shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent- Qu on Profile Height - Please help me!

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
hi guys - i have put my order in for my wedding bands - two 3/4 eternity bands set with 0.06ct stones. Similar to the BGD Dream but it will be a little different. From memory, BGD told me the profile height for 0.06 stones would be 1.8mm and if they were 0.10 stones it would be 1.9mm - I have told my jeweller that i am wanting them to be 1.8mm and he has said that we can do that, but we run the risk of the diamonds poking through just slightly. He has suggested 2mm or 2.10mm. I want this ring to be as low as possible, to sit snug beneath my engagement ring.... do you think the 1.8mm will be ok? He has said we can do it however I want, but I don't want to tell him to stick with 1.8mm if the diamonds will end up poking through.... then it will be my fault.

I do think it's a little odd though that BGD said 0.10 stones would be 1.9mm... the 0.06 stones should be fine in a 1.8mm height, right? Or does it depend on the skill of the jeweller?

Would love to hear from some jewellers if you are out there.. I am really stuck on this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whether the height will work with your e-ring depends on the height of the e-ring. Do you have a profile shot of your e-ring?

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
I will take one and post in a sec.

If it helps, I tried on the shared prong seven stone rings that Tiffany has - one had 0.04's I think and the other had 0.08's... they both fit perfectly under my engagement ring.

I did try to measure my engagement ring the other day, and I got 2mm in height, maybe a smidge over. I don't know how accurate my measurements were tho...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lottapalooza|1307931131|2944417 said:

If it helps, I tried on the shared prong seven stone rings that Tiffany has - one had 0.04's I think and the other had 0.08's... they both fit perfectly under my engagement ring.

I did try to measure my engagement ring the other day, and I got 2mm in height, maybe a smidge over. I don't know how accurate my measurements were tho...

Ask your jeweler to use calipers to measure the height of your ring at the point between your fingers.

I have the Dream band with 5 point stones and it is 2mm in height. Unless BGD has changes the design since I created it 8) that is its height :))

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
profile shot... hope this works! I have one more, but having trouble loading them and posting!

IMG_0465.JPG

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
and the other one...

IMG_0466.JPG

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1307931268|2944418 said:
lottapalooza|1307931131|2944417 said:

Ask your jeweler to use calipers to measure the height of your ring at the point between your fingers.

I have the Dream band with 5 point stones and it is 2mm in height. Unless BGD has changes the design since I created it 8) that is its height :))

I just checked my emails from BGD and Jamie definitely said "the dream band is approximately 1.8mm in height with the 6pt stones. By using the 10pt stones it will be approximately 1.9mm in height. It should work very well with your engagement because the heights should match up together"

Oh dear, i don't know what to do!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pretty sure my Memoire band with 10 pointers is 2mm or less in height, so I am encouraged that BG is giving 1.8 and 1.9mm heights for theirs. The band I wear most is the Legacy band which is also probably close to 2mm high. I think you'll be fine if you say it cannot be over 2mm. I think I'd be tempted to get them from BG just to be sure they are made right, though. It certainly would be unacceptable for the stones to be deeper than the setting!!! It looks like you probably have room for 2mm high, though. But you could try one on to be absolutely sure.

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
I was going to get them from BGD but being in Australia, i would have to pay gst on top of the price, plus the shipping.. whereas if I have them made here, I can claim the gst when I leave the country. It worked out better for me to have it made locally.. and that way I can always take them back if I have any problems.

Yes, two bands are quite blingy - I was fortunate enough when visiting a jeweller the other that he had two bands waiting to pick up there were made with 0.06ct stones... i absoluetly adored the way it looked! As I mentioned before, i tried on two bands at Tiffany - the 0.04's were a touch small and the 0.08's were just too big for my hand and my e-ring, which is why i thought 0.06's would be good...then when I got to see what it would be like in real life, I was super happy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I totally understand about having them made locally since you are not in the US!

I am glad you were able to try on two with 6 pointers! I do think that is a nice size! I just don't have long enough fingers to pull that off!

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
I wish I could have had them made by BGD!! Maybe another piece...

Yes, I think the 6 pointers was exactly right... anything more and my finger started to look a little overwhelmed!! So excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results