shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day goodies, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking hubby to dinner at a delish Italian restaurant in Little Italy (San Diego); I am taking him to see 12 Angry Men when the tour goes to L.A. in April.

He gave me a gift certificate to a nail salon. I took my acrylics off a few months back to help save $$ and he''s told me to get them back on a few times but I feel guilty about the $$ so it was very thoughtful of him. I''m getting the head on my e-ring switched (4 prongs instead of 6). And I got another pink bear, this is my 3rd year running. It''s become a funny joke between us. When I''m 80 I''ll have 64 pink bears!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recieved a spa pedicure this weekend for V-Day as well as some truffles (Lindt and Joseph Schmidt). FI is making us dinner, and even though I told him not to... he''s going to get me flowers. We were supposed to do no-gifts....

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Elisa Peretti open heart pendant as well, except in medium. It is actually a funny story...my boyfriend knew a friend of a friend who worked at tiffany''s who could get some kind of employee discount. So, he asked if they could get me the open heart pendant. The friend asked which size he wanted (small, medium, or large?) and of course, being a GUY, he says "Oh, the large"

Fast forward to 2-3 days before our 2 year anniversary. He''s had it for weeks, but opens up the package just to look at it and realizes that it is WAY too big for me (even though I''m tall...5''10") SO, he has to rush to the Tiffany''s to exchange it back and get the medium size =) Of course, our anniversary is on Feb. 15th (he lucked out on V-day that first year!) so all the Tiffany''s are totally packed....

So, it is two years later, and tomorrow will be our 4-year anniversary. I tried to trick him by saying "Oh yeah, four years, that''s the BIG ONE, you have to get something really nice for me" but he was like "Don''t think I''m dumb...the big one is next year" =( Anyways tomorrow I will be getting my Anniversary gift which is a surprise...keep your fingers crossed for me ladies =)

1.gif
12.gif
21.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 5:25:59 PM
Author: curlygirl
Since our anniversary was 10 days ago and we had an amazing dinner, we decided to not really do anything for Valentine''s Day. DH got me a card and a box of chocolates which was very nice. But the cutest thing he did was get a card for our baby girl who is due in May. He wrote a special Valentine''s note to her. I thought it was just so sweet, I nearly cried. I think the hormones are getting to me!!
That is adorable!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 2:14:23 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Steve surprised me a couple of weeks ago with an early gift from a gallery in Old Town, its a certified framed & matted picture of Charlie Brown & Snoopy hugging with a little heart over them.. I love it. I''ve always wanted a Schultz..
face23.gif
My next piece will be a Suess..
I love Seuss! I bought The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss book. It is very interesting. I totally want a "real" piece of his art.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is what I got for Valentine's; it has been a tradition for ooops 10 happy Valentines!
Cheers!
9.gif

390728163_0c31c26302.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I got a phone call.....

DH and I had this magnificent evening planned, were going to xchange gifts...well...his boss sends him an email a few weeks ago saying that when the training he has been conducting (for the last two weeks mind you, I've been pregnant, having 24/7 morning sickness, and fatigue, plus an active toddler, and I'm alone) is over on Wednesday (he was originally supposed to be home today at noon) he was to fly right to Vegas for a West Coast Marketing Planning Meeting.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My DH missed our son's first "real" halloween too because of his travel. (he's the only guy in his workgroup with a kid under the age of 20, so no one else is affected or even cares).

At any rate, one of the old timers took his boss aside and mentioned he might want to avoid scheduling meetings on holidays, even if they are superfluous ones. (Apparently---the boss' wife is not speaking to him either, so he learned his lesson. Oh well, he's a new boss, and a very very nice one, so I'm sure he won't do this again. He's never traveled...unlike my dh and his colleagues, that's all they do)

So basically I had a very "Cats in the Cradle and the silver spoon" day again today, and spent most of it cleaning up dog diahrrea and vomit, since my german shepherd seems to have a tummy bug. My poor girl, she has a sensitive tummy, and I can't imagine what she got into.

anyway...sorry to be the downer, but I'm really sad, I miss my hubby, and we were supposed to celebrate our anniversary today instead (that got shoved to the back burner in December because we had one of our son's 2nd bday parties---my mom won't be in the same room as my dad----on our anniversary).

Wah wah wah oh woe is me....

Debbie Downer aka Jeannine aka Divergrrl

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Diver, I am sorry!

My hubby travels a lot, has missed some things that are pretty important, though now, he realizes this and tries to be at most of the really important stuff. (only took til kid number three for him to get it!)

Cats in the Cradle makes him bawl his eyes out, but again, took awhile for him to GET IT and decide, since he is the boss, that he CAN schedule a meeting for another time, and life will go on...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 5:25:59 PM
Author: curlygirl
Since our anniversary was 10 days ago and we had an amazing dinner, we decided to not really do anything for Valentine''s Day. DH got me a card and a box of chocolates which was very nice. But the cutest thing he did was get a card for our baby girl who is due in May. He wrote a special Valentine''s note to her. I thought it was just so sweet, I nearly cried. I think the hormones are getting to me!!

curly - that is the sweetest present ever. you hubby is darling!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh Treysar, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I think that''s a wonderfully sweet and special valentine''s gift and I hope it helps with the healing for both of you.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 1:05:49 AM

Date: 2/14/2007 5:57:35 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''m taking hubby to dinner at a delish Italian restaurant in Little Italy (San Diego); I am taking him to see 12 Angry Men when the tour goes to L.A. in April.

