shape
carat
color
clarity

USA Certed Diamonds - Martin was incredibly friendly and professional!

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I purchased a 2.25 L SI2 diamond from Martin from USA Certed Diamonds and it is beautiful! I tried to contact him many times through e-mail but never received a response. I’m international so I have no idea how to call someone in the U.S. short of buying a calling card for tens of dollars with no guarantee that I’d be able to contact Martin. Finally I used my husband’s Skype subscription to contact Martin. After a couple of days of trying (it was Christmas, so he probably was pretty busy with family), I was shocked that I actually got through.

So the moral of the story is, don’t e-mail Martin. Call him. If you can’t get through, leave a voicemail and call again the next day. Call 20 times if you have to, it’s so worth it. You will not be able to get his prices, contacts and diamond expertise anywhere else.

Once I got through to Martin with a phone call, everything was great. The diamonds I was interested in were sold, so he found me a list of other diamonds (which were also sold quickly). Finally he helped me find a diamond with a HCA score of 2 that was located in NYC. I wasn’t sure (since I’m international, if I returned the diamond, I would lose custom fees on the diamond which is almost a thousand dollars, so I really did not want to return), so he got me a video and an Idealscope image of the diamond. He said he had someone examine it in NYC and it was eyeclean, but it was SI2, so I personally really wasn’t sure if it truly was completely eye clean. I liked the cut of the diamond though which was more important to me than an extremely eye clean diamond. I had a good feeling about it because I liked the cutter’s Instagram a lot, so I went for it.

Things might get complicated during the wire transfer and shipping, but Martin was UNFAILINGLY patient and professional even when I requested for minor things. I am very grateful for his patience with me. He also talked me through the wire transfer which took 5.5 days though it was supposed to take 3-4 days. You can always reach him on the phone if you have any questions. Then the diamond was shipped and he also reminded me to check on the delivery and make delivery arrangements as it was about to reach my country.

I opened it and to my relief and great joy, it was extremely white face-up for an L color diamond. I must be color blind because I would say that in 90% of lighting environments it is pretty much face-up sparkling white, maybe ivory, to me. I think that this could partially be due to the cut of the diamond. It is eye clean to me. Very, very pleased. I took some time to examine it in a ton of different lighting before confirming with Martin that I was going to keep the diamond. Asked Martin a couple more questions and again he was always very patient and responded quickly.

Thanks Martin for helping me purchase my dream diamond! I would encourage everyone to get quotes from him if you’re on a tight budget and want to purchase a great diamond with a HCA score of around 2 or less. I am very appreciative of his friendliness and great customer service even when issues crop up. That’s the kind of person that I am grateful to work with, not the kind of person that takes your money and is cold and unhelpful when you have a problem. Thank you to Pricescope for recommending him as a trusted vendor.

The diamond has been sent for setting, will update with a thread once it’s been set!

17E9D705-F8EE-467A-B795-98F2A0D7DB20.jpeg
FFD4BBE7-46E4-4CA3-A912-91EA6793D360.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a 2.25 L SI2 diamond from Martin from USA Certed Diamonds and it is beautiful! I tried to contact him many times through e-mail but never received a response. I’m international so I have no idea how to call someone in the U.S. short of buying a calling card for tens of dollars with no guarantee that I’d be able to contact Martin. Finally I used my husband’s Skype subscription to contact Martin. After a couple of days of trying (it was Christmas, so he probably was pretty busy with family), I was shocked that I actually got through.

So the moral of the story is, don’t e-mail Martin. Call him. If you can’t get through, leave a voicemail and call again the next day. Call 20 times if you have to, it’s so worth it. You will not be able to get his prices, contacts and diamond expertise anywhere else.

Once I got through to Martin with a phone call, everything was great. The diamonds I was interested in were sold, so he found me a list of other diamonds (which were also sold quickly). Finally he helped me find a diamond with a HCA score of 2 that was located in NYC. I wasn’t sure (since I’m international, if I returned the diamond, I would lose custom fees on the diamond which is almost a thousand dollars, so I really did not want to return), so he got me a video and an Idealscope image of the diamond. He said he had someone examine it in NYC and it was eyeclean, but it was SI2, so I personally really wasn’t sure if it truly was completely eye clean. I liked the cut of the diamond though which was more important to me than an extremely eye clean diamond. I had a good feeling about it because I liked the cutter’s Instagram a lot, so I went for it.

Things might get complicated during the wire transfer and shipping, but Martin was UNFAILINGLY patient and professional even when I requested for minor things. I am very grateful for his patience with me. He also talked me through the wire transfer which took 5.5 days though it was supposed to take 3-4 days. You can always reach him on the phone if you have any questions. Then the diamond was shipped and he also reminded me to check on the delivery and make delivery arrangements as it was about to reach my country.

I opened it and to my relief and great joy, it was extremely white face-up for an L color diamond. I must be color blind because I would say that in 90% of lighting environments it is pretty much face-up sparkling white, maybe ivory, to me. I think that this could partially be due to the cut of the diamond. It is eye clean to me. Very, very pleased. I took some time to examine it in a ton of different lighting before confirming with Martin that I was going to keep the diamond. Asked Martin a couple more questions and again he was always very patient and responded quickly.

Thanks Martin for helping me purchase my dream diamond! I would encourage everyone to get quotes from him if you’re on a tight budget and want to purchase a great diamond with a HCA score of around 2 or less. I am very appreciative of his friendliness and great customer service even when issues crop up. That’s the kind of person that I am grateful to work with, not the kind of person that takes your money and is cold and unhelpful when you have a problem. Thank you to Pricescope for recommending him as a trusted vendor.

The diamond has been sent for setting, will update with a thread once it’s been set!

17E9D705-F8EE-467A-B795-98F2A0D7DB20.jpeg
FFD4BBE7-46E4-4CA3-A912-91EA6793D360.jpeg

Can we get a hand shot??

Thanks for the tip about calling Martin,

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes please!

igs

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi JadeSilver. Thanks for your testimonial. Also, please email me a photo of the finished ring. Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks a lot. Kind regards, Martin Sheffield

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results