
mrs-b|1473969835|4077038 said:
Hi Justin -

Ah yeah. I've been mistaken. and yes I was meant to refer to LLJsmom.

- I totally agree with you regarding the point about copyright / intellectual property. If moderator can see this, I have no objection in getting the thread / contents / etc changed.

- Thank you so much for your kind words. It will have been indeed a long a** 6 months of lying and hiding which I'd be honest, I'm not a big fan of. Hopefully things will play out in my favor. What motivates me really hard is the fact that my gf never demands such things and as such I think she deserves this even more.

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
SeekingClarity|1473929786|4076838 said:
Congrats, mate! Looks like it came out beautifully; I'm sure she'll love it.

Once you get your macro lens sorted, I'd be curious to see how the Diamond Emporium's melee looks up close.

Thanks mate. honestly, I don't think it's on the same par as VC. But it's actually much better than I expected. the milgrain was great, not too big / bulky but definitely visible. The melees are bright, F/G Vs2 minimum and thanks to people of this forum, I requested to have the melees running all the way to 5-7 which adds value to its luxuriousness.

So far I'm as happy as a fat kid with cheese.

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

as my D day is approaching, I'd like to know if you guys have any solution for a nice looking ring holder. As my gf is actually not the most careful type of person and she goes to gym every second day.

I'm trying to find a simple elegant necklace so she can hang the ring to it at the most simple form.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!

Can someone tell me the type of setting for the melee? I love how it looks like there aren't gaps between the stones.

I'd love to look for wedding bands that are set this way.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while since we saw such a high colored stone. Absolutely gorgeous!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
iwantsparkle|1475168436|4082019 said:
Beautiful ring!

Can someone tell me the type of setting for the melee? I love how it looks like there aren't gaps between the stones.

Hi iwantsparkle! If you go through OP's threads, you can see ALLL about the creation process. He basically had a local jeweler replicate LLJsmom's old setting from VC.

The shank is bright-set/channel-set pave.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
The ring is absolutely beautiful, bright and nice size too. Your soon to be bride is going to be so proud to wear it and show it off!

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
dazzlerazzle|1475161642|4081982 said:
Hi Justin! :wavey: Beautiful ring!!

I intend to get the wishbone from this shop for myself!

http://www.emilyc.com/shop/

I'm actually quite interested in the Scalloped , it goes so well with the theme :love: :love:

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Downsy|1475196329|4082245 said:
The ring is absolutely beautiful, bright and nice size too. Your soon to be bride is going to be so proud to wear it and show it off!

Thank you. honestly can't wait anymore. I had to leave the ring at the shop to keep secret from my gf. just another few more weeks...Patiently waiting !!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
AprilBaby|1475169528|4082031 said:
It's been a while since we saw such a high colored stone. Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks kindly. Sometimes I'm looking back, I wonder to myself, should I have purchased a bigger stone with lower color and clarity. at $11k i couldve easily got a 1.5ct H,I VS2. Oh well, if that's what my gf so be it. At the end of the day, I'm not the one wearing it right ^^

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
dazzlerazzle|1475172331|4082055 said:
iwantsparkle|1475168436|4082019 said:
Beautiful ring!

Hi iwantsparkle! If you go through OP's threads, you can see ALLL about the creation process. He basically had a local jeweler replicate LLJsmom's old setting from VC.

The shank is bright-set/channel-set pave.

Ah, thanks! I should've looked through old posts, derp!

Bright-set/channel-set pave is what I was curious about.

Thanks again!

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Proposal day is tomorrow....Nervous as hell !!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JustinVu|1477371343|4090309 said:

You can do it! We are all cheering you on. Take a deep breath and jump! Come back with hand shots please. It's a beautiful ring.

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
JustinVu|1477371343|4090309 said:

Oh YAYYYYY! Good luck - can't wait to hear the story and see hand pics!! :dance:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results