He gave me a gift certificate to a nail salon. I took my acrylics off a few months back to help save $$ and he''s told me to get them back on a few times but I feel guilty about the $$ so it was very thoughtful of him. I''m getting the head on my e-ring switched (4 prongs instead of 6). And I got another pink bear, this is my 3rd year running. It''s become a funny joke between us. When I''m 80 I''ll have 64 pink bears!!!!
Which one did you go to? I love Little Italy!
We went to Busalacchi''s...YUM YUM! But I think it sits right outside of LI.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
We had take out Olive Garden for dinner. It''s starting to become a real romantic tradition with us. We first met at an olive garden, we go there for romantic dates on our anniversary (of meeting), and he proposed over an Olive Garden To-Go meal of the same things we ate the night we first met!
30.gif

I got him roses and chocolate. Mini rose plants for his offices and white chocolate X''s and O''s from Moonstruck.com.

He gave me a.... drumroll please.... Blue Ipod Shuffle!! IT''s SOOOOO CUTE!! It may become permentantly attached to me!
30.gif
Did you know they came in colors now? So much for Mr. I don''t believe in Valentine''s day!

I''m now firmly convinced that all my romantic presents from him (for the rest of my life) will be cute and pretty tech devices not jewelry.
31.gif
Looking at my adorable minature ipod in its itsy dock, I think I''m glad of that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 8:52:49 AM
Author: treysar
For Valentine’s day DH & I are going to pick out a ring with a sapphire in it this weekend – I had a miscarriage last week
emunlove.gif
, the baby would have been born in September, and that would have been his/her birthstone.
I''m so sorry treysar
39.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I think FI and I originally said no gifts, but I went ahead and found him some random things anyway. He was traveling up until yesterday, so I know he didn''t have anything in mind/much time, but he did good and looked at my Amazon list and got way too much: a book (1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler''s Life List - fabulous to dream about!), DVDs I wanted, and I was happy with that. Then he goes out to the car, walks in with a big (24"x24"?) box wrapped up. I shake it, it rattles; I have no idea what it is. Turns out, he dug deeper into the wish list (which was about to get put on the registry list) and bought the food processor I’ve been wanting for some time! Yay!
So VDay started out with low expectations, and he surpassed them by 100x! What a nice feeling and such a fabulous guy
36.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
For our first married V-day, we went out for a very nice dinner. And he bought me this jewelry armoire, which I have so been needing. Plus, there will be lots of space left over for new blingy goodies
36.gif

everythingfurniture_1937_78835730.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 12:48:57 PM
Author: jazmine
For our first married V-day, we went out for a very nice dinner. And he bought me this jewelry armoire, which I have so been needing. Plus, there will be lots of space left over for new blingy goodies
36.gif
That is a beautiful gift Jazmine, how thoughtful of Hubby!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treysar, I am so sorry
emrose.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god – I just re-read this and I am so sorry. I’m like that Saturday night live character Debbie Downer, ruining a perfetly nice post.!

sorry! Thanks for the nice thoughts!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He got me the pink Ipod nano and a Tiffany heart toggle bracelet (which I''m sure you''ve all seen so I won''t bore you with a pic, lol) I''ve been asking for for a while now... I gave him tickets to see Ron White (comedien) in March--I couldn''t think of anything too creative this year! He liked his gift though, and we''re saving going out to dinner for this weekend. We like to avoid the Valentine''s crowds at the restaurants, plus there was still a lot of snow and ice on the streets last night and we didn''t feel like driving or walking around in it.

He did NOT get me flowers, he''s so bad about that. So I stopped at TJ''s last night and picked up a beautiful fresh mixed bouquet for $5, ha ha. They smell wonderful and they''re all shades of pink...can''t beat the price tag, that''s for sure!

Treysar, sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs to you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we exchanged cards, greg''s were so great and he wrote some sweet stuff in there about finding me and ending his long-bachelorhood...awww. he''s not typically sappy so i always love when he writes cute stuff in the cards from time to time and surprises me. also he got me some really yummy truffles from the same place i went to yesterday!! we didn''t overlap on any flavors but now we have a ton of specialty truffles and they are HUGE, aka one truffle is more than enough ''dessert'' for 2. hehe. so we''ll be eating them for a while...or maybe i''ll have a small dinner party and then everyone can have a truffle on their plate as dessert, hahah. i got him a bottle of 20 year tawny port (97 rating!) and some truffles and a cute stuffed animal. and we had our yummy dinner which was GOOD.

treysar sorry to hear your bad news...hope everyone else had a great vday!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're both ill, so FI asked that V-Day celebrations be postponed till this weekend, which I thought was a great idea. But when I came home I did find TWO vased flower arrangements waiting for me. One of peach roses and one of red tulips. Perfect. Plus he had ordered some Omaha steaks-- I love Omaha steaks.... and we had omaha burgers last night. YUM!

