shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Xprong options?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Thanks to Jonathan at GoG for getting me a spectacular stone, and providing me with extrodinary service!!

Now I''ve got to put it in something. I thought about just duct taping
it to her finger but I don''t think she''d go for that.

I really like the Vatche X-prong, but it costs around $1000! I really
don''t know anything about jewlery, but that seems like a lot. Am I way off base? Can I expect to get a decent platnum setting for under $500?. I don''t care at all about the name, just the way it looks. Jonathan at GoG showed me a similar ring, but it still cost $700, and it didn''t look nearly as delicate

My question is, do any of you know of a good ring in the same spirit as the Vatche
but is a little cheaper? I''m not trying to match the Vatche identically, just giving an example of what I like.

THanks
Jon

baloo

Rough_Rock
The Vatche XProng is a Tiffany Lucida clone (some say Vatche make it for Tiffany but I have yet to see any proof of this other than rumours). I have also gone for the XProng from Vatche simply because I've trolled these forums and heard many people say that a) Vatche is top quality and b) it's the closest, if not the same, to the Lucida.

There are many imitations of the Lucida and most custom Jewellers will know how to make one. It's either trust a local or not identical copy, or go for the better option.

The setting will be about 10% of what I am paying for the rock. Considering it's the setting that will keep the rock in place and be the thing that frames the diamond, I convinced myself it was worth the extra money.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Well, I don't have a 10K rock, so if I went with the Vatche, it would be about a third of the price of the diamond. Anybody know how much I should expect to pay for a local copy of the Vatche/Lucida from a jewler? Anybody know of any other good online options?

-Jon

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Are you set on platinum? I only ask because it's going to be a lot higher than white gold and when I was looking for settings (same situation as you) I wasn't prepared to pay for the 1k price tag. I'm having mine custom made...the jeweler can pretty much make anything you show them. And it's costing me $650 canadian...that's about $400-$500 US.

-spencer

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
I should also mention that when I was looking for diamonds, I checked out Bluenile. While I don't THINK it's possible to buy their settings without a stone, they did have Platinum bands (tiffany style 6 prong knife edges) for $250...or $300 US...I can't remember which now. So I suppose it IS possible to find platinum settings for that price BUT nothing as glamarous as the X-prong.

-spencer

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
I guess I don't mind paying for the X-Prong if A Platnum ring is going to cost me that much regardless. I just don't want to pay 50% more just for a name brand. It sounds like that price is not too extreme for a platnum setting. Am I right?

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results