shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche vs. Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Since ive decided on the stone im now on to the setting. She seems to really like the Trellis setting for princess on Blue nile, and has some interest in the Vatch X-prong also, but she preferes the Blue nile form looking at the pics online. Can anyone compare the quality between the two? I want to get her exactly what she wants, but i dont want to get her an inferior piece. Price difference is about 300$ i beleive. If anyone can provide a comparison, or their experience with either,i would appreciate it. Thanks ! -Jason

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
jason,
are these what you are trying to decide between?

sidebysidecomp.JPG

Lynette

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if you noticed that purchasing the setting on Blue Nile requires you to buy the stone there as well- not a problem if that''s where your stone is....?
20.gif

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Belle, yes those are the two. but... it looks as though Lynette has solved some of the issue. Didnt realize they one sell setting with teir stones. Well tough crap then. ok, so its down to the X-prong or custom from Mark Morel. any thoughts? i guess a custom would be about 500$ more? she just wants something LOW. she likes how those 2 keep it a bit lower than other settings. I havent been able to find anything else she likes. Maybe this will have to be the deciding factor. ill have to run that bit of info by her and see how it goes. :) Thanks for the input ! if you have any other options , good quality and a low setting, please let me know ! thanks!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I thin Primak makes a setting very similar to the Blue Nile one, you might want to take a look. Here's the link to it on Bill Barnes' site:

Primak ring

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link. do you know if that setting will work with a princess? That is exactly the type she likes. Thanks ! How does this makes compare to Vatche?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I have a Blue Nile setting for my princess stone. I really wish I had the Vatche ring that has the ''V'' small diamonds on the side. It is so pretty!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, threre's a picture of the setting with a princess stone on the same site. Here's the link. I actually saw both Primak and Vatche in person and I believe the Vatche setting is a bit more deilcate and Primak is sligthly wider. Both are well-recognized designers, I'd assume the quality is comparable but don't quote me on it. They're both very pretty in my opinion.

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any alternatives to the Vatch X-prong? she saw the Royal X-prong on dvatche.com and seems to really like it. this is a new version of the regular x-pring apprently. Im just curious if there are any other alternatives, that appear similiar, with some slight differences. we should be seeing the x-prong in person this weekend so hopefully something will catch her eye ! Thanks

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I like the ones with the surprise diamonds on the side. Just one or a few small diamonds on the side of the ring. Vatche has one that looks like a ''V''. You can see it on whiteflash.com. I think it will give the style that you want a little something extra.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2005 2:24:35 PM
Author: trizzane
Anyone have any alternatives to the Vatch X-prong?
Whiteflash makes a version of crossed-prong setting they call "W-prong"
20.gif
That one is one of the store''s signature designs, so the height could be adjusted as low as feasible and perhaps other slight modifications could be ordered as well. I think it costs a bit less than Vatche''s.

The basket looks more airy than the Vatche rings and the band looks like the new "Rayal X prong" version (the ends of the band next to the diamond are rounded, not flat). Woth looking into given the possibility to adjust height that does not come with settings available off the rack.
5.gif

WPX.JPG

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion Valeria. She has looked at the W-pring and desnt seem to really like it. not sure what it is but...... what she really wants is a hybrid between the X-prong and the Trellis from BN. she wants the X portion of the Xprong, but set a bit lower, and the sides of the trellis where it comes direct from the ring to the side of the diamond. I asked Judi for a quote on it if that do it custom. we will see how that goes. I REALLY like the new Royal X-prong tho ! we are going to go see some in person this weekend, so maybe that will help her make a decision. HOPEFULLY ! ahahah Thanks ! -jason

esqknight

Rough_Rock
Jason,

Did you see the Royal X Prong this weekend? That is one of the settings I've been looking at, and am curious how it looks it person.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

trizzane

Rough_Rock
I didnt see the royal X=prong , we went to Fortunoff in NYC and asked to see the Vatche''... well, he ended up pulling out a Jeff Cooper in error and she really liked it. so, now im even more confused. She likes parts of the Jeff Cooper and parts of the RXP. No idea now.... tough decisions. :)

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
How about a custom ring combining the parts of the two rings that she likes? Also, did you check out Michael C Fina just down the street from Fortunoff? They carry both Vatche and Jeff Cooper plus Primak as well.

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I didnt. It was such a miserable/rainy weekend and we had to get to a show. We only made it to Fortunoff. As for the custom, that would be my first choice, however there are issues. I fully planned on getting the ring from WF , either the X-prong (which i first thought we would go with) or a custom. The trouble comes in when they need to make anything close to a Vatche design,(not liked by Vatche) which I can understand, and I dont want to put them in that position. I never really considered this pitfall and just wired $ for the diamond and for the setting (assuming the x-prong price). SO i need to wait for Lesley to get back to me on how to handle this from here. as long as we are ok to get the $$ back to me, ill go ahead and get the Jeff Cooper, unless I can find a custom maker who will do it and for a reasonable price. I know Mark Morel doesnt really like to make copies of other makers rings so...... Im stuck i guess
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results