shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Ideal H&A - How does this look?

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - I was wondering how you feel about the VC ideal cuts? Does anybody own one?

I spotted this stone and it seems to have good specs. How would something like this compare to an ACA from a performance standpoint? Also, do you think there would be significant visual difference between a stone of this size (around 9.97mm) and one that was in the 10.1-10.3 range?

Thank you in advance!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they are beyond lovely super ideals and his designs are stunning.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
ACA vs. VC - the difference is in a brand not the quality of the cut. They are equivalent. Size-wise, there will be a minimal difference between 9.97 and 10.3 and none between 9.97 and 10.1
As far as the look, I have seen better VS2s than the one you selected.

Last edited:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
noticed the date on the ags report is from january 2019. personally i would not go for a stone sitting in inventory for so long. but not sure if it's because of the size of the stone

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
noticed the date on the ags report is from january 2019. personally i would not go for a stone sitting in inventory for so long. but not sure if it's because of the size of the stone

The date has nothing to do with the stone "sitting" in the inventory. Someone might have returned it in order to upgrade. Most diamonds are not new and a lot of them, if they have a "fresh" date on the certificate, they were re-certificated (they are re-assessed by a grading company and a new certificate is issued every so often even for an "old" stone.)

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I would go for something smaller and get a higher color. You are already at such a large size, you can afford to go smaller for higher color (which is really important to me) and you will still have a very large ring! J color in that size will be very apparent. Aside from me personally not wanting to see so much tint, I fear people will think to themselves that you have a large diamond but that it’s not a good color. I’m just giving you my experience as I used to have a 3.29ct (9.59mm) in an I color. And with an amazing cut as that one is, there’s no question it will get very noticed! So please don’t take offense to my input, that’s not my intention, just want to give another perspective as food for thought. I had wanted super size and compromised on the color and it bothered me more and more over the years so much so that I traded it in for a smaller, more colorless diamond.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
The date has nothing to do with the stone "sitting" in the inventory. Someone might have returned it in order to upgrade. Most diamonds are not new and a lot of them, if they have a "fresh" date on the certificate, they were re-certificated (they are re-assessed by a grading company and a new certificate is issued every so often even for an "old" stone.)

thank you for clarifying. that's helpful.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
If it were me, I would go for something smaller and get a higher color. You are already at such a large size, you can afford to go smaller for higher color (which is really important to me) and you will still have a very large ring! J color in that size will be very apparent. Aside from me personally not wanting to see so much tint, I fear people will think to themselves that you have a large diamond but that it’s not a good color. I’m just giving you my experience as I used to have a 3.29ct (9.59mm) in an I color. And with an amazing cut as that one is, there’s no question it will get very noticed! So please don’t take offense to my input, that’s not my intention, just want to give another perspective as food for thought. I had wanted super size and compromised on the color and it bothered me more and more over the years so much so that I traded it in for a smaller, more colorless diamond.

This is definitely something I’ve considered. I’ve debated quite a bit between modern and antique cuts, and I don’t mind warmer colors in the antiques. Perhaps on a modern it doesn’t come off quite as charming? No offense taken at all, I appreciate your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results