shape
carat
color
clarity

v-prong setting for 3 stone emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurennie

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!
21.gif

I have been looking high and low for the perfect setting for a 3 stone emerald cut ring. I love the look of the v-shaped setting, similar to the ring I posted, as opposed to the basket or trellis setting. Does anyone have pictures or knows links to a ring similar to this? I would love to see it in front of me instead of trying to guess what it will look like.
Thanks!

vprongring999.JPG

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of this ring also.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I current have a V-prong solitare setting and I am thinking of adding side diamonds. I also like the V-prong better then the basket setting. You are able to see more of the diamond in the V-prong.
I would like to see more pictures of this ring also. Does anyone know what size center stone and trapiziods are on the ring that is posted??

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forums laurennie.
Check out www.verragio.com - V is their signature prong and maybe you be more lucky than i trying to catch an emerald cut in it, i''ve got dizzy.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Good Lord is that site chaotic!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I too have been interested in a V setting and I talked to Verragio via e-mail. They say they can accomodate emerald and asscher cuts. Here is a copy of my e-mail and their response. Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don''t see any of your settings with emerald or asscher cuts. I am wondering if the VER-0023 set would accomodate an emerald cut stone of from 2.50 to 3 carats. If so, do you feel it would be as beautiful as a RB stone?

Thank you for your time.

Reply:

Thank you for your interest in the Verragio Collection.

Normally our setting samples are designed and photographed with a round or a princess center but almost all of our designs could be adjusted to accommodate an Emerald or an Ascher cut center diamonds as well as larger sizes.

Please contact one of our authorized retailers to inquire about the pricing and time frame. You can enter your zip code to our Retailer Locator at our web site by clicking on the link below to see the retailers located near you.

http://www.verragio.com/#section=0&sub=4

Regards,

Nick

Verragio Internet Team

laurennie

Rough_Rock
Ooooo!!! I love their site! Thank you for showing it to me!! That''s very interesting that they can do their designs in EC as well.

Thanks for the welcome: I have loved this site ever since I stumbled onto to it searching for diamond rings! Everyone is so nice!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
I saw this thread before but didn''t want to post before I knew for sure that my ring has v prongs...

My bf recently purchased an e ring from james allen. It is an emerald cut with 2 tapered baguettes on the sides and the emerald is set in v prongs. I dont have the ring yet, as we are not yet engaged...but as soon as it happens I''ll post some! JA sent me a few pics, but they won''t post because they are bigger than the max size and I can''t resize them (if anyoneknows how let me know!)...here''s a link to the setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=777

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 11:37:45 AM
Author: chicagogirl
I saw this thread before but didn''t want to post before I knew for sure that my ring has v prongs...

My bf recently purchased an e ring from james allen. It is an emerald cut with 2 tapered baguettes on the sides and the emerald is set in v prongs. I dont have the ring yet, as we are not yet engaged...but as soon as it happens I''ll post some! JA sent me a few pics, but they won''t post because they are bigger than the max size and I can''t resize them (if anyoneknows how let me know!)...here''s a link to the setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=777
Front

FrontChicagog.jpg

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
what do you guys think?! I can't wait till I can wear it!
emotion-5.gif

(No opinions are makin' me a tad nervous
emotion-5.gif
)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think its amazing!!!! My round is set in the same type of baguette setting (basket head though). But I love step cuts! And I love baguette settings. So classic! See my avatar, very similar type setting as yours.

What size is the center stone? Its beautiful!!

Enjoy it :)

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 12:47:47 PM
Author: asscherisme
Wow, I think its amazing!!!! My round is set in the same type of baguette setting (basket head though). But I love step cuts! And I love baguette settings. So classic! See my avatar, very similar type setting as yours.

What size is the center stone? Its beautiful!!

Enjoy it :)
Thanks so much!! I love your setting, its amazing!! I''m a bit worried about the v prongs to be honest. I''m not too sure how I will feel wbout the litttle gap between the center stone and the baguettes, but we will see how I feel when I get it. Any opinions?? Does anyone know if it would be difficult to switch from the v prong head to a basket head? Does it require much work? Do you think that there will be a noticeable difference in the look of the ring as a whole if there are v prongs versus a basket? Thanks for the opinions!

Also, the center stone is 1.36 ct, E VS1.

susi

Shiny_Rock
chicagogirl, the asthetics of the mount....the fact that it is pleasing is something that you would answer as you will see it more than anyone else...but....that said, I think it is beautiful. And I know what you''re asking about this mount compared to a basket style head.

I feel it''s just a matter of personal taste. They are both very pretty ways to mount a stone....Are YOU pleased with it????

As for this lovely emerald....I just knew it! As soon as I looked at it before I saw the stats I knew it had to be very very white and clear and the E VS1 confirmed that.....You made just the perfect choice!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Susi!! I think I am getting myself worked up before I even have a chance to see it. I won''t actually get the ring until my bf proposes (hopefully sooner rather than later!) I think the problem is that I didn''t even know that you could do a v shaped prong for an emerald, so I was just expecting a basket. Does anyone know if it is common to set an EC this way? I love how the basket settings that I have seen on this site make the ring flow and look connected. And I think that the angle of the picture is making the gap bigger than it actually is and I don''t have a profile shot...so it is also hard to tell.

I have waited a very long time for this ring and had a certain image of what it should look like. That said, I may love it when I see it even though it is a little different than I imagined. I guess I will just have to wait and see, but it is driving me insane (and I am driving my bf insane in the process, which is never good)!!!!!!
14.gif

Does anyone have an ec set in v prongs?? Or any rectangular stones? If so, can you please post pics??

Anyway, Susi, thanks for the compliments on the stone! It was torturous trying to find it!! Here are a few more specs:

1.36 ct
Ideal cut
E, VS1
7.72x5.36x3.62
1.44 ratio
table: 60%
depth: 67.4% (A tad high, I know, but you have to comprimise on something!)
girdle: thin
cutlet: none
fluorescense: none

Does anyone else have any opinions on the mount? I''d love to hear what you think. Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results