ETA: Treysar... I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh gypsy did you know there are omaha stores out here? i didn''t really til i saw one last week at the same complex as TJ''s over in west san jose...i was like HEY! i totally want to get some burgers there...i have always heard great things but we never tried them since i thought who wants to ship meat. hehe.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I told DH that the only thing that I wanted was for him to get my bracelet repaired that I hadn''t worn in a couple of years because the catch broke. It was the first gift he ever gave me back for Christmas 2000 and I wore it all the time. I finally have it back on.

I kind of felt like the B-bag he gave me for Christmas was enough for a while. :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divergrrrrl -- sorry you had to spend your VDay apart! That''s always hard, I know how you feel. It''s kind of a helpless feeling when the hubby''s job is so all-consuming. I hope your GS doggie feels better! I have a shepherd mutt and he''s allergic to EVERY KIBBLE under the sky. If he eats anything other than rice, cottage cheese, or tofu, he gets explosive, nonstop diarrhea.

Treysar -- please don''t call yourself a Debbie Downer. I''m so very sorry for your loss. The way you''ve chosen to commemorate him via the ring is really special.

Our VDay was quiet and lowkey. I made DH''s favorite dish -- kung pao chicken -- and also made chocolate covered strawberries, YUM! The chicken turned out eh, and the chocolate was kind of grainy and thick, but in all, edible.
21.gif
DH gave me a sweet and thoughtfully written card, and a really bizarre bouquet. (the boy has terrible taste in flowers) It was a dozen roses, but made of 6 different colors: lavendar, pink, yellow, red, orange, and white. It was like the kind of bouquet a circus clown gives to a girl. He was SO proud of it though, especially cuz he had remembered to avoid the three things I hate most: baby''s breath, carnations, and stargazer lilies.
3.gif
I gave DH an eye mask since he''s been having trouble sleeping, and one of those motorized head massagers that a PSer had mentioned in another thread. Both were big hits!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 12:59:58 PM

Date: 2/15/2007 10:31:57 AM

Date: 2/15/2007 1:05:49 AM

Date: 2/14/2007 5:57:35 PM

Which one did you go to? I love Little Italy!
We went to Busalacchi''s...YUM YUM! But I think it sits right outside of LI.
That''s closer to Hillcrest, isn''t it?
33.gif
I have friends who rave about that place! I have yet to go, but some day..!

Have you been to the Oceanaire yet? Mmm!
31.gif
Ha ha ha, I wouldn''t be suprised if that''s the correct location as I am completely directionally challenged. Wherever it is it''s delicious!

We haven''t been to Oceanaire yet. I am not a seafood lover, poor DH!! So when he can convince me to go out for seafood we usually end up at tried and true places like Anthony''s.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 2:23:35 PM
Author: Mara
oh gypsy did you know there are omaha stores out here? i didn't really til i saw one last week at the same complex as TJ's over in west san jose...i was like HEY! i totally want to get some burgers there...i have always heard great things but we never tried them since i thought who wants to ship meat. hehe.
Get out! Really? Cool!

Their burgers taste great and are a nice manageable size and cook up nicely.

LOL @ the shipping meat. When I was in DC I didn't have a car and the nearest grocery stores were gross, except Whole Foods which was really expensive for my student budget... so DF's mother sent me Omaha... and when I checked them out, with the coupon's and add on price breaks they offer... it worked out to be very cost effective. My favorite cut of theirs is their top sirloin though. Mmm. Gonna have to check out the Omaha store now!

ETA: LOL At the flowers Kristy... I'll have to have DF take your hubby aside sometime and have a talk with him... he's very good with the flowers thing-- partially because I'm picky as HECK as I used to be a floral designer. No red roses, no baby's breath or other filler, nothing that will kill the cats, REALLY nice greens, and super fresh flowers... oh... and no sunflowers or carnations, I can't stand them. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who dislikes baby's breath. The women at the florist always give DF a hard time when he says no filler. They always try to tell him that he's wrong. He's got very good at very politely telling them that I hate filler.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy -- SUNFLOWERS! Another one of my pet peeves. When are peonies in season? Because those are my all-time fave flowers and I keep telling DH that, yet somehow he has yet to bring me any!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know.... I was thinking of Peony''s myself last night? They are some of my favorites too. But its too early for them Spring/summer... but later spring like later April and on... I usually see them in Trader Joes in summer that''s when I know they are nice and affrodable and hit the florist if TJ''s does have what I want...they usually carry the deep plum colored ones. I love all colors of them though and when they are in season... I have them everywhere.

Date: 2/15/2007 5:04:32 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Gypsy -- SUNFLOWERS! Another one of my pet peeves. When are peonies in season? Because those are my all-time fave flowers and I keep telling DH that, yet somehow he has yet to bring me any!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i also am a baby''s breath hater...i do love the purple and white not-as-common filler though, i forget what it''s called though. i tried to grow it one year in my garden so i could use it as filler for my bouquets but it was a horrible garden plant, hardly any blooms. my friend used to have a florist store and she used it instead of bb...!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results