shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche or WF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sassybride

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

i am upgrading my setting for my princess and i can't decided between the vatche or the wf brand. THose of you who ordered a WF , did you prefer w prong or x prong? those of you who ordered a Vatche, what did you like and not like about it? I dont want my ring to be too wide ( since i heard the wf x prong has 4 mm), and i dont want it to be too high... which is a good choice? also does WF sell the setting only?

thanks in advance!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an X prong, and mine is pretty wide 3mm to 5mm where it meets the head. And I have a 6 x 6 square stone. If I had to pick another similar setting I would DEFINITELY do the Vatche Royal X prong. I like the taper it has at the head... it will definitely ameliorate what I think is my settings biggest flaw-- the fact that its thickness takes away from my stone. I think the Royal x prong is just refined enough that it keeps the same feel, but compliments the stone much better than a regular X prong does.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/altitempics/1625_xlarge.jpg (It won''t let me post the pic for some reason).

sassybride

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply gypsy, i really like that vatche setting also...would you recommend getting it at goodoldgold? or any exceldiamonds? I like the w-prong from wf too..i feel that the w-prong looks better than the x prong for some reason (more delicate) ...gosh is so hard to make a decision based on looking at pictures online!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have the 3stone version of the w-prong and i loooove it. it is very low set and very delicate in person. i have some side view shots in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-w-prong-heart-prongs.59362/

here''s a pic to show how low it really sits

swirlsside1.JPG

the bottom of the ''w'' kind of curves under, so on the hand it tucks under as well, making it quite low profile.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll post a couple of my xprong. The stone in it is 7.25 in diameter.

I love it, but, I like wider bands, and plus they look better on my fingers. It sits fairly low. Very comfy.

I wasn't worried about making my stone "pop", if that is important to you, you may want to go with Gypsy's suggestion.

RingProfile 857.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the side.

Ring Side 864.JPG

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I chose the Royal X-prong for my .75 diamond because I was torn between the Vatche Royal Crown and the X-prong. I like the taper for my "smaller" diamond (compared to most on pricescope!).

ring 023 (4).jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a top view
1.gif

ring 015 (5).jpg

sassybride

Rough_Rock
Ellen i love ur xprong! Is this the one from vatche or wf?? i think i am leaning towards the royal xprong from vatche..the more i look at it the better it looks :)

Date: 3/20/2007 1:14:37 PM
Author: Ellen
I'll post a couple of my xprong. The stone in it is 7.25 in diameter.

I love it, but, I like wider bands, and plus they look better on my fingers. It sits fairly low. Very comfy.

I wasn't worried about making my stone 'pop', if that is important to you, you may want to go with Gypsy's suggestion.

sassybride

Rough_Rock
i am totally leaning towards this ring by the end of day today, it looks so beautiful! i would like more pics from different angles....i like the royal too compared to the x-prong, because it makes it look thicker...thanks for posting pics! u guys have been so helpful!

Date: 3/20/2007 7:25:11 PM
Author: tulip928
I chose the Royal X-prong for my .75 diamond because I was torn between the Vatche Royal Crown and the X-prong. I like the taper for my ''smaller'' diamond (compared to most on pricescope!).

sassybride

Rough_Rock
here is the setting i have now, its so high! just want to share w/ you gals why i want a vatche royal x prong so badly!!

ltungprincess.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 11:25:56 PM
Author: sassybride
Ellen i love ur xprong! Is this the one from vatche or wf?? i think i am leaning towards the royal xprong from vatche..the more i look at it the better it looks :)
Hi sassy,

Sorry, forgot to put Vatche! Please come back with pics when you decide.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a slightly different view.
1.gif
It would definitely sit lower profile than your current setting - I''m really happy with it, myself! It has just enough height without being vulnerable - and I really need that! How exciting for you - have fun! I can''t wait to see pictures of whatever you decide on.
9.gif

ring 003 (6).